RE: [New York, NY] Rise Of The Kirin: Beydays 2012

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Rise of the Kirin

Heckscher Playground, Central Park (TheDivineBladeR and Sniperâ„¢'s tournament location)
New York City, NY

Directions:
From Midtown West:
The local train station on the West side is at the Time Warner Center, on West 57th St. or Columbus Circle under the big globe; both are within the same vicinity. Your ideal trains are the 1, A, C, B, and D trains.
If coming from New Jersey (Newark, Harrison, Jersey City, and Hoboken) via the NJ PATH, get off 33rd St. and take the B or D trains (only D trains on Weekends).
From Midtown East:
The local train station on the East side is at East 59th St and 5th Ave, near the Apple Store and the F.A.O. Shwarz. It is farther than the Midtown West stop. Ideal for players coming from Brooklyn, Queens, and Chinatown.

Time:
Registration beings at 11:30am and ends at 12:45pm. The tournament will begin at 1:00pm (13:00). It is recommended to be there on time, if not earlier, to avoid lateness and complications. After 12:45, there will be no more registrations. Once you're late, you cannot participate in the tournament. Please bear this in mind and come on time.

Format:
Depends on the amount of entries.

Prizes:
To be determined...
  • If you have a BB-10 and wish to donate it for the tournament, it will be very much appreciated. The more BB-10s, the better. Please mark which is yours to avoid thefts and misplacements.
  • Please, PLEASE, I [Kaji Motomiya] stress to keep a hold on each and every part you own. We'd like to avoid thefts of all types, from Beyblades to game systems and laptops. Keep all your personal belongings close to your person at all times; do not leave them hanging around, as they are YOUR responsibility, and we, the tournament staff, cannot be held liable for thefts.
  • There are concession stands located around the playground, but I [Kaji Motomiya] recommend that you bring your own refreshments to save a bit from the overpriced drinks and food. There are restaurants located around Central Park after your time at the tournament is over.
  • Please, no "maybes". You're either going or you're not. We will not list you if you're "possibly", "probably", or "maybe" going. We'd like a firm and direct "yes" or "no" answer.

We of The Kirin Destroyers wish you a happy BeyDeys and a wonderful summer.

List of Participants
laidbackblader
PyrusOverlord
Sniperâ„¢
Ultimatedstryr
je497
famemonster8
itachi ojeda
shadow x 9365
Ethan H

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I realize that, I was just suggesting a possible option...
(May. 29, 2012  10:51 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I realize that, I was just suggesting a possible option...

And I think he was just clarifying and answering the general question, not necessarily your post, hah.

PyrusOverlord, laidbackblader, do you have any estimate for when the results and money from this event will be sent ? As you might know, we need all the results from all the BeyDays events before doing the BeyLotto.
(May. 30, 2012  12:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 29, 2012  10:51 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I realize that, I was just suggesting a possible option...

And I think he was just clarifying and answering the general question, not necessarily your post, hah.

Ah alright, I see. Sorry for any misconceptions. Smile
I'll try to get the results done bye next Friday. Laidbackblader has the money but, I don't know when he will send it.
(Jun. 01, 2012  8:59 PM)beysniper1234 Wrote: What day will this take place??

It already happened.
Does anyone have 1 or 2 pictures from this Bey Day Tournament they're willing to share? I'm compiling a Bey Day 2012 photo album for WBO's Facebook Page, and it'd be great if you guys could participate. Thank you.
This tournament has now been processed, and all Faces and Credits have been awarded. Congratulations all!

And a special shout out to shadow x 9365 who just received his Ruby Face! Nice work! Smile