[RULES] Stalling Clause Length

Poll: Should the time limit on the Stalling Clause be changed?

Yes, it should be shorter.
47.37%
Yes, it should be longer.
15.79%
No, 4 minutes is fine.
36.84%
Total: 100% 38 vote(s)
NOTE: You don't have to be advanced to vote in the poll!

Stalling Clause Length

Currently the maximum amount of time of the Stalling Clause is 4 minutes. Some have called for it being shorter, others have said 4 minutes is fine (AFAIK I don't think anyone wants it to be longer).

What should the Stalling Clause length be, and why?

PROS/CONS

If the stalling clause was shorter:

PROS
  • Tournaments would potentially be shorter
  • Less of a chance for "abuse"

CONS
  • Might not be enough time to assemble Beys

Personally, I feel that 4 minutes is excessive, but I acknowledge the issue of making sure there is enough time to assemble a Bey is an important one. With both in mind I feel like 2 minutes would be reasonable.
It was discussed in great length in th!nk's topic already, and the conclusion we came to was that we could try three minutes to begin with, and also, if one of the two Bladers has already made their selection, the other only has two minutes from what I remember to make his selection. Did you read that thread ? At the end of it, it was basically just up to the Committee to discuss now before it could be established.
Yeah, I totally read the thread, I really only included this topic in these threads for the sake of consistency. That's a fine conclusion, I just figured this would be here if something comes up later.

EDIT: We should totally get a summary of Th!nk's thread's discussions and put that in here
(Jun. 06, 2013  11:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It was discussed in great length in th!nk's topic already, and the conclusion we came to was that we could try three minutes to begin with, and also, if one of the two Bladers has already made their selection, the other only has two minutes from what I remember to make his selection. Did you read that thread ? At the end of it, it was basically just up to the Committee to discuss now before it could be established.

It was kinda complex - a minute from when the first blader is ready, with a minimum of two minutes and a maximum of four minutes. Nice round numbers makes it pretty easy to remember the times - when the first player announces they're done, if less than one minute has passed, it's 2 minutes from when you started timing, if one minute has passed it's a minute from the time the moment we're discussing, unless three minutes have passed where it's a flat four minutes from when you started timing. Sounds more complicated than it is.

The other option was a flat 2 minute limit based on wpardin's posts about having had no trouble with this in his area, and in both cases we'd initially make it a 3 minute flat limit to make it gradual.

I obviously strongly believe it should be shorter while not being concerned about which method is used (well, I guess a mild preference to the simpler 2m flat but eh).

Why did you include making it longer in the poll? It's pretty clear 4 minutes is more than enough haha.

Anyway, here's a link to my rules proposal thread where it is all discussed which should probably be looked over before voting:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rule-Cha...hole-Abuse

PS: bags not doing a summary of that thread.
So where do we stand with this? Im all for changing the time limit.