Project Zero-G: Let's Find New Launching Techniques!

Zero-G, with its Stadium Attack Type, has been out for two months already. It is not everyone who owns the new stadiums at the moment, but I think it is time we stop being impressed by the general gimmick and start really putting our competitive minds to the issue. The new swaying gimmick allows for a whole new type of gameplay, which is really interesting and, frankly, definitely the refreshment Beyblade needed, otherwise it could have easily slipped into another boring state which would lead to a second hiatus.

Keep in mind that I only have the Zero-G Stadium Attack Type right now, that I have no Zero-G-oriented parts like CF yet, and that I am only playing against myself, but these are some launching techniques I have come up with already :
  • Normal launch in the middle - The centre is slightly flatter than the rest of the stadium's slope, so what were you expecting, hah.
  • Sliding Shoot in the upper part of the slope - This seems to give a weak pattern, contrarily to what could be expected.
  • Sliding Shoot near the centre - The Beyblade follows a wide and seemingly effective Sliding-Shoot-flower pattern.
  • Vertical launch - Works better with Attack Types, and slightly high in the air. It sometimes destabilises the opposing Beyblade, and, ironically, the Beyblade shot this way actually keeps spinning if it does not knock itself out.
  • Very high normal launch - Avoid doing this with rubber-tipped combination, especially flat-tipped ones. For me, it worked better with a relatively light Stamina customization, Phantom Orion TH170WD. However, Meteo L Drago CH120EWD could not really take it.

So, what have you all found, from your personal testing with the new Zero-G BeyStadiums ? TAKARA-TOMY will probably give us support in the following months by introducing 'official' launching techniques, but I am really curious to see what we can all come up with meanwhile.

By the way, it will be quite difficult to launch with two people if you have anything but a small launcher ... The 3 Segment Launcher Grip's card holder section can easily catch the opposite side of the cover and move the stadium ... We will also probably have to include, in the rules, that if you wish to launcher anywhere below the cover, you will need to pull the string upwards, not anywhere on the sides.
Really nice information Kai-V, thanks
A proper sliding/banking shot aimed near a pocket, with an aggressive tip, will typically produce a very fast, stadium-swaying flower pattern.

The first two circles will also often distance the Beyblade from the pocket, and the third will bring it back to center mass, so there is actually very little risk of self-KO, if done right. Most proper KOs I have scored in this stadium have used this launch.
To be honest I haven't found much in the new stadium. I do like the vertical launch a lot though. I kind of "snipe" sometimes by launching my bey directly at where the opponent is/ will be, and it sort of works, haha.
I have to agree with Hazel on his findings. I once spun a Basalt Aquarious 230MB attempting a sliding shoot. It produced a wonderful flower pattern in the base of the stadium and also caused the stadium to sway as well.
How heavily though? Did it produce aggressive swaying movements?
(May. 28, 2012  9:07 PM)TheInGreek Wrote: How heavily though? Did it produce aggressive swaying movements?

No not very agressive swaying but it was swaying in harmony with the beyblade inside.I suppose a heavier beyblade could move the stadium more. It was swaying and doing minor roations too.

Sorry if I'm being a tad unclear.
Hmm. Interesting thread. What if Takara Tomy looked off this thread for launching technique ideas...
I don't think that will happen Tris.
I don't think it would mean anything at all in any way if it did, either.
You guys could experiment with moving the launcher vertically(up or down) when you shoot. I don't know what effect this could have, but it's worth a shot.
(May. 30, 2012  3:36 AM)JBladerMS Wrote: You guys could experiment with moving the launcher vertically(up or down) when you shoot. I don't know what effect this could have, but it's worth a shot.

It is generally worse than just launching vertically, stable. The latter already has issues with making the Beyblade sometimes get stuck to the prongs because of the unintended position.
Launch the bey verticle, but have the bey facing away from you. Works best with a LL2. The bey goes flying where you are looking, in this case the side of the stadium. If you move your arm forward to do almost a sliding shoot it has a high chance of knocking the other bey out within the first few seconds.

I call it the Meteor Launch. It's hard to perfect and there is A LOT of room for error. Do it right and it's great.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it works best with attack types since they will begin moving around the stadium.

I may have to do a video if you can't quite envision it.

Slide and shoot works well for me. I always start in the middle and move forward, this seems to work most of the time and give attack types a little more stamina.

