Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Dec. 29, 2020  2:51 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: What are you craziest dreams for Beyblade? My are:

Hanamaru becomes a full time Sakuga animator for Beyblade Burst

They do a special series directly adapting the Burst manga, every special chapter (except that gag one since it would infringe of copyright in the world of anime since its not as interconnected as Corocoro) every battle taking out, every plot line and battle beat by beat using the same exact writing and tone's.

I would say a crossover between OG and MFB (not burst it wouldn’t be nice to have a crossover with them unless they become crazy strong somehow)
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:51 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:45 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Because they then wouldn’t be close to the same age as the target audience. They don’t need to come back.

I personally thought it was Hikaru and Hyuga vs Shu and Lane.

They've been out of the Target audience (8) for quite some time. Valt is already 15.

They don't really go for a certain age group. Every season or 2 they make child characters and kids grow up with them and show. So Valt and the kids that have been watching him since Season 1 can all grow along side him, becoming 13 then 15 then 16 etc. Every new protag is a new chance for a kid to grow alongside someone (I'm growing alongside Dante, well I'm almost a year older). So yeah thats how they be doing things.
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:51 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: What are you craziest dreams for Beyblade? My are:

Hanamaru becomes a full time Sakuga animator for Beyblade Burst

They do a special series directly adapting the Burst manga, every special chapter (except that gag one since it would infringe of copyright in the world of anime since its not as interconnected as Corocoro) every battle taking out, every plot line and battle beat by beat using the same exact writing and tone's.

I'd love that. Similarly I'd like to see a good deal of the manga directly adapted, with some room for creative licence here and there but no disruption or alteration to the major plotlines and details. If they did that, I think they'd make me and a lot of people happy.
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:51 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:45 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Because they then wouldn’t be close to the same age as the target audience. They don’t need to come back.

I personally thought it was Hikaru and Hyuga vs Shu and Lane.

They've been out of the Target audience (8) for quite some time. Valt is already 15.

Well yeah that’s why I said “the wouldn’t be close.” At least they are school age with Silas being the farthest at early post secondary which isn’t too bad. It’s after that point that the characters begin to take maturity bumps.
Even people Free's age have a character to grow up with.
Maybe an animated burst spin off of Metal fight or the Plastic generation would be cool. Mr Morita and Mr Takafumi seem to totally be down to do something like that so hopefully it happens.
Well at least I grow with the OG's of OG and Burst
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:55 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:51 AM)Admiral W Wrote: They've been out of the Target audience (8) for quite some time. Valt is already 15.

Well yeah that’s why I said “the wouldn’t be close.” At least they are school age with Silas being the farthest at early post secondary which isn’t too bad. It’s after that point that the characters begin to take maturity bumps.

But truthfully they've been well older than the age group for quite some time. All the way since season 3. Valt was 13 there. 5 years older. An 8 year old and a 13 year old wouldn't even be in the same school. Not here in the US anyway where a good many fans are located.
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:58 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:55 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Well yeah that’s why I said “the wouldn’t be close.” At least they are school age with Silas being the farthest at early post secondary which isn’t too bad. It’s after that point that the characters begin to take maturity bumps.

But truthfully they've been well older than the age group for quite some time. All the way since season 3. Valt was 13 there. 5 years older. An 8 year old and a 13 year old wouldn't even be in the same school. Not here in the US anyway where a good many fans are located.

It’s more or less still carrying the general idea that they are still kids at heart or at least can appeal to kids since they haven’t reached the maturity of full grown adults. And that’s also the point of the new characters each season, they are younger to appeal to younger audience as Eclipse Force said.
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:58 AM)Pixi Wrote: remember yugo?

Yeah I remember him. Why the question tho?
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:59 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:58 AM)Admiral W Wrote: But truthfully they've been well older than the age group for quite some time. All the way since season 3. Valt was 13 there. 5 years older. An 8 year old and a 13 year old wouldn't even be in the same school. Not here in the US anyway where a good many fans are located.

It’s more or less still carrying the general idea that they are still kids at heart or at least can appeal to kids since they haven’t reached the maturity of full grown adults. And that’s also the point of the new characters each season, they are younger to appeal to younger audience as Eclipse Force said.

As we've seen they have a mix of ages in the show so I don't think their current age is a valid reason for them not to come back next season given that they've already been quite a bit older than the target audience for quite some time. If they follow the same time conventions between seasons, they won't be adults.
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:00 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:59 AM)Zeutron Wrote: It’s more or less still carrying the general idea that they are still kids at heart or at least can appeal to kids since they haven’t reached the maturity of full grown adults. And that’s also the point of the new characters each season, they are younger to appeal to younger audience as Eclipse Force said.

