Proposal, bring a new rule for no contact self ko

Poll: Thoughts?

Yes, the scoring of no contact matches should be banned.
70.00%
No, the scoring of no contact matches should continue.
30.00%
Total: 100% 30 vote(s)
I propose that we should bring a rule that stops the scoring of no contact matches in competitive play.
I agree they did nothing to beat you you just died which makes me agree on this proposal we will raid area 51 if our purposal is not accepted
If the opponent successfully avoid me the whole round by let say tornado stalling, they  deserve to score.  I think no contact scoring is fine.
Please note that I turned off the polling where you can see names to make sure that people don’t feel intimidated.
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:02 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Please note that I turned off the polling where you can see names to make sure that people don’t feel intimidated.
I won't feel intimidated
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:01 PM)Shindog Wrote: If the opponent successfully avoid me the whole round by let say tornado stalling, they  deserve to score.  I think no contact scoring is fine.

Will, in tornado stalling situations there is at least some amount of contact. The rule is more for self ko’s with no contact like the left Burst rule.
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:07 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:01 PM)Shindog Wrote: If the opponent successfully avoid me the whole round by let say tornado stalling, they  deserve to score.  I think no contact scoring is fine.

Will, in tornado stalling situations there is at least some amount of contact. The rule is more for ko’s with no contact like the left Burst rule.
There are definitely matches where the staller never gets hit and just outrun the opponent.
(Nov. 01, 2020  9:50 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I propose that we should bring a rule that stops the scoring of no contact matches in competitive play.
Well, in the competitive play if you score (playing by the rules) you score, but it'd be cool in 4fun formats
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:09 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:07 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Will, in tornado stalling situations there is at least some amount of contact. The rule is more for ko’s with no contact like the left Burst rule.
There are definitely matches where the staller never gets hit and just outrun the opponent.

I think we can implement some sort of 3 to 5 second timer for this rule.
Well in stadium' it stalling won't happen
Let’s set aside tornado stall. If the opponent manages to avoid you or if you just miss your opponent, what did the opponent do to not deserve to score?
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:15 PM)Shindog Wrote: Let’s set aside tornado stall. If the opponent manages to avoid you or if you just miss your opponent, what did the opponent do to not deserve to score?

That is why I’m saying we can implement a 3 to 5 second timer in which this rule is effective.
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:15 PM)Shindog Wrote: Let’s set aside tornado stall.   If the opponent manages to avoid you or if you just miss your opponent, what did the opponent do to not deserve to score?

On the other side of the coin, what did they opponent do to deserve to score? What if there's no contact but you self-KO? Also, has there ever even been a case where both beys have stayed in the stadium but never touched each other before the round ended, or is this all hypothetical?
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:18 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:15 PM)Shindog Wrote: Let’s set aside tornado stall.   If the opponent manages to avoid you or if you just miss your opponent, what did the opponent do to not deserve to score?

On the other side of the coin, what did they opponent do to deserve to score? What if there's no contact but you self-KO? Also, has there ever even been a case where both beys have stayed in the stadium but never touched each other before the round ended, or is this all hypothetical?

Well, there are some cases where this has happened (I was doing samurai Pegasus vs Meteo l-drago and it happened), but the main point is self ko (I know that the title is misleading so I changed it).

it could happen, and I'm sure there is proof it has happened.
let's say two attack layers enter a banking pattern, but one layer has worse timing, misses twice, then self KO's. that is definitely possible

I would say the opponent deserved to score because they did not self KO.  Perhaps they were just lucky, perhaps they launched conservatively, or perhaps they were counting on the opponent to self KO.  If there is no contact and you self KO by your own powers I wouldn’t mind a double fault system, but I don’t believe in zero consequence.   

Plenty of tornado stallers including the recent pP.outer.Vl’ can and have won without touching opponent.  It is also possible for 2 flower patterns to never actually meet until one stops.
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:23 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:18 PM)BladerGem Wrote: On the other side of the coin, what did they opponent do to deserve to score? What if there's no contact but you self-KO? Also, has there ever even been a case where both beys have stayed in the stadium but never touched each other before the round ended, or is this all hypothetical?
I would say the opponent deserved to score because they did not self KO.  If there is no contact and you self KO by your own powers I wouldn’t mind a double fault system, but I don’t believe in zero consequence.   

Plenty of tornado stallers including the recent pP.outer.Vl’ can and have won without touching opponent.

Yeah, I’m totally fine with wins by tornado stalling, but not with self-ko no contact rules.
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:27 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:23 PM)Shindog Wrote: I would say the opponent deserved to score because they did not self KO.  If there is no contact and you self KO by your own powers I wouldn’t mind a double fault system, but I don’t believe in zero consequence.   

Plenty of tornado stallers including the recent pP.outer.Vl’ can and have won without touching opponent.

Yeah, I’m totally fine with wins by tornado stalling, but not with self-ko no contact rules.
What would be your suggestion?  How many times can someone self KO before They should be penalized?  Or should they never be penalized?

Let’s say in track, a double false start is a disqualification I think.  Tennis has the double fault.
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:32 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:27 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Yeah, I’m totally fine with wins by tornado stalling, but not with self-ko no contact rules.
What would be your suggestion?  How many times can someone self KO before They should be penalized?  Or should they never be penalized?

I think that three times before a penalty is issued is fair because people don’t have all day, and because a self ko usually happens within the first 5 to 6 seconds of a battle.
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:34 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:32 PM)Shindog Wrote: What would be your suggestion?  How many times can someone self KO before They should be penalized?  Or should they never be penalized?

I think that three times before a penalty is issued is fair because people don’t have all day, and because a self ko usually happens within the first 5 to 6 seconds of a battle.
3 times in a match or 3 times in a round?
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:36 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:34 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think that three times before a penalty is issued is fair because people don’t have all day, and because a self ko usually happens within the first 5 to 6 seconds of a battle.
3 times in a match or 3 times in a round?

3 times each round. I would also be totally cool with 2 times each round.
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:38 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:36 PM)Shindog Wrote: 3 times in a match or 3 times in a round?

3 times each round. I would also be totally cool with 2 times each round.
I believe this was discussed in the Gatryaki thread as well. 
I believe 2 times each round was discussed at least a couple of time in the Gattyaki thread.  It was a concession to allow people more opportunities to perform the surface glide gartyaki rather than the drop or air snipe.

To me, if the opponent tries to Air snipe by flinging the bey at me and doesn’t even come close to landing the stadium just isn’t right.  And to give someone 3 chances to throw their bey?
idk but considering the new dash stadium thats coming out which solives this problem Will that beystadium be legal in ranked play? as unlike the gimimck for the slingshock stadium drains the stamina if its stuck takara fixed this by using the gravity of the beys i dont know why it wouldnt be legal
(Nov. 01, 2020  10:41 PM)beykid44 Wrote: idk but considering the new dash stadium thats coming out which solives this problem Will that beystadium be legal in ranked play? as unlike the gimimck for the slingshock stadium drains the stamina if its stuck takara fixed this by using the gravity of the beys i dont know why it wouldnt be legal

Well, the stadium may or may not be allowed.
and im not agreeing bc im their friend i just dont like that ule maybe 3 stirkes ur out? or 2