Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Yeah bit beasts were and always weird, and so stupid and Pokemon plot in V-Force... It also made me cringe when Sergei held his blade out to absorb Dranzer like it was a Pokemon it was so stupid!

As I mentioned, why didn't MFB have Bit Beasts? Since it's rather more fantasy themed, and Plastics should have had the metaphorical beasts, since it's more realistic in terms of situations they're put in and the world in general, minus the stupid bit beasts. Even though Burst is currently becoming an average anime series for other problems, it at least knew the down to earth tone of it and didn't have bit beasts, I'm sure the motifs are metaphorical as they've never interacted with the characters, and the Valkyrie sword touching Valts launcher doesn't count, I see it more as a metaphor for Valt and Valkyries becoming one and Valt feeling the launching technique... somehow. The OG series were really confused with what they wanted to do, it's trying to have this tournament plot and sort of try to be down to earth, because if you think about it, without the bit beasts and powerful blades, it would be more like Bursts, only with more interesting characters and more tension even with the bit beast nonsense. I feel like bit beasts were there to cash in on Pokemon's success, and no that's not a good reason to have them. Thank goodness G-Revolution toned that nonsense down, only to be replaced by some weird transformations, which I guess is... better?
Well, it kinda is like a Pokémon. Saint Beasts can be gained, lost and captured. Of course he held out his Beyblade as if to capture it — he was capturing it. That's what that whole arc was about.

I've been watching both season 1 and G-Rev subbed lately, and I have to say, season 1 is a lot more engaging. Will try to write more soon, but bless BeyUK for subbing this actively. It would be a miracle if we finally got this whole series subbed.
Yes! I am aware he's capturing the bit beast, but I find it stupid looking either way, it's just how I feel, the concept of bit beast capturing just feels awkward to me. In general, I just don't really like the bit beast capturing stuff that much, I find the metaphorical beasts in MFB and Bursts less cringy TBH.

I just want to clear up that, if you think I am hating your beloved BSB series, I'm not, as it's my second most enjoyable series behind G-Revolution, but every series has it's flaws including the original trilogy.
lol, I don't think you are hating on it. "My beloved BSB series ..." I just wanna talk about cartoons.

I don't mind Bit Beasts in BSB and G-Rev, since they make their appearances only briefly and the act more like climaxes than a regular part of the battle, but 2002 is unwatchable.
I think G-Revolution was great, it focused more on the tops and players than the beasts, and having them as the climax does work, and it's a reason why I like G-Rev more than 2000.
It was MFB's battles that revolved around the actions of beasts that might exist or might just be a figment of the imagination, thereby causing the whole battle to be a delusion, that bothered me. Real bit beasts for the plastics anime was fine, obviously unreal for Burst is fine, in the middle is not.
Man, V-Force was boring...
(Sep. 01, 2016  11:13 AM)Sakyo X2! Wrote: It is Zac![Image: detail12.png]

How nice >///< I love Zac >///<
Anyone could translate his description? There are some new info on him? *-*
If I were writing the burst anime, I think I'd've made Wakiya's unnamed opponent beat him in episode 22.

He has no name, no distinctive design, no nothing but a decent combo that, were it Deathscyther instead of Dark Deathscyther, would actually be pretty viable.

Two episodes later he'd be fighting Hoji, who's freaked out by the fact that his role model lost to a complete unknown. From here, Mr. Unknown slowly develops into a genuine character, with his unorthodox (as far as TT/little kids are concerned) combo explained along the way, but, even by the end of the tournament, he still looks like the generic throwaway character he is. After all is said and done, he loses in semis without ever facing Volt and is never seen again.

