Proposal: Lifting Repetition Limits on MCC/LC/MGC

Greetings WBO tournament go-ers,

Recently I came across our current Deck restrictions regarding Metal Chip Cores (Superking Layers), Level Chips (Cho-Z Layers) and Metal God Chips (God Layers).

In the Burst Standard format, within a deck a player cannot repeat MCC, but can repeat LC and MGC. I do not personally think it is an issue to lift the restriction for MCC also; Superking Layers are rarely used, and lifting the restriction would 1. Make it consistent with LC and MGC and 2. Maybe give Superking decks a small advantage/power boost in Standard.

In the Burst Limited format, within a deck a player cannot repeat LC and MGC. I personally do not see a reason to keep the restriction of LC and MGC in Burst Limited; it seems odd to have the restriction lifted in Standard and GT only, where Cho-Z and God Layers are rarely used. Furthermore, I frankly do not see LC and MGC as overpowering or “broken”. If a Blader has the means or desire to obtain multiple LC and MGC for their Deck, I say more power to them.

That is of course, only my opinion, based on what I have seen in the Burst Limited format tournaments we’ve had so far. I don’t think the minor (but meaningful) change is that detrimental.

Tl;dr I have two proposals: 1. Lift the restrictions of MCC in Standard and 2. Lift the restrictions of LC/MGC in Limited.
Would this proposal also apply to possibly allowing the use of multiple gen weights on GT layers for Burst Limited?
(Dec. 26, 2022  7:12 PM)Mr. Memes Wrote: Would this proposal also apply to possibly allowing the use of multiple gen weights on GT layers for Burst Limited?

That is not in this proposal as I view it as an entirely separate issue.

Allowing for more than 1 Gen Weight would also be asking "Would we allow more than 1 Gatinko Layer in a BSL deck?" which is a different can of worms that I don't want to explore in this specific thread.
(Dec. 27, 2022  1:53 AM)KIO Wrote:
(Dec. 26, 2022  7:12 PM)Mr. Memes Wrote: Would this proposal also apply to possibly allowing the use of multiple gen weights on GT layers for Burst Limited?

That is not in this proposal as I view it as an entirely separate issue.

Allowing for more than 1 Gen Weight would also be asking "Would we allow more than 1 Gatinko Layer in a BSL deck?" which is a different can of worms that I don't want to explore in this specific thread.

Fair enough.
I agree with this. I also think the same should be done for MFB formats regarding metal faces tbh:

The impact is quite minor as you can already run MF-H and regular MF in the same deck and MSF (hard to get) and MSF-H in the same deck, and regular MF came in a 2 pack anyway so you only need 2 purchases vs the 3 needed for MF-H, MF and MF-L (current heaviest triple face setup). This also resolves questions around the Sol and LDrago/LDeer Metal Faces being the same or different parts to regular Metal Faces.