Questions about the WBO

(Aug. 09, 2010  2:02 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Hm, I'm in the process of making accounts for people who registered at Bey Fray. Do I have to worry about a warning since they will all have the same ip as me?
I think we trust you by now, hah.
(Aug. 09, 2010  3:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2010  2:02 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Hm, I'm in the process of making accounts for people who registered at Bey Fray. Do I have to worry about a warning since they will all have the same ip as me?
I think we trust you by now, hah.

I HOPE we trust him by now.
IMO WBO should switch from Round Robin to Swiss format
(Aug. 09, 2010  3:50 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: IMO WBO should switch from Round Robin to Swiss format

...Swiss format?
(Aug. 09, 2010  3:56 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: ...Swiss format?
If I'm not mistaken, Brad was referring to this. :\
reading that actully sounds like a good idea esspically for tournements with larger numbers and player ratings would go off beypoints i asume?
what is this face collection thing i see on WBO?
(Aug. 11, 2010  1:46 AM)Poisonserpent Wrote: what is this face collection thing i see on WBO?

http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=19
http://worldbeyblade.org/myawards.php
thank u
Was it only me or did the site start to load extremely slow and at most times it gave an error page between 5:30ish to 7 no too keen on time I think it was around 6 tbh.
(Aug. 12, 2010  2:42 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Was it only me or did the site start to load extremely slow and at most times it gave an error page between 5:30ish to 7 no too keen on time I think it was around 6 tbh.

it happened to me as well.
We are aware of this, and will try to fix the issue as much as possible, however this was related to the host's server itself.
Alright I wonder what happen because there weren't many members or guest online, thanks Kai-V Smile
how do you put spoilers in post or signatures like(click to view)
(Aug. 12, 2010  3:04 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Alright I wonder what happen because there weren't many members or guest online, thanks Kai-V Smile
Apparently it was caused by an excess of connections to the server, not this site, so we are not responsible, in a way.

Bahamut Fury Wrote:how do you put spoilers in post or signatures like(click to view)
Code:
[spoiler]This is a hidden spoiler. [/spoiler]
Bahamut Fury Wrote:how do you put spoilers in post or signatures like(click to view)
Code:
[spoiler]This is a hidden spoiler. [/spoiler]
[/quote]

thanks kai-v do i just put it above whut i want to be hidden or does it matter where its at
(Aug. 12, 2010  3:09 AM)Bahamut Fury Wrote: thanks kai-v do i just put it above whut i want to be hidden or does it matter where its at
... I put a clear indicator of where the opening and ending brackets have to be ... This is just like with an image.
(Aug. 12, 2010  3:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2010  3:04 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Alright I wonder what happen because there weren't many members or guest online, thanks Kai-V Smile
Apparently it was caused by an excess of connections to the server, not this site, so we are not responsible, in a way.

Odd I thought it was that too after I saw how many people online however when I clicked the BB site the site loaded like every other site on my computer unless they run on another sever on their site which is really ironic. XD
(Aug. 12, 2010  3:14 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Odd I thought it was that too after I saw how many people online however when I clicked the BB site the site loaded like every other site on my computer unless they run on another sever on their site which is really ironic. XD
I am not certain that I understand your comment completely, but yes, we run on a specific server, and almost all of the other sites use totally different servers ...
Apparently there were performance issues because some IPs were intentionally accessing the server excessively to form a sort of 'attack'. I suppose this is something that a host has to manage sometimes, hah. So it might happen again, depending on those people who want to 'crash' sites ...
why is thier a star next to my name on the homepage where it says whos online
It means that you've checked "Hide me from the Who's Online list." under Edit Options in your User CP. Members can't see you on the Online List, any more.
ok thanks
Hmm, this recent "chicken boi" incident has got me wondering if it is possible to ban specific IP's?
(Aug. 13, 2010  2:43 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Hmm, this recent "chicken boi" incident has got me wondering if it is possible to ban specific IP's?
Absolutely. I just did. And this is not the first time.