RS Discussion

I can't see many XF combos popping up as a counter to this due to the rarity of the blade, ecspecially if a cheap alternative can be acquired by using CS or a destabilizer instead.
(Aug. 31, 2010  5:34 PM)Kei Wrote: Though we have been getting much higher win percentages for Attack types recently before RS was released, 50% is still quite good for an Attack type versus a Defense type.

And I haven't done testing yet, but I can pretty much guarantee that destabilizers will obliterate RS due to it's poor balance and stamina.

To be honest, I think that 50% win rate for an attack type against a defence bey with RS is perfect. Obviously it's based on luck, but still... I can't really explain it.
Not only is this very good news for Defense, but it also makes me like Lightning L Drago even more, hah.
(Aug. 31, 2010  6:22 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2010  5:49 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Another way to counter this would be attack combos with XF, something that needs tested.

Perhaps. But if many RF-based customs are having trouble KOing RS-based customs, what makes you think they'll have any better luck using something like XF? Using XF, WF or any other Flat Bottom would allow you to outspin the RS Beyblade, but in that case, why not just use a Stamina custom?

So you can beat stamina combos more consistently :V

and for the love of goodness can someone test Burn + CS for stamina/attack?
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but regarding Libra... (Click to View)
thanks kei for making me even more angry that I got burn unicorno
jk hah but I am happy that there is anything that stands up to WB in terms of defence
(Aug. 31, 2010  5:08 AM)Kei Wrote: MF Earth Aquario R145RS vs. MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F
MF Earth Aquario R145RS: 3 wins
MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F: 15 wins
2 draws
RS win percentage: 17%

MF Earth Aquario GB145RS vs. MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F
MF Earth Aquario GB145RS: 9 wins
MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F: 9 wins
2 wins
RS win percentage: 50%

Do you mind if I post these results in my thread of MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-White-Ve...00R%C2%B2F
(Sep. 01, 2010  2:47 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Do you mind if I post these results in my thread of MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-White-Ve...00R%C2%B2F

Go for it.
Hey guys this is normal because defense types are supposed to have an advantage over attack types remember? just go in the battle with a stamina type and you're all set Smile
That post made me cringe.
It's only something probably everyone's heard from me about a 1000 times already, and we know.
We think RS is a good thing, no one thinks it's bad.
(Sep. 01, 2010  5:12 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: That post made me cringe.
It's only something probably everyone's heard from me about a 1000 times already, and we know.

yah but some people were saying that attack types are now going to struggle. Of course its a good thing defense is my style!
I retract my previous stament saying attack is sucking i forgot that defense>attack
(Sep. 01, 2010  5:21 AM)mchlbant Wrote: I retract my previous stament saying attack is sucking i forgot that defense>attack

Smile yay all happy!

P.S. RS is with Grand Ketos right? does anyone know the odds of getting it in the booster?
The odds of getting RS in the booster are 2/7
as it comes with
Grand Ketos WD145 RS
and Grand Ketos T125 RS
yes, i think 1 in 8
EDIT: fogot there 2 ketos (ketos'? ketos? ketoses? ketosi? Tongue_out) 2 in 8 or 2 out of 7
thnx guys!
(Sep. 01, 2010  5:19 AM)Nojo294 Wrote:

yah but some people were saying that attack types are now going to struggle. Of course its a good thing defense is my style!

Its not that Attack style bladers are going to struggle. Hypothetically, if RS becomes part of a Tier 1 Defense custom, Attack style bladers will simply have to find a Bottom with more Stamina than that of RS or RF. Meaning several options open up including the following: F, XF, WF, and even HF.

Sure, switching to a non-rubber bottom means you are sacrificing attack, but in a match up against RS, it is more than likely going to be worth it.
(Sep. 01, 2010  5:36 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote:

Its not that Attack style bladers are going to struggle. Hypothetically, if RS becomes part of a Tier 1 Defense custom, Attack style bladers will simply have to find a Bottom with more Stamina than that of RS or RF. Meaning several options open up including the following: F, XF, WF, and even HF.

Sure, switching to a non-rubber bottom means you are sacrificing attack, but in a match up against RS, it is more than likely going to be worth it.
hmm Left Spin Flat is sounding good at this point...
1/4 :V

And YES at Kai's post.

EDIT: And LF looks awful.
(Sep. 01, 2010  5:00 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: Hey guys this is normal because defense types are supposed to have an advantage over attack types remember? just go in the battle with a stamina type and you're all set Smile

Technically, the best of 2 polar opposites shouldn't be able to have an advantage over each other, and just using a stamina type would defeat the point of both even having attack types and using something with RS.

(Sep. 01, 2010  5:36 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: Its not that Attack style bladers are going to struggle. Hypothetically, if RS becomes part of a Tier 1 Defense custom, Attack style bladers will simply have to find a Bottom with more Stamina than that of RS or RF. Meaning several options open up including the following: F, XF, WF, and even HF.

/ attack types eventually just becoming destabilisers/stamina beys.
so a good balance combo is the best chocie?
(Sep. 01, 2010  2:28 PM)s200401150 Wrote: so a good balance combo is the best chocie?

No?

Imo, before RS came out, you should always have chosen an attack type. Now that RS has been released, it's really up to you.
Guys, do I need to remind you again that MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F is still pretty good against RS? Obviously the other options for Attack types may become more prevalent, but it's not as if RF/R2F will lose all competitive use.
Can this be tested against 90WF?

(Aug. 31, 2010  5:49 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Another way to counter this would be attack combos with XF, something that needs tested.

I'm such an idiot.
(Sep. 01, 2010  5:36 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote:

This. RS only really works well against RF. Use a F/WF/HF/XF and you will out-spin it pretty much every time. Contact doesn't even have to be made. Just hit the ridge, and watch as RS' stamina slowly deteriorates.