Also; ANGLED Shots need to be discussed too. Depending on the angle a tip can perform differently. I have gotten a WF to work like a F when launched at an angle (no my tips are not worn down). A calm CS can also become aggressive at an angle, so this can play into deception tactics.

I realize that angle has always played a big role in a launch, but it makes a huge difference in the Zero-G stadium.
Younger kids might have a hard time learning these techniques and an even harder time using then in the wobbly type Zero-G stadium. Any solutions? What do you guys think?
Finally the Snipe Launcher has a good use! It must be useful in these stadiums for lauching at the sides.
(Jul. 06, 2012  7:08 AM)pocketpulls Wrote: Finally the Snipe Launcher has a good use! It must be useful in these stadiums for lauching at the sides.

That launcher sucks either way.. The RPM is just awful.

Anecdotal story: I was down 0-2 in a Zero-G side tournament against a pretty nasty Zero-G player (Alfonsokian). We were using the Attack stadium and I couldn't seem to knock out his bey (I forget exactly which it was). I was using MSF-H Phoenic Phoenic TH170XF and since I had nothing to lose, I gambled on a powerful destabilizing launch -- a full power bank shot near the top of the slope. The idea is to cause the stadium to tilt as soon as your bey hits it, without waiting for the centrifugal force to kick in. That initial sway should start off the battle in an attacker's favor. It worked and with a little luck, I managed to take back that beybattle with three straight stadium outs.
Well, I guess this would count as a new "technique."
I call it Ridge Riding.
Basically it's this; use anything heavy on top of E230 plus some attack bottom (such as CF/GCF), and the majority of the time you will win by an SKO. It's an attack technique, that requires a specific part, which is
You place your launcher over the stadium like normal, but instead, you put the space between E230 and your wheel (I used Variares) and launch. It causes the stadium to move over to your side (where the heavy wheel comes into place) and then using something fast such as XF or GCF, you make one simple sway to the other side, and lots of times, you win by an SKO. It's really effective against the normal bottoms that are suspectable to SKO's, but I find that this does a good job of it as well. I'd recommend you use it against the side of a wall, as doing this in front of a pocket gives you a higher risk of self KOing.
Anyways, that's it. That's all I've really gotten so far.
(Jul. 06, 2012  7:08 AM)pocketpulls Wrote: Finally the Snipe Launcher has a good use! It must be useful in these stadiums for lauching at the sides.

If that's the launcher I got with Kirbecs, the motion of the front section doesn't allow for any aiming at all. The L/R LL2 allows for much better snipe shots. And, of course, my secret shot.
Raigeko13, I do not understand where you are supposed to launch, in your technique. You say that it is just like a normal shot, but you need specific parts, it makes the stadium automatically sway towards you, and that is called "Ridge Riding" ?
He said it has something to do with the space between E230 and the MW but it wasn't clear.
Well, let me elaborate:
-It can only be used with E230 and an attack bottom.
-You can launch anywhere on the Zero-G Attack Type Beystadium, but it is preferred that you launch where there it not an exit, to avoid self KO.
-You launch right on the ridge of the stadium by placing E230's core between the disk and Metal Wheel right against it (E230 is in Normal Mode)

It doesn't stay elevated there long, and it really doesn't "ride" the ridge much, but I couldn't think of any other names. When you launch, the weight of your bey. Name's dumb and doesn't really fit, I know, but I just don't know what else to call it.
Raigeko13: Your technique sounds quite interesting Cute. Could you please show the WBO a video on this technique as I too am very, very intrested in seeing it?
(Jul. 11, 2012  7:18 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Well, let me elaborate:
-It can only be used with E230 and an attack bottom.
-You can launch anywhere on the Zero-G Attack Type Beystadium, but it is preferred that you launch where there it not an exit, to avoid self KO.
-You launch right on the ridge of the stadium by placing E230's core between the disk and Metal Wheel right against it (E230 is in Normal Mode)

It doesn't stay elevated there long, and it really doesn't "ride" the ridge much, but I couldn't think of any other names. When you launch, the weight of your bey. Name's dumb and doesn't really fit, I know, but I just don't know what else to call it.

Ah, OK. I had tried experimenting with launching on or close to the Stadium Cover when I first played with the Zero-G Stadium Attack Type, but nothing really worked. The Cover really introduces new possibilities, even if you ignore the whole swaying gimmick. I will try with E230GCF today, hopefully.
I was using it a lot against MF-H Duo Aquario 230CS, as I don't have 2 E230's, otherwise I'd test it against that.

I'll try to make a video, Mu. Smile