Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

I hope this is the right thread for my question.
I want to buy all the Zero-G manga volumes, anyone know if it was translated in english by some organization? I saw around internet and it seems that the only one that have translate it is asuka/kaze, but it is french and unfortunately I don't speak/understand it very well Unhappy In case there is no translation I will be forced to buy the japanese one.
Anyone knows something about this?
(Jun. 13, 2014  3:19 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: I hope this is the right thread for my question.
I want to buy all the Zero-G manga volumes, anyone know if it was translated in english by some organization? I saw around internet and it seems that the only one that have translate it is asuka/kaze, but it is french and unfortunately I don't speak/understand it very well Unhappy In case there is no translation I will be forced to buy the japanese one.

I believe not even half of the Metal Fight Beyblade manga volumes were translated in English for some reason ... So, not Zero-G either.
(Jun. 13, 2014  4:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2014  3:19 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: I hope this is the right thread for my question.

I believe not even half of the Metal Fight Beyblade manga volumes were translated in English for some reason ... So, not Zero-G either.
Really? In Italy Panini released all the Metal Fight manga saga except the Zero-G, so I think that I have definitely to buy the japanese one Confused
However, thanks for the info!
I know that what I'm going to post may not be relevant but Kai-V herself thought that I should post this here anyway.
There is an existing franchise that is like Beyblade and Top Plate which lasted three series as far as my knowledge goes and it is called Swirl Fighter. Swirl Fighter was a rare, old and obscure 'anime/cartoon hybrid'

[Image: 08_swirl-fighters.jpg]
[Image: 1378764853454-P-1062495-500x500.jpg]

The series...oh god. I don't know when it was made but looking at YouTube videos it was 2009 or earlier, knock yourself out.

EDIT: Oh and by the way the weight disk piece is called...a 'weight disk' just like the plastic Beyblades and the attack ring piece is called...well take a guess, its called an 'attack ring' just like the plastic Beyblades. Wow they couldn't even come up wih their own names for some of the parts.

EDIT: Another funny thing I discovered is the old man in this series episode 3 season 1 timed 9:22 on youtube called them "BEYBLADES" and did this twice as well, I'm not kidding.
So I watching the new episode of Total Drama Pahkitew island, and Dave, is the voice actor Daniel DeSanto, otherwise known as Ray from the Beyblade anime.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_DeSanto

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Drama_(season_5)
(Jul. 08, 2014  11:07 PM)Echizen Wrote: So I watching the new episode of Total Drama Pahkitew island, and Dave, is the voice actor Daniel DeSanto, otherwise known as Ray from the Beyblade anime.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_DeSanto

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Drama_(season_5)
Looks like it according to Wikiedia.
Edit: misread it.

Yeah I had a feeling it sounded like him so I checked it out and it is him. He's played in quite a few other shows too.
Some time ago I've posted here about a cameo of beyblade in Sket Dance, now I've more to let you know Grin

-click on them for full resoluion-

This was the old screen that I already linked months ago:
[Image: snmk4i.png]
Now I also found this:
[Image: vlcsnap2011091209h39m47.png]
This from Shaman King:
[Image: 1212.jpg]
And this Bakuten Shoot tribute from Metal Fight Beyblade:
[Image: Bladebreaker_cameos_in_MFB_by_Kirst_Mizuhime.jpg]
Cool. Are the Beyblades next to the cards from Sket Dance as well ?
I just found it on the web, so I really don't know, but I think that the second one also come from Sket Dance Smile
Yes, the second image is from Sket Dance. Episode 74 I believe, hah.
(Jul. 10, 2014  2:07 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Yes, the second image is from Sket Dance. Episode 74 I believe, hah.
Oh thanks for the info! Have you ever seen other tributes to beyblade in the anime? and in the manga?
Hm... I get the feeling I have in something, but I just can't get the name.

This seems pretty fun to do, so I guess I'll be checking for other tributes.
hah great! If we reach a considerable number of cameo's proof we could open a 'Beyblade cameo' thread Grin
That's pretty awesome, haha.
Just spent the whole day rewatching G-Revolution and now I'm so pumped for the tournament tomorrow, haha. IMO it's the best Beyblade season to date.
(Jul. 19, 2014  3:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: Just spent the whole day rewatching G-Revolution and now I'm so pumped for the tournament tomorrow, haha. IMO it's the best Beyblade season to date.

I agree, it's certainly way better than the miserable loads that were Zero-G and 4D, and the spinoffs.
(Jul. 21, 2014  7:45 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2014  3:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: Just spent the whole day rewatching G-Revolution and now I'm so pumped for the tournament tomorrow, haha. IMO it's the best Beyblade season to date.

I agree, it's certainly way better than the miserable loads that were Zero-G and 4D, and the spinoffs.

Spin Offs? Oh you mean like Beywheelz and Beyraiderz.
Bakuten Shoot Beyblade wasn't half bad either. The animation style was very- AMERCIAN in a way. The anime style wasn't bad though, I liked the Beyblades and how they looked.
(Jul. 21, 2014  10:35 PM)Neo Wrote: Bakuten Shoot Beyblade wasn't half bad either. The animation style was very- AMERCIAN in a way. The anime style wasn't bad though, I liked the Beyblades and how they looked.

