Proto Nemesis Discussion

Equipment:
BB-10
Beylauncher equipped with Launcher Rubber

MF-H Proto Nemesis BD145RS vs. MF Flash (Attack Mode) Orion W145R²F
Nemesis launched always first.

MF-H Proto Nemesis BD145RS: 0 (0 KO, 0 OS)
MF Flash Orion W145R²F: 5 (3 KO, 2 OS)

Nemesis win %: 0%.
Flash win %: 100%.

Nemesis wasn't going to win. Sure, maybe it would get lucky, but further ruining the paint on the SFX Version of mine in this test would serve no purpose. Defensively, I see no potential in it. Both Proto and Nemesis are way too light, paired with terrible weight distribution. If Flash even got mediocre contact with the Metal Wheel, it was history. On CS it might have some potential to OS the R²F version of Flash W145, but no way in hell could this beat the MF version.

Proto Nemesis W145WD solo spin times:
1:38
1:44
1:34

Poor weight distribution is mainly to blame for this. No use in the Stamina category, from what I can tell.

MF-H Proto Nemesis S130R²F vs. MF Duo (Stamina Mode) Aquario BD145CS
Duo always launched first.
MF-H Proto Nemesis S130R²F: 0 (0 KO, 0 OS)
MF Duo Aquario BD145CS: 5 (0 KO, 5 OS)

Proto was doing nothing.
At.
All.
It could hit Duo when Duo was stationary, but it would just bounce off, even if it was at max RPM or speed. I would've tried a 145 height track, but Nemesis X would have just blocked the contact points on Proto like it always does.

Proto win %: 0 %.
Duo win %: 100%.

Yes, I do realize that the standard is 20 rounds, however, when whatever you're testing is doing so poorly, or not doing anything at all, there's really no point in doing 20 if it will stay at the same win rate, which is 0%.

Photos of Proto:
Photos of Nemesis X:
Photos of Proto & Nemesis X together:
If anyone wants anything tested specifically, post it here. Maybe we can find some use for this, however I highly doubt it. I hope it has at least one niche use somewhere, as Proto Nemesis is a really nice looking wheel overall. I apologize for no weights, I do not have a scale.
When I saw the pic of Nemesis' plastic core, I saw the little CW base there. So you can actually put other CWs on Nemesis X?
Yes, but it's illegal, as Nemesis X is only supposed to be used with Proto. Nemesis X is incredibly light. I doubt it's much more than a Clear Wheel.
Dang, I was thinking you could put L-Drago II, Guardian, or even Destroy on there. Oh well. Can the same thing be done with the Metal Part and L-Drago II or something like that? I'm just wondering.
I was expecting bad results...Can you test against outclassed Defence,Attack,and Stamina customs? I'm sure it will still do very terrible.
I could do some tests, but I don't have top tier attack combos. Illtey it with anti-attack, but I'm not expecting good results at all judging from yours XD
Did you know if you turn the metal wheel 180º you can change proto nemesis from attack and defense but this still wouldn't matter I personally own a proto nemesis and it is just terrible in my opinion
BB-10
3 Seg Grip
Beylauncher equipped with a Launcher Rubber

MF Proto Nemesis CH120R²F vs. MF Earth Bull GB145CS
Earth Bull always launched first.

MF Proto Nemesis CH120R²F: 2 (5 KO, 0 OS)
MF Earth Bull GB145CS: 3 (1 KO, 14 OS)

Proto win %: 25%.
Earth win %: 75%.

Barely doing anything here as well. Most of the KO's for Proto were just whenever Earth moved up to the tornado ridge, Proto was stalling, and Proto made contact. I saw in a few battles where Proto would just flat out stop Earth from doing anything. It would be later in the battle where most of Proto's RPM was depleted, and Earth would make contact with Proto, but would just bounce off. There's some contact point on it that does that, but I don't have a clue where it is.

The one KO for Earth was when Proto self KO'd.

MF-H Proto Nemesis BD145CS vs. MF Hell Kerbecs R145R²F
Proto Nemesis always launched first.

MF-H Proto Nemesis BD145CS: 8 (7 KO, 1 OS)
MF Hell Kerbecs R145R²F: 12 (5 KO, 7 OS)
2 ties, redone.

Proto win %: 40%.
Hell win %: 60%.

BD145 working its magic here. If it weren't for BD145, Proto would be flying out of the stadium faster than you can say "go shoot!" 5 of Proto's KO's were Hell suffering from its recoil, while the other two were self KO's. So, that leaves Proto with 1 win that it did all on its own, which was just a fluke. It got lucky. Hell consistently OS'd Proto, since Proto got destabilized easily, often times at the end of the battle, resulting in an OS.

Proto Nemesis AD145D vs. Earth Cancer AD145D
Earth Cancer always launched first.

Proto Nemesis AD145D: 0 (0 KO, 0 OS)
Earth Cancer AD145D: 5 (0 KO, 0 OS)

Proto win %: 0 %.
Earth win %: 100%.

There was no way in hell Proto was going to win.

As for what SagemodeDC mentioned, Proto Nemesis technically does have two modes on it. However, the intructions don't specify which is which, most likely because there's hardly any difference in them.

