Questions about the WBO

I would like to start a Sig/Avatar shop so what thread would i put it under ?
It would be in the Your Creations forum.

Usually, reading the forum description will tell you hints of where to post a new thread, or where to find an already existing topic that you are looking for.
if you would start a Sig/Avatar shop you would put it under my creations
(Jan. 27, 2012  3:57 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The original version of MyBB did not have a referral system implemented so one was added, but then the latest big upgrade had one already in it, a separate one. That is how we have two at the moment.

Oh I see. That makes sense. Will this effect face distribution? (The one for reffering 5 members) Which of the 2 will be considered when recieving the face? The original, or the one after the update?

That is even if I could find 5 memebers, doubtful though haha. This is more of a general question for all thsoe with the same issue. I came close to recruiting some annoying kid off xbox live a few months ago (he had something obviously BMF related in his gamertag) but he never responded to my message
We can consider both, one in addition to the other.
What happens when you BUMP a thread?
Just to clarify, does this mean that there are 2 different ways to refer members, and depending on which method one choses, one of the two referal counts will increase? Or does refering a member post-update now increase both referal counts?
(Jan. 27, 2012  12:49 PM)aquriomaster Wrote: What happens when you BUMP a thread?

When someone "bumps" a thread, it means that it is being revivied. the purpose of a bump is to restart interest in the topic, and/or update OPs. For forums in general, bumps are most common/accepted in marketplace threads. Each forum has thier own rules about bumping. For the WBO, one is only allowed to bump a thread in the marketplace after 2 days have past without any posts in the thread, and a bump can only be made if your bump is followed up by something else, like an OP update to one's sales, but state what one is changing about thier thread. Double posting and further are common with bumps, but it is perfectly acceptable
The two different numbers reflect two categories:
1) Members referred that are activated
2) Members referred that are activated + those that are awaiting activation

The first number is smaller than the second, so if you refer people make sure that they activate their accounts! Smile
(Jan. 27, 2012  12:54 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Just to clarify, does this mean that there are 2 different ways to refer members, and depending on which method one choses, one of the two referal counts will increase? Or does refering a member post-update now increase both referal counts?

Yes, you can use the link, but usually if the new Member simply writes your username as the referrer when they register, that will increase the number for the referral system we had originally. I doubt that anything can make both systems increase at the same time.
So assuming one day I have 2 refferals with the link, and 3 from the user entering my name, could I still get the face? I assume the answer is yes, but I woud have to contact a moderator to let them know?
(Jan. 27, 2012  1:40 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: The two different numbers reflect two categories:
1) Members referred that are activated
2) Members referred that are activated + those that are awaiting activation

The first number is smaller than the second, so if you refer people make sure that they activate their accounts! Smile

My brother's account is activated, so i dont think that is true, unless he made his account before the upgrade. Does anyone rememeber the exact date of the upgrade?
do we have a facebook page cause this is what i saw http://www.facebook.com/WBO123

just want to know if it is legit
January 22. Just checked my account and both numbers are now the same, when before they were different as I described. I'm out of info then, sorry it wasn't of help.
(Jan. 28, 2012  2:58 AM)aquriomaster Wrote: do we have a facebook page cause this is what i saw http://www.facebook.com/WBO123

just want to know if it is legit

That's most definitely not this website.
(Jan. 28, 2012  3:02 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: January 22. Just checked my account and both numbers are now the same, when before they were different as I described. I'm out of info then, sorry it wasn't of help.

You do mean of last year correct? Because this has been around for much longer than 5 or 6 days

It is fine. Strange that your numbers are now both the same, as mine are both different still. Hmm...
Ah, now I understand the whole referrral system : I was wondering how the hell we could see people's referrals following the new upgrade's system when the only way I seem to be able to see mine is in my User Control Panel.

It is quite simple : the upgrade's referral number counts all the referrals you have had since the upgrade, while the number in everyone's profile counts all the referrals since the beginning.

I could only verify this with my account obviously, so you would have to see if it makes sense for your cases too­. The upgrade was done on August 14th 2011.
I said the same thing long way back(a few days back XD). So yeah it is the same with my account too.
My brother joined the WBO on August 29 2011, which would mean after the upgrade. And yet my referal numbers are still different, even though they shouldn't be the same post-upgrade. This is strange...
My mistake. My brother joined sometime in November of 2010. So then, my profile saying I have 1 refferal, and my personal user CP saying I have none, is technicaly correct?
Yes, that is correct, and to answer your initial question, that means that we will continue only looking at the referrals in someone's profile.
So continue to use the original method, the one before the upgrade then? Thanks for all your help
You can use whichever method.
But the different methods effect the different refferal numbers correct? It would seem rather pointless to use the new method if it doesnt effect the other refferal count as well, as you are only checking the original refferal count now (the one seen by all users)
Read one of my latest posts again ...
Oh yes now I see. Both methods now increase both counts, however because the original method will always be higher in the case where one had refferals before the upgrade, that will be the one used for the faces. Thank you Kai-V, and everyone else, for all your help in this endeavor
Is this another error on the site?:

[Image: CW9JU.png]

They were both taken on exactly the same page,at the same time, yet I have two different post counts Chocked_2

Any idea's?
possibly, the one on top counts everything, including the ones that got erased. the lower one only counts the ones that weren't deleted? Im not sure, though