Purchase Consultation (MFB + Burst)

(Nov. 10, 2011  7:55 AM)Hazel Wrote: You're buying Beyblades just so you can be a pretentious braggard? Awesome! get out

As for your question, BBP and LDD are both fairly poor choices. Yes, SSJ will show up here eventually and go NO U HAZEL LDD IS TE BEST - but, it's actually pretty niche.

Phantom Orion B: D and Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF are both extremely solid purchases. Phantom is great for Stamina, Defense, and Tier 2-level Attack, and Death is a Basalt-equivalent Defense wheel. B: D is also a nice little niche Stamina track, if you don't mind not being able to change heights. Beat Lynx has TH170, which is my favorite part, so of course it gains honorable mention here for astounding capability in Defense and Stamina.

That reminds me...what is SSJ?

And...is Killer Beafowl worth getting? I'm getting Flame Byxis, Vulcan Horuseus, Storm Pegasis, and Hell Kerbecs. That's for the Hybrid Wheel System. Any other Hybrid Wheel System Beys? Also, is the Battle Deck System BB-96 worth getting?

SSJ is a user, now named Shabalabadoo.

Killer Beafowl is not worth getting, as its parts cannot compete to what the current Metagame is offering.

The Deck Set? Yes, Libra is not so bad...
SSJ (SSJfisherman) is the old name of the member now called Shabalabadoo.

Killer Beafowl sucks.

Of those beys, Vulcan Horuseus is very, very outclassed, and flame byxis is probably best replaced by Beat Lynx (now released by sonokong), as TH170 is more useful than 230 in general.

I'd get Basalt ahead of Death Quetz if you don't have it, too, though hasbro have released it as Twisted Tempo.

BB-96, there are better purchases for the money (separate beys and sets). Libra is a decent wheel but it's basically outclassed completely by other wheels, and the low tracks it comes with aren't currently hugely useful competitively, as TH170, 230, BD145 and B: D, the main tracks they'll come up against if they're used for stamina or attack, beat them, and for defense use, the aforementioned tracks work better in basically all cases. Pegasis is a fun wheel due to it's high recoil and good power but serves no competitive use, and burn is very much outclassed. It comes with an RF, but there's easier ways to get that.

As for what Hazel said about LDD, it's not a bad wheel by any means, but honestly Variares makes it totally redundant. Speaking of which, didn't read the full convo but definitely get Variares. And, if you don't have it, a CH120 bey (Dark Gasher/Cancer). And one set each of Metal Faces and MF-H's if you don't have them.
(Nov. 10, 2011  3:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: SSJ (SSJfisherman) is the old name of the member now called Shabalabadoo.

Killer Beafowl sucks.

Of those beys, Vulcan Horuseus is very, very outclassed, and flame byxis is probably best replaced by Beat Lynx (now released by sonokong), as TH170 is more useful than 230 in general.

I'd get Basalt ahead of Death Quetz if you don't have it, too, though hasbro have released it as Twisted Tempo.

BB-96, there are better purchases for the money (separate beys and sets). Libra is a decent wheel but it's basically outclassed completely by other wheels, and the low tracks it comes with aren't currently hugely useful competitively, as TH170, 230, BD145 and B: D, the main tracks they'll come up against if they're used for stamina or attack, beat them, and for defense use, the aforementioned tracks work better in basically all cases. Pegasis is a fun wheel due to it's high recoil and good power but serves no competitive use, and burn is very much outclassed. It comes with an RF, but there's easier ways to get that.

As for what Hazel said about LDD, it's not a bad wheel by any means, but honestly Variares makes it totally redundant. Speaking of which, didn't read the full convo but definitely get Variares. And, if you don't have it, a CH120 bey (Dark Gasher/Cancer). And one set each of Metal Faces and MF-H's if you don't have them.

Vulcan Horuseus is...outclassed? Seriously? I thought that was the best Hybrid Wheel System attack wheel...at least in a certain aspect, besides VariAres. And Flame Byxis....I'm getting that to experiment with 230, and for the Byxis wheel so I can place it on the Vulcan, to expose contact points.

I am getting Beat Lynx also, from the Sonokong version so it's cheaper, and so there's a bit more of a guarantee to get Beat Lynx.

What do you mean by Burn? There was nothing to even think that Burn was part of this question. Don't know where you got the Burn from....perhaps you mean Storm? If so, I do know. Storm is very much outclassed by the huge variety of attack metal wheels, especially Vulcan and VariAres.

I have a CH120, but it's from Hasbro. Everyone tells me it's alright, but from what I read in the Beywiki, it says the Hasbro version of the CH120 slides down easily from the 145 heights to the 120 height. Mine doesn't, although there is a bit of unevenness to suggest that there is a broken mechanism inside the track.

