Push for biger stadiums.

I am pushing past all this "teams don't mean anything." Teams mean everything, the fun you'd have would be a blast. And the teams would gain meaning. Me and a group of my friends, are making a beyshop, and with that, we will be making our very own Bey Stadium. Not at all like the, small plastic one, we will be making a full scale ((maybe)) Bey stadium. Doesn't anyone relies that the stadiums that are bought in stores, are as big as the beyshop, that kenta and his sister works at. So if I can get the place, and get the funding, This push would be WAY more than just a push. So come on! what's stopping us form building the full scale beystadiums?
If the stadiums were that big Stamina-types would dominate because it would be impossible to hit them. That's probably the main reason. It's cool in theory, but wouldn't work without the ability to control the Beyblades (like in the anime) or launch fireballs and lightning bolts (like in the anime).
don't you remember the steep green stadium in the beginning? that was a slick stadium, that drug the beys to the middle. Or I could modify some, so they would be like the ones in the anime.

I'm just doing this, so we could start using teams. the bigger stadiums, means, more movement and less likely chance you'd hit your team mate
If the stadium is that steep then there's no point in it being so big, since most of its surface area won't be used.

Also, we actually do have a team format, but of course only 2 players play at a time. Which is how it works in most of the anime?
well, I guess, you're right, but, I can work out the details later. I have to think more into this. could you keep this post open, so I can get more feedback?
If teams were to battle another team all at once in one stadium, what would stop your Beyblade from attacking your teammates? The team battles you're thinking of seem to be heavily based on the anime, which, of course, is fiction...

And as Brad stated, larger stadiums wouldn't be good because Stamina types would dominate. Also, it would totally eliminate the possibility of a stadium out, because a stadium the size you're thinking of would be much too big for any Beyblade to knock another one out of. Sorry, but no legal Beyblade launcher is powerful enough to launch a Bey so hard it could knock another one back that distance.

I'm sorry, but this just seems like wishful thinking... Trust me, ALL of us have wanted to battle in a stadium that big, but in reality, it's just not practical.
I have a cheap knockoff plastics stadium roughly double standard size and collisions there in are more common than you might think. Combine that with the flat "centre of death" and stamina types seem to do only a little better than they would in an ordinary stadium. It is, however, far less dramatic as any distance between beys is increased massively, making hits feel far less imminent and lowering the tension greatly.
Really it's quite a shame.
(Oct. 20, 2015  1:39 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: I have a cheap knockoff plastics stadium roughly double standard size and collisions there in are more common than you might think. Combine that with the flat "centre of death" and stamina types seem to do only a little better than they would in an ordinary stadium. It is, however, far less dramatic as any distance between beys is increased massively, making hits feel far less imminent and lowering the tension greatly.
Really it's quite a shame.

Huh, I didn't consider a flat center. I'm actually curious about this stadium, do you have any pictures?

And yes, the lack of contact in large stadiums do make the matches boring. The reaction to Beyblades hitting shouldn't be, "Ah, FINALLY," followed by more waiting.
The Boss and I bought the largest BeyStadium ever released, and there is not even any Tornado Ridge on it but even at that width Beyblades race to make contact with each other, so it would be a lot worse if the stadium was even bigger, definitely.
By total coincidence, I found this video of a giant Beystadium a dad made for his sons. If you skip to the end to the one on one battle, you'll see how little contact the two Beyblades make (which in this case is crazy because both are Stamina types, hypothetically they should be constantly be making contact).

I've personally wanted this one since I started. However, as I grew older, I know it was not feasible. But if you really want it, go try Smile
Is this what you're talking about, Draco?
Right, what's the point of a stadium that big when the battle is generally active in less than half of it?
I hate to keep giving examples (I must seem like a jerk) but look at this. I've been looking for this forever - the finals of the BBA World Championship back in the plastic generation, fought in a giant stadium. I'll fully admit, as a kid, it was a dream of mine to play in this exact stadium (I mainly liked the entry ramps). But look at it - they don't even make contact in the footage they show. It looks like they cut out some, but I don't think much contact was made regardless. Such a disappointment that the official Beyblade world finals was comprised of a seemingly boring, almost contact-less battle.

Haha, I've battled in that thing in multiple official tournaments. It is really as horrible as it looks in that footage. I would always just use a compact Beyblade with a high spin time. That's all it took.
(Oct. 20, 2015  5:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Haha, I've battled in that thing in multiple official tournaments. It is really as horrible as it looks in that footage.

Past me envies you. I was always trying to convince my dad to build a replica of it. Looks like it would've been a lot of work for little reward haha.
Those were the good old days, indeed.

[Image: CNE010.jpg]
[Image: CNE012.jpg]
Whoa, those entry ramps are legit. If only the main stadium was more like a slightly bigger BB-10 then it would be a good idea, I think.

Really, Brad? That must be an awesome experience, nevertheless.
Look at that angsty teen Brad, haha. Definitely looks like you took the game a lot more seriously than most of the people at those tournaments.
I have a Vortex beystadium, its huge, and its probably my worst stadium. Even with the huge plastic gen beys they hardly ever make contact. You could make the dish deeper, but then you would essentially just be battling in a small dish within a large dish. The stadiums are designed proportionately to the bey, that why the HMS stadiums are so small.
[Image: Vortex.jpg]

(Oct. 20, 2015  5:34 AM)Half Nail Wrote: Look at that angsty teen Brad, haha. Definitely looks like you took the game a lot more seriously than most of the people at those tournaments.

we've always been serious about beyblades in toronto Tongue_out

[Image: 5901617_.jpg]
What is that thing? A ramp leading to a stadium?
Yeah. You can watch what Half Nail posted (BBA Championship) to see it in action.
i just thought about something, what if it has a bump in the center. i mean like a huge bump so that stamina types wont be in the direct center but rather a bit outside of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3AsPsWMOKk ( look at the second stadium that they use) and also so that it has a tornado ridge, then all battle royals will keep being interesting and the beys will make contact really frequently
That design feature is terrible for stamina dittos as it keeps the beys circling at roughly equal speeds, greatly reducing their collisions. In burst atleast, it would completely wreck the meta.
lol if you put an Attack type with high recoil (DGV2) in that stadium it would be over before the battle begins
Probably would recoil on the ramp walls and lose all spin.