It's definitely one of my favourite series being almost as good as G-Revolution, although this doesn't have Hilary which is absolutely great, V-Force is pretty mediocre because Hilary was the worst and it's irrelevant to the rest, cyber bit beasts isn't the best idea as a whole series but a few episodes are good, but man in V-Force Tyson was at his low point, ugh I didn't like it, Anyhow V-Force is not that great of a series but it's miles better than 4D and Zero G and Spinoffs: Basically here's my best to worst series(including spinoffs):
.Beyblade G-Revolution
.Bakuten Shoot Beyblade
.Metal Fight Beyblade
.Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion(However the Raw is miles better IMO)
.Beyblade V-Force
.Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
.Beywheelz/Metal Fight Beyblade Zero G(Yeah I said it, it's horrible)
.Beyraiderz
Just to say, "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade" refers to the first three seasons, not just the first one. The proper names of the seasons are :

- Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2000/2001
- Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2002
- Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G Revolution
I will agree that Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2002/Beyblade: V-Force was not the best for its time when it comes to the anime. However ZO/Zeo was great though because his story was interesting and it was better than listen to Takao/Tyson become such a tool a lot of the time. Yes I understand it shows his frustration and ways he develops his personallity but just because it was used for character development, DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO LIKE IT! Yes I also agree Hiromi/Hilary was a waste of space...I mean what is her purpose? To cook? From what I have heard she is suppose to train the Bladebreakers...something that Kai and Kyojyu/Kenny do fine already. Maybe she is suppose to be the back up but I still see little purpose to that. As far as I'm concerned, she is just there for show or to attract the female audience...attract them to what? Act like such a nag? Hiromi/Hilary is my least favourite female character in the Old Gen...YES! And people ACTUALLY think their are worse female characters here, "OHH Ming Ming is far worse than Hiromi/Hilary" really, REALLY? Ming Ming was actually better because she wasn't such a waste of space. The Psychic were...okay. Kane and Co were the best parts...I guess. The Saint Shields were...lets say repetitive beyond belief.

EDIT: Y'know I have seen a lot of unnessecary female characters like Dora (Lera if you may) from Team Lovushka and some other ones such as Mei-Mei, Ming-Ming, Hikaru Hasama, Sala, Motti and I believe I said Ren was the ABSOLUTE worst when it comes to female characters, but now that I have looked back at Hiromi/Hilary...wow she takes the cake.

Mei-Mei was at least Chi-Yun and Chao Xin's tag team partner, Ming-Ming was BEGA's mascot to encourage bladers to join in and shows Takao/Tyson and Co they weren't trying to cheat, Motti, Dora/Lera and Sala appear much more rarely, Hikaru was the asisstant in the WBBA (Despite my disapproval) and Ren introduces Takanosuke (not intentionally)...but Hiromi/Hilary...she just bosses about and nags...
(Jul. 22, 2014  1:49 PM)Neo Wrote:

Mariam and Ozuma were OK but good lord that episode with Her and Max was when I said "was this really neccessary? Do I gotta look at how great Mariam is?" Nah just kidding but in all seriousness the only real memorable episodes were the Cyber bit beasts with Kane and Co, Salima was soooo amazing despite being voiced by Susan Roman, also I found it hilarious when Kane kept moaning and crying after his beyblade was crushed by King and Queen, it may sound cruel of me but I say grow a spine if anyone was offended, at least it's entertaining.

I'll do a review of each series if Kai-V lets me, but it's an overall of the series so it's only gonna be like a page long.

OK this has got to be addressed right away and I know people will disagree and bash on me for this but why do they focus on Max more than Ray? It may seem false but that's how I just feel, here's why:
.In V-Force they gave Max and Tyson great opponents in the beginning of the championships(Ok I get that they didn't battle them) but Ray and Kai got two generic opponents.
.Ray sometimes has no interesting things to say, usually he would say "Yeah!" Or "sure did" but Max seems to usually have more to say, isn't Max and Ray suppose to get equal roles, they kinda do but kinda don't also.
.Max gets seven upgrades, Ray only got six and I may seem nit picky but why everyone got a beyblade before the S series while Ray didn't is baffling, and Daichi doesn't count.
.In the qualifier tournament of Ray vs Tyson they cut Rays battle short saying "I'm no match for oh Tyson" Ok then why Max got three battles but Rays was cut short.

Ok I think I made my point, if you disagree then that's fine but I just wanted to express my thoughts. If you tell me "but there are Ray only episodes too", well there are Max only episodes.

OK time to give a brief sentence thought of each series before I review them:
Beyblade 2000-2001 - Good start, Funny and Charming, I like it.
Beyblade V-Force - A downgrade that is watchable but it's boring.
Beyblade G-Revolution - An absolutely great series which ended the classic series nicely.
Beyblade Metal Fusion - Both Raw And Dub version are heartwarming and charming.
Beyblade Explosion - A nice take on the world championships and is fun, but the dub is a bleh.
Beyblade 4D - What a miserable excuse of a series, boring characters and story.
Beyblade Zero G - With a new system you think it be better, but Oh My God it's even worse, I can hardly watch it, I had a better time watching Swirl Fighters.
Beywheelz - Boring and nonsensical, this turned me off of the term "Bey", thanks Beywheelz, Beywheels are not beys! Call them Wheelz or something, also cliche characters.
Beyraiderz - It's the worst Beyblade related series ever made, boring and uninteresting, too cheesy and like Beywheelz TOTALLY CLICHE.

Sorry for long post but I just had to say all this. As for related stuff like Swirl Fighters and ugh Top Plate, that's next time.
The characters in all the seasons of MFB lacked character development or even unique-ness in my opinion.