I mainly want to get another RF and the Blue Beylauncher in that set. I lost my other Pegasis, and I'm not really in it for the Bey. More for the Beylauncher. And I really don't use Pegasis, because my attack Bey is either: MF Vulcan Byxis 85CS, or VariAres __CS.

Wasn't really planning on getting BB-96 unless you said it was alright, but seeing as there are many better parts nowadays, it would be best to leave that out.

I am getting the Strongest Blader's Set, which I know has Blitz Unicorno, Basalt Horogium, yellow recolor, and Nightmare Rex, red recolor. I believe Basalt in the Strongest Blader's Set is slightly heavier than the first Basalt. I believe there is also a weight difference in the "Twisted" Metal Wheel, which I'm not sure whether it is good or bad, so I'm sticking to the original. I know it also has the MF-H, and I already have 1 Metal Face (the other one brokeAngry) but I'm getting 4 more through the Reshuffle Sets.

Still kind of reluctant on Death Quetz, to be honest. Also reluctant on the BB-97, since I really don't intend to be using Gravity Perseus, in any mode, whether attack, defense, or stamina. Just tell me if I should get the Reshuffle Set. I'm mainly in it for the Beylauncher LR, and the Bey is just for collection. Although I can get some use out of AD145.

What do you think of that? Does it change your mind about certain things?
if you are getting strongest blader set for real..no need for Gravity reshuffle set..RS will be included as well in Strongest Blader set..
The LR launcher from Gravity reshuffle set made up of transparent plastic..so it handle is prone to break easily..
get normal starter for Gravity Perseus is ok i think..
Vulcan is even outclassed once Lightning L Drago is released..
I do know the parts included in the Strongest Blader Set. Thank you. I will just get the normal Gravity Perseus. I liked the colors on it anyway.

I still don't believe Vulcan is outclassed. One guy said it was one of the best attack wheels, besides VariAres, and it is also stated in the Beywiki.
Vulcan Horuseus was pretty good this time last year, iirc. Not sure when RS was released because that basically killed most right spin attack wheels, and BD145 and Basalt completely destroyed it.

TH170 is, as I said, like 230 but better at most things, largely at the 220 height. That said it's your money Tongue_out Though, TH170 comes with Beat, which is a very good attack wheel (if a bit unreliable).

Burn is the third bey in BB-96. Burn Cancer, Pegasis, and Libra.

Beywiki is outdated, and only taken from forum opinions at the time it was written. Believe what (knowledgeable) people say now, not what misled people thought last year. You said yourself your Hasbro CH120 didn't have problems so it's pretty dumb to think it does because the internet said so. That said if it's uneven it's probably broken, eventually it won't hold together on a bey. The same problem affects TT CH120's just as badly, overtightening a facebolt even once is enough to crack the thin walls that hold the facebolt's shaft, and that uneveness is a sign that that's happened. You have to be stupid careful with them.

The pegasis I was talking about is the pre-hws one in BB-96, which doesn't come with a beylauncher. It sucks as I said but it's a lot of fun.

There is absolutely no evidence to support any assertion that any particular release of basalt is heavier. If it were, weights would have been posted and it would be the hottest thing on this forum. Anyone that says otherwise is probably trying to sell a basalt, or has been similarly mislead. There is no weight difference and you shouldn't say otherwise without having done comparative weights on a calibrated electronic scientific scale.

Don't plan to use gravity? Don't bother with the reshuffle, most of it's outclassed now anyway, iirc AD145 is probably the only part that is sometimes still top-tier worthy (and even then, not very) (other than WD I guess don't remember the whole set). There's that mars red lr but IIRC you dislike it.

Wouldn't get Death Quetz till we have more testing.

Have you noticed the fact that article's section on Vulcan's performance hasn't been updated, and the owner of this site pointed out that it is outdated and the part is outclassed? Believe me, I wouldn't tell you it's useless if it wasn't, I have three of four vulcan wheels. It takes so long to update articles for beywiki that even the top tier list is updated faster (you will note vulcan isn't there any more), and it doesn't react quickly to change.
(Nov. 10, 2011  6:56 PM)th!nk Wrote: Vulcan Horuseus was pretty good this time last year, iirc. Not sure when RS was released because that basically killed most right spin attack wheels, and BD145 and Basalt completely destroyed it.

TH170 is, as I said, like 230 but better at most things, largely at the 220 height. That said it's your money Tongue_out Though, TH170 comes with Beat, which is a very good attack wheel (if a bit unreliable).

Burn is the third bey in BB-96. Burn Cancer, Pegasis, and Libra.

