[Raleigh, NC, USA] - 8/30/2014 - Super Yolo Swag Tournament of Doom!

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Super Yolo Swag Tournament of Doom!

Date, Place, and Time Wrote:
Durant Park - 8305 Camp Durant Road, Raleigh, NC, 27614 - August 30th, 2014 - 12:00 P.M.

Standard Format/Zero-G Format

Hey guys! Who's ready for another tournament?

I'd just like to request that attendees confirm only for the formats they will be playing in, as we've had trouble before with confirmed attendees leaving before a second format begins on occasions when we're holding multiple events, and the result was a lack of attendance and the event was canceled.

What's the difference between each format, you ask? Well, read this thread for information on Standard format, and this thread for information on Zero-G format.

Also, remember, if you confirm, you must come and play! Don't confirm if you won't be there for sure!

Durant Nature Park is located off of Durant Rd about half way between Capital Blvd (North of I-540) and Falls of Neuse Rd. From the parking lot, you will walk down a short gravel trail towards the lake (follow Playground/Restroom/Picnic Area signs). We will try to get the "Sweetgum Shelter", but if it is already taken just check the other nearby tables. The park is family and pet friendly, with nearby trails, fields, restrooms, and a playground. There is no electrical access, though, so be sure all devices are fully charged.

We expect to be done with both formats by around 5:00 P.M. (unless we get 12 + people, in which case we could easily be done by as soon as 3:00 - 3:30 P.M.).

Judges will be myself, Thunder Dome, and anyone else certified who'd like to volunteer!

ATTENTION: This is of the utmost importance. If you do not own a Blader Passport, you must pay a mandatory 5 dollar entrance fee (or you can purchase a passport, details here) to enter this tournament. If you don't pay, you can't play.

Standard Format
STD Attendance List Wrote:Confirmed Attendees

TheBlackDragon
TigeroftheWest
Blader Light
Blader Hope
GP-Rev
sauseboss
Samuraiifrit321
samurai Tite
Kgirl

Unconfirmed Attendees

Thumbnail
bloodblader2001
Blaze Wheeler

Zero-G Format
LTD Attendance List Wrote:Confirmed Attendees

TheBlackDragon
TigeroftheWest
Blader Light
Blader Hope
GP-Rev
sauseboss
Samuraiifrit321
samurai Tite
Kgirl

Unconfirmed Attendees

Thumbnail
bloodblader2001
Blaze Wheeler

Happy blading guys! Don't forget to bring your friends. We want as many people as possible! Smile

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hey guys I might not be able to come. My dad just told me (pretty short notice) that he wants to go to a football game on Saturday. I would hate to miss this I might have to. Sorry for the inconvience.
OK guys, we need more people.

Anyone?

Seems like none of our regulars are able to make it.
Looks like it might be better to call of this event and focus on the big Limited Showdown
Nope, this tournament is on! Thanks to Tite and Kgirl, we have the required 8 participants! Not sure if we'll be able to do Zero-G tomorrow, but we can sure do Standard!
Sorry TBD as of now I can't come.
Alright everybody, due to last minute scheduling issues, We're going to have to cut Zero-G format and move the starting time back to 10:00 A.M.

So we'll be playing standard at Durant Park at 10:00 A.M. instead of 12:00 P.M.

See you guys there!
(Aug. 29, 2014  1:36 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: Alright everybody, due to last minute scheduling issues, We're going to have to cut Zero-G format and move the starting time back to 10:00 A.M.

So we'll be playing standard at Durant Park at 10:00 A.M. instead of 12:00 P.M.

See you guys there!

Yabunless zero g starts at like 240 I cant come
We aren't doing Zero-G unfortunately. I have some where I have to be that I wasn't aware of until today. :\
Good luck today guys. I'm so bummed that I can't come, I have t missed a tournament since before November 2012.
We'll be there in a couple minutes.

It's gonna be weird not having any GT players there. I wish we'd picked a better date, haha.
Results!

1st: samurai Tite

2nd: BladerLight

3rd: TheBlackDragon

samurai Tite did really well today.

I went undefeated in the preliminary rounds, and then in the finals I lost to Tite using MSF-L Girago Dragooon SA165EWD against his Genbull Girago E230MB (that match almost always goes to Dragooon (I've won that same matchup twice before in competition), but Girago did this crazy wobble thing and Dragoon just rolled around and scraped). Then I went against BladerLight using MSF-L Genbull Dragooon F230GCF against Duo SA165BWD, and I got gravel stuck in my GCF, and then my F230 malfunctioned really bad on me and I lost 3-0.

Unlucky day. :\ Hope that doesn't hurt my rank too bad. I did end with the best win/loss record, though, so that was cool.

BladerLight pulled some crazy stuff today, haha. He finally got his hands on an RDF.

Results and fees will be turned in ASAP. Thanks to everyone who came out today! It was a good time. Smile
Well sad to miss an event but oh we'll atleast others pulled one out. Congrats to Tite for winning.
Congrats to the placers! Can't wait to see the winning combinations!