And to UGottaCetus, sadly, no. Proto cannot fit on anything else, to my knowledge. I tried Gravity, LLD, MLD, LDD, and plenty of standard Metal Wheels. Nothing worked. I even tried the cores of Big Bang, Duo, and Flash, but it won't fit on anything. Almost anything will fit on Nemesis X.

Proto technically should be called the Metal Wheel, and Nemesis X the Clear Wheel or PC Core, or something like that. The instructions say that Proto is the Fusion Wheel (the Metal Wheel) and Nemesis X is the Energy Ring (the Clear Wheel) but Nemesis X is closer to a PC Core than anything.

If anyone else would like something tested, just let me know.
Here is a test.

MF-H Proto Nemesis R145 RF VS MF-F Phantom Orion B: D
Proto:2 (0 OS, 2 KO)
Phantom:18 (18 OS)
Detail Results
Proto Nemesis win percentage 10%

I'll post more later I don't have the time right now.
Looks like Blitz, ahah. From the top, it looks fine. When you turn it over, you find out that it is hollow...

Could a Balance combo work with this? Maybe a common setup would work, something like MF-H Proto Nemesis BD145MB.
I really doubt it, but I'll try it. What do you want it tested against?
(Dec. 28, 2012  11:18 PM)BladerPegasis Wrote: Looks like Blitz, ahah. From the top, it looks fine. When you turn it over, you find out that it is hollow...

Could a Balance combo work with this? Maybe a common setup would work, something like MF-H Proto Nemesis BD145MB.
That seems like it would have about the same results as CS, but maybe not. I can take requests.

Actually, does anyone have an RDF? A wild guess, but maybe it could be a counter to spin stealers. MF-H Proto Nemesis BD145RDF.
I don't have one, so I can't do it.
The core is plastic right? So, this wheel could have a low center of gravity. Can you do some battles with Proto on a low track like 90 or 85 and a tip that Tornado Stalls, similar to Ingulit's Phantom 85MF? I'm thinking it could be able to outspin the opponent in this way. If you can't do the above ones, can you try Proto 90 with WD or BWD?
I'll try Proto Nemesis 90MF. What should I try it against. The most top-tier stamina combo I 'd have is Basalt Cancer AD145D.
Also I could try Proto 90/100 WD/BWD if you want UGottaCetus since Tri is doing MF. Basalt is okay Tri. Also maybe something like Basalt _____ BD145 CS. I'm not sure I can test the BWD thing right now though.
I don't think the point of Proto Nemesis 90MF is to KO, so I'll test it against a stamina type to see if it can tornado stall long enough to OS a stamina combo.

My MF is a little worn.
Yea, Stamina would be good, preferably something that stays in the middle of the stadium. Thanks in advance, Thunder Dome and Tri.
(Dec. 29, 2012  8:36 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: The core is plastic right? So, this wheel could have a low center of gravity. Can you do some battles with Proto on a low track like 90 or 85 and a tip that Tornado Stalls, similar to Ingulit's Phantom 85MF? I'm thinking it could be able to outspin the opponent in this way. If you can't do the above ones, can you try Proto 90 with WD or BWD?

Let me go ahead and explain why that will not work.

Phantom has a plastic core.
Proto has a plastic core.

Despite both of them having plastic cores, the two are entirely different in every way.

First off, Phantom has relatively good weight distribution IIRC (only own Metal Fury Phantom at the moment) while Proto Nemesis has some of the worst I've seen on a Metal Wheel.

Second, the core of Phantom is in the very center of it, leaving a ring outside of it. That's why it's so good at having so much stamina - the weight is distributed outward. For Proto Nemesis, this is completely different. Think of L-Drago Destroys PC Core. It's on the bottom, however L-Drago Destroy has terrible stamina. It's the same in Proto Nemesis.

If it still doesn't make sense, here's a photo:

Protos Metal Frame is on top of the PC Core.
I think a really good defense customization you should really try is MF Proto Nemesis GB145MB. Putting GB145 with MB really makes a great Defense and Stamina combo.
Everything you said there is untrue BlitzDestroyer. Read around more before giving combo advice.
(Dec. 29, 2012  10:47 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Yea, Stamina would be good, preferably something that stays in the middle of the stadium. Thanks in advance, Thunder Dome and Tri.
Yeah, um, the OP says that it is pretty bad for Stamina, due to the standalone spin time tests. I doubt it will work. Plus, look at Rai's post at the bottom of page 1.

Does Proto Nemesis have spikes at the bottom of Nemesis X? If it doesn't, (wild guess here) maybe you could try the 230MB setup.
(Dec. 30, 2012  4:08 PM)BladerPegasis Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2012  10:47 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Yea, Stamina would be good, preferably something that stays in the middle of the stadium. Thanks in advance, Thunder Dome and Tri.
Yeah, um, the OP says that it is pretty bad for Stamina, due to the standalone spin time tests. I doubt it will work. Plus, look at Rai's post at the bottom of page 1.

Does Proto Nemesis have spikes at the bottom of Nemesis X? If it doesn't, (wild guess here) maybe you could try the 230MB setup.

I was talking about a Bey for Proto to battle against, not for Proto to be used as.
Oh, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.