Beywiki is outdated, and only taken from forum opinions at the time it was written. Believe what (knowledgeable) people say now, not what misled people thought last year. You said yourself your Hasbro CH120 didn't have problems so it's pretty dumb to think it does because the internet said so. That said if it's uneven it's probably broken, eventually it won't hold together on a bey. The same problem affects TT CH120's just as badly, overtightening a facebolt even once is enough to crack the thin walls that hold the facebolt's shaft, and that uneveness is a sign that that's happened. You have to be stupid careful with them.

The pegasis I was talking about is the pre-hws one in BB-96, which doesn't come with a beylauncher. It sucks as I said but it's a lot of fun.

There is absolutely no evidence to support any assertion that any particular release of basalt is heavier. If it were, weights would have been posted and it would be the hottest thing on this forum. Anyone that says otherwise is probably trying to sell a basalt, or has been similarly mislead. There is no weight difference and you shouldn't say otherwise without having done comparative weights on a calibrated electronic scientific scale.

Don't plan to use gravity? Don't bother with the reshuffle, most of it's outclassed now anyway, iirc AD145 is probably the only part that is sometimes still top-tier worthy (and even then, not very) (other than WD I guess don't remember the whole set). There's that mars red lr but IIRC you dislike it.

Wouldn't get Death Quetz till we have more testing.

Have you noticed the fact that article's section on Vulcan's performance hasn't been updated, and the owner of this site pointed out that it is outdated and the part is outclassed? Believe me, I wouldn't tell you it's useless if it wasn't, I have three of four vulcan wheels. It takes so long to update articles for beywiki that even the top tier list is updated faster (you will note vulcan isn't there any more), and it doesn't react quickly to change.

Thanks. This helps clear a lot of things up.

Also, should I get the BB-90 LED sight for my 3 Segment Launcher Grip? I'm just thinking it would look cool, and I've heard the PD bottom is good for stamina also, if I am not mistaken...
the most valuable part of the Gravity reshuffle set would be GB145, AD145, RS, MF-H, LR launcher and the clear wheels..(also included is three segment grip, SF if i not mistaken,tool) Stamina Perseus seems to have a slightly difference than the normal CW..
the best reshuffle set for would be Meteo reshuffle set since its content much better than Gravity's reshuffle set..

LED sight is just for "cool looking" part..it useless unless you want to use it to distract you opponent as Kei does..haha
PD seems to be a good stamina tip..but not much own it since the LED sight is pretty expensive..
GB145 isn't really that great anymore. AD145 is okay, RS is good but generally a bit niche, MF-H is available elsewhere, as is LR, and Gravity Perseus attack can be obtained by buying a pre-opened RBV6 off ebay that has Gravity Perseus (ATK) BD145 XF, which includes BD145 and XF, two great parts. Gravity Perseus stamina is meh, and the normal one comes with the regular release anyways.

LED Sight is pointless and may mess up your launch by messing with the balance. PD may well be good but it hasn't been tested enough, and it isn't a free spinning part either which is a slight disadvantage.
(Nov. 10, 2011  7:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: GB145 isn't really that great anymore. AD145 is okay, RS is good but generally a bit niche, MF-H is available elsewhere, as is LR, and Gravity Perseus attack can be obtained by buying a pre-opened RBV6 off ebay that has Gravity Perseus (ATK) BD145 XF, which includes BD145 and XF, two great parts. Gravity Perseus stamina is meh, and the normal one comes with the regular release anyways.

LED Sight is pointless and may mess up your launch by messing with the balance. PD may well be good but it hasn't been tested enough, and it isn't a free spinning part either which is a slight disadvantage.

To clarify is RBV7 not 6 where G.Perseus "attack" version is available. to help and not confuse him just in case.

I use to confuse RBV7 and RBV8 and it cost me a disguise in a wrong purchase due to confuse the nº of the Vol....dumb me!!! hahaha!!!

For me RBV7 is one of the best Vol to get very usefull parts, even vulcan and tornado....mmmm....is a way to have it at least and the others such as Hell and Gravitys, BD and some tips makes a very good purchase, i have 1 and a half Vol and is the best "general" purpose purchase i did in the last months.

Salute!!!

Woah, good catch, thanks. I'm having a really bad day with confusing names and stuff, I don't know what's up...
So I'm thinking of getting a Dark Bull H145(something bottom), mainly for H145 for (Smash) Attack Combos. I found two listings, one on Amazon (Hasbro), and one on eBay (TT), both I can get for $6.99 with free shipping. First, since I just want H145, would it be wise to get one of those at that price, and secondly, should I go Hasbro or TT?
which one? strongest blader set 30.00 or variares, scythe kronos and some hasbro one(i already have basalt)
Replace Scythe Kronos with Phantom Orion, but even with scythe kronos the second choice is far better, considering you already have basalt, Variares is slightly better than Blitz, and nightmare is lame.
Wait, what? I'm pretty sure Blitz is considered slightly better than VariAres, just more difficult to get.
(Nov. 10, 2011  9:54 PM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: So I'm thinking of getting a Dark Bull H145(something bottom), mainly for H145 for (Smash) Attack Combos. I found two listings, one on Amazon (Hasbro), and one on eBay (TT), both I can get for $6.99 with free shipping. First, since I just want H145, would it be wise to get one of those at that price, and secondly, should I go Hasbro or TT?

Go Hasbro, and that's a good price. Hasbro reinforced H145, so it breaks less, weighs more and has more smash attack.
Blitz is not better than VariAres, in any capacity. It's just better than everything else up to VariAres.
Should I get Gravity Perseus or The Perseus Reshuffle Set?
My main use for Gravity Perseus is the Beylauncher L/R and AD145. However, the Perseus set comes with those things, and a launcher grip which I was going to order anyway, MF Custom Ver, which I need an extra of, and an RS, and 4 gravity wheels.

The Gravity Perseus alone is about 13 dollars, and the set is around 40. But, it comes with a launcher grip that is about 14 dollars, and mf custom ver which is about 8. So basically it is 35 dollars to 40 dollars.
There was some discussion in the Blitz thread IIRC that said it was better. That's what I was basing my post off of. But w/e, I don't own either anyways, so I can't say for sure.
GP Reshuffle Set, in my opinion - though it only comes with two Gravity wheels and 3 Perseus CWs. However, those CWs are much better than the one with the starter(aside from the one identical to the starter), and G.P. is not as useful without the Attack and Stamina CWs.

(Nov. 10, 2011  11:16 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: There was some discussion in the Blitz thread IIRC that said it was better. That's what I was basing my post off of. But w/e, I don't own either anyways, so I can't say for sure.

It was one series of tests that no one else could replicate. Vari is harder to use than Blitz, but once you get it right, it clearly dominates - especially since it is a dual-spin wheel.
(Nov. 10, 2011  11:14 PM)Hazel Wrote: Blitz is not better than VariAres, in any capacity. It's just better than everything else up to VariAres.

I´m right too, and with Th!nk ´bout the purchase altought i still think thast S. Kronos is a terrifing bey and the EDS tip is a must-have.

On the other side i still believe that UW145 and EWD parts (N. Rex and K. Beafowl) are, at least for me, very useful parts.

But the trio Kronos, VariAres, Orion are really good, even i don´t enjoy too much stamina or zombie beys i surprised everyday a lot with the ability of Kronos to get the center of the stadium so quick when its hit by other bey, the incredible and fun Bearing Drive of Phantom and its MW too, and the agressive of VariAres combos;

the problem i feel in my modest experience is that VariAres in any of its combos is a dificult bey to manage in terms of shoot and technique; it could fails a lot if is launched weak or at maximum power without control or sense. Is a beast of attack but for me is dificult to manage it safe and be secure of a win, but when takes the right way is a pleasure to see how defeats rivals in one or two contacts.

Unless Gravity Destroyer Attack or Meteo L´Drago Assault version from Hasbro, i don´t see any interesting thing for now in their cataloge considering mentioned beys (4d) before; (assuming you have a 230 spin track and, as you said, Bassalt) i´ll go before for a Beat Lynx from SonoKong wich is cheap and is an all-purpose bey that is the other that surprised me a lot along with the 3 mentioned.

Hasbro season now is for those who needs parts or beys that could´t be purchased before like G.Perseus or Hell Kerbecs (G. Destroyer-Hades Kerbecs Hasbro names or others for spare parts like R145 for example).

Salute!!

(Nov. 10, 2011  9:54 PM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: So I'm thinking of getting a Dark Bull H145(something bottom), mainly for H145 for (Smash) Attack Combos. I found two listings, one on Amazon (Hasbro), and one on eBay (TT), both I can get for $6.99 with free shipping. First, since I just want H145, would it be wise to get one of those at that price, and secondly, should I go Hasbro or TT?

Anyone know how much I could sell off a Bull Clear Wheel and SD Bottom for? Or unless this is the wrong thread for this kind of question...
Well you could probable get away with selling them for $3-4 at a tournament although online it would probably be $2 + shipping each.
(Nov. 11, 2011  6:21 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote:

Anyone know how much I could sell off a Bull Clear Wheel and SD Bottom for? Or unless this is the wrong thread for this kind of question...

Bull CWs should be worth 3-5 dollars. SD tips... 3 dollars absolute maximum. Extremely low-demand part.
How much should the BB-121 DX Set go for?