Would be an interesting way to promote real thought on how the various parts work and sell a hasbro-esque random assortment of recoloured parts, while simultaneously adding a major twist player to keep people on their toes regarding the anime tournaments.
So, tonight I ran into M. Christian Heywood (@[Zeo Mac])–the voice actor for Zeo Abyss–at a screening of Digimon Adventure tri. in Toronto... and incredibly, he was wearing his classic WBO t-shirt that we gave him years ago! Hahaha. Great guy.
He and the Toby voice actor whose name I cannot remember, unfortunately, are really great friends of the community for sure.
Quick question- Are the four "spin emperors" Shu, Xhaka, Zak, and Rui?
(Sep. 16, 2016  5:07 AM)BeyGabe Wrote: Quick question- Are the four "spin emperors" Shu, Xhaka, Zak, and Rui?

I believe they are. But I think they are called Zac and Lui/Louis because in japanese the L is pronounced like an R.
I think the owner of Quad Quetzalcoatl is written Quan Kimidori. Quan is a Chinese/Vietnamese name and means soldier or fist. Kimidori would also make sense because Ki means yellow and midori means green in japanese and the color of Quad Quetzalcoatl is yellow-greenish.
I really hate to sound like a minimod, I really do, but you could've edited your second comment to your first rather than double post.
(Sep. 16, 2016  11:52 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I really hate to sound like a minimod, I really do, but you could've edited your second comment to your first rather than double post.

Sorry. Unhappy I will do that next time.
If you love Zac, you can also admire this photo!
[Image: CsYVVXDUMAALBOv.jpg]
(Sep. 13, 2016  2:06 PM)Sabaku no Gaara Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  11:13 AM)Sakyo X2! Wrote: It is Zac![Image: detail12.png]

How nice >///< I love Zac >///<
Anyone could translate his description? There are some new info on him? *-*
(Sep. 16, 2016  5:39 PM)Aoi Valt Wrote: If you love Zac, you can also admire this photo!
[Image: CsYVVXDUMAALBOv.jpg]

How nice *___* Zac ❤ He's so handsome >///<
Thank you so much Valt *-*
Wow. I guess Zac is even a charm to people in rl. XD
(Sep. 16, 2016  10:00 AM)TL14 Wrote: I think the owner of Quad Quetzalcoatl is written Quan Kimidori. Quan is a Chinese/Vietnamese name and means soldier or fist. Kimidori would also make sense because Ki means yellow and midori means green in japanese and the color of Quad Quetzalcoatl is yellow-greenish.

This is true. The hiragana on the side of his name has the み (mi) symbol rather than め (me). So it's Kimidori.
As for the first name, it is spelled like クオン (kuon) so it's probably Quon. Kimidori Quon.
You know, I just realised another thing weird about Bursts anime, like the other gen series, they will constantly shout their Beyblades names during a battle, normally this would be used to call out the bit beast to attack or the top in general, however in Burst, they don't actually control the Beyblades, so it just comes off as weird and dumb, and I don't know how much power it actually boosts but if Burst is meant to have more realistic battles then that wouldn't make sense.

Some people have told me that it's really just them being kids and they're cheering for their Beyblades, sort of like cheering for your favourite sports team to win, and I think that's a good point, however, cheering your favourite sports team would actually motivate them to do their best, while Beyblades aren't self aware, the camera will often give a shot at the Beyblades after they yell their names out in Burst like the other series as if they did summon power.

This isn't really a complaint but just something I've found when I was really really bored and stumped.
Shogun Steel was pure awesomeness.
(Sep. 18, 2016  1:45 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Some people have told me that it's really just them being kids and they're cheering for their Beyblades, sort of like cheering for your favourite sports team to win, and I think that's a good point, however, cheering your favourite sports team would actually motivate them to do their best, while Beyblades aren't self aware, the camera will often give a shot at the Beyblades after they yell their names out in Burst like the other series as if they did summon power.

They're kids who have a deep connection to their beyblades and treat them as sentient. This is just one example of how that manifests itself.
I did a little research and I found out that Miguel is a Spanish/Portuguese name, Claude is a French name and Aaron and Mathilda are both German names.
Well, Aaron and Mathilda get used in almost any language though, not just in Germany.

Miguel's original name is Mihael, by the way.