[Product]  Infinity Libra GB145S (or Thunder Libra because Infinity is too cool for Hasbro)

How is it really supposed to surpass it ? TAKARA-TOMY wants to make something that is less dominating, so it seems evident to me that it would never spin even as much as the original Libra. It would be more interesting, in my opinion, to see more battles against other Beyblades : Libra is clearly "broken", as many have said.

Compared to the Libra Wheel, Infinity has less weight on the circumference, so the flywheel effect that would help stamina is not as present.
Looks like a major disappointment. :[
(May. 09, 2010  10:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: How is it really supposed to surpass it ? TAKARA-TOMY wants to make something that is less dominating, so it seems evident to me that it would never spin even as much as the original Libra. It would be more interesting, in my opinion, to see more battles against other Beyblades : Libