Radiohead

A band the really needs no introduction. They've helped shaped what music is today and really are an amazing group.

For those of you who haven't heard, they released their 7th album, In Rainbows, on Oct. 10th. At the moment it's only available through an online download from their site in which you choose the amount you pay. That's right, whatever you want to pay for the cd is the price. I thought that was a really cool thing for them to do. The critics are loving the album, so am I.

Discuss anything Radiohead related here.
Roan Wrote:What if I want to pay nothing? D:

Well you could get it illegally then.

Or you could pay one cent for it, which is pretty close to nothing.
lol

I was just being stupid. I really don't have any interest in Radiohead.
I think they are a great band.. Always loved they're music, and lyrics. Great music to ride street to.

Radiohead always reminded me a little of Pink Floyd.
(Nov. 03, 2007  3:45 PM)Teikger Wrote: I think they are a great band.

so do I! oh, yeah! considering this is old and needs a new update:

new info on album 8

i've also heard that they may be in guitar hero 5, but that's just a rumor right now.
(Nov. 03, 2007  5:46 AM)Roan Wrote: lol

I was just being stupid. I really don't have any interest in Radiohead.

lmao

Two years later they're one of my favorite bands.

Here is the order kids:

In Rainbows > Kid A > OK Computer > Amnesiac > Hail to the Theif > The Bends > Pablo Honey.

Yup.
(May. 27, 2009  4:04 PM)Roan Wrote: lmao

Two years later they're one of my favorite bands.

Here is the order kids:

In Rainbows > Kid A > OK Computer > Amnesiac > Hail to the Theif > The Bends > Pablo Honey.

Yup.
Man, my list is completely different.

Amnesiac > OK Computer > The Bends > In Rainbows > Kid A > Pablo Honey

I don't own Hail to the Thief, so I can't really rank it. Amnesiac is a sonic symphony. Like Spinning Plates? oh god yesssss
(May. 27, 2009  10:58 PM)Toto Wrote: Amnesiac is a sonic symphony. Like Spinning Plates? oh god yesssss

Yeah I loooooove Like Spinning Plates.
OK > KID A > In Rainbows > Amnesiac/ Hail to the Thief > The Bends > Pablo

I spent like ten minutes trying to choose between Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief and couldn't.
I'm seriously in love with In Rainbows. I'm surprised you guys aren't ranking it higher. haha

Anyway, apparently the band is working on a new album. Anyone care to speculate on what direction they're going to take stylistically?

Personally I'm hoping for an evolution of the sound on In Rainbows.
(May. 28, 2009  3:37 AM)SexyMichael Wrote: OK > KID A > In Rainbows > Amnesiac/ Hail to the Thief > The Bends > Pablo

I spent like ten minutes trying to choose between Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief and couldn't.

OK > The Bends > Hail to the Theif > In Rainbows > Kid A > Amnesiac > Pablo

not the biggest Kid A/Amnesiac fan
I'm slowy getting into these guys.. Smile
really I attribute it to this [below], which i have posted but i don't think much of anyone clicked it,
http://1o3o.tumblr.com/
click "big ideas(don't get any)" a cover of nude, imo awsomly cool

I also liked 15 step without knowing hahaha
anyway I have the Bends and Ok computer but have yet to listen all the way through
i still hate myself for missing these guys at lolla last year. if only i liked them last summer . . . they were only an hour away from me UGHHHH

and i'm not sure what to expect from the new album. each album has been had a grossly different sound and feel from the last, so it's pretty hard for me to speculate at all.
I hope it's more atmospheric and experimental. In Rainbows had a very.... Oceanic sound to it. Like, a lot of the songs give the sensation of being under water or in water.

I hope the new album continues that sense of atmosphere, but takes it in a new direction. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll probably dislike the album at first and then have it slowly grow on me until I love it.

All of their albums have been that way for me, with In Rainbows being the only exception. I loved that album from the very first time I listened to it.
I'm hoping they finish one of their old unfinished songs like they did with Big Ideas on In Rainbows.

Although I wasn't happy that the sexy organ in the chorus was taken out when I heard nude.
(Jul. 21, 2009  10:57 AM)utsavkotrial Wrote: overrated

great post
(Jul. 21, 2009  10:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: great post

thank you very much
(Jul. 21, 2009  11:00 AM)utsavkotrial Wrote: thank you very much

i was being sarcastic

if you're going to post something like that you should explain it
(Jul. 21, 2009  11:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i was being sarcastic

if you're going to post something like that you should explain it

i was being sarcastic too, you know.

anyway, overhyped
(Jul. 21, 2009  11:02 AM)utsavkotrial Wrote: i was being sarcastic too, you know.

anyway, overhyped

that doesn't explain anything
(Jul. 21, 2009  11:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: that doesn't explain anything

ohkay i dont like them , im nt coming to this thread again, thank u very mch . .