As we've seen they have a mix of ages in the show so I don't think there current age is a valid reason for them not to come back next season given that they've already been quite a bit older than the target audience for quite some time.

They are still teens nonetheless though, hence why they would still be able to appeal to younger audiences. Sure they can can have them come back with only a 1 year time skip to solve that issue but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s repetitive and clearly not what the majority of fans want. They can do much better than just bringing back old characters.
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:00 AM)EarthHelios Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  2:58 AM)Pixi Wrote: remember yugo?

Yeah I remember him. Why the question tho?

oh i just wanted to see if ppl remembered him lol
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:00 AM)Admiral W Wrote: As we've seen they have a mix of ages in the show so I don't think there current age is a valid reason for them not to come back next season given that they've already been quite a bit older than the target audience for quite some time.

They are still teens nonetheless though, hence why they would still be able to appeal to younger audiences. Sure they can can have them come back with only a 1 year time skip to solve that issue but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s repetitive and clearly not what the majority of fans want. They can do much better than just bringing back old characters.

The problem is they appeal to the older audiences. Thats why they have characters that are so old. They could have made Free 12 is Evo but they made in 14. They still have to have characters that appeal to older audiences.
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:05 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote: They are still teens nonetheless though, hence why they would still be able to appeal to younger audiences. Sure they can can have them come back with only a 1 year time skip to solve that issue but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s repetitive and clearly not what the majority of fans want. They can do much better than just bringing back old characters.

The problem is they appeal to the older audiences. Thats why they have characters that are so old. They could have made Free 12 is Evo but they made in 14. They still have to have characters that appeal to older audiences.

I understand what you mean, but at this point most of the popular returning cast is just slowly and surely getting too old to keep doing this. Sure they can keep this up for a while but eventually they will have to revert to a newer beginning and have those characters age instead. The fact of the matter also is, it’s not very creative and has gotten very repetitive.
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:00 AM)Admiral W Wrote: As we've seen they have a mix of ages in the show so I don't think there current age is a valid reason for them not to come back next season given that they've already been quite a bit older than the target audience for quite some time.

The main thrust of your point was their ages. I have no problem with it. Unless I misunderstood, it seemed to me you didn't think they should come back because of their current age, that's the point I don't agree with. The fans not wanting them back for another season for some other reason is a separate discussion.
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:06 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:05 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: The problem is they appeal to the older audiences. Thats why they have characters that are so old. They could have made Free 12 is Evo but they made in 14. They still have to have characters that appeal to older audiences.

I understand what you mean, but at this point most of the popular returning cast is just too old to go back far behind. Sure they can keep this up for a while but eventually they will have to revert to a newer beginning and have those characters age instead.

People that are 15 rn have plenty of time on their hands to keep watching for know and beyond. you'd be surprised at the amount of 20+ Beyblade fans. Never too old.
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:07 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote: They are still teens nonetheless though, hence why they would still be able to appeal to younger audiences. Sure they can can have them come back with only a 1 year time skip to solve that issue but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s repetitive and clearly not what the majority of fans want. They can do much better than just bringing back old characters.

The main thrust of your point was their ages. I have no problem with it. Unless I misunderstood it seemed to me you didn't think they should come back because of their current age, that's the point I don't agree with. The fans not wanting them back for another season for some other reason is a separate discussion.

It’s not to say that they can’t come back but since they can just have a smaller time skip to still have them at a younger age but haven’t them as fully matured adults just doesn’t do it.
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:07 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:06 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I understand what you mean, but at this point most of the popular returning cast is just too old to go back far behind. Sure they can keep this up for a while but eventually they will have to revert to a newer beginning and have those characters age instead.

People that are 15 rn have plenty of time on their hands to keep watching for know and beyond. you'd be surprised at the amount of 20+ Beyblade fans. Never too old.

Very true.

(Dec. 29, 2020  3:08 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:07 AM)Admiral W Wrote: The main thrust of your point was their ages. I have no problem with it. Unless I misunderstood it seemed to me you didn't think they should come back because of their current age, that's the point I don't agree with. The fans not wanting them back for another season for some other reason is a separate discussion.

It’s not to say that they can’t come back but since they can just have a smaller time skip to still have them at a younger age but haven’t them as fully matured adults just doesn’t do it.
I wasn't saying to bring them back as adults.
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:07 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2020  3:06 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I understand what you mean, but at this point most of the popular returning cast is just too old to go back far behind. Sure they can keep this up for a while but eventually they will have to revert to a newer beginning and have those characters age instead.

Surely there are older fans but takara tomy clearly prioritizes the younger fans who are definitely the majority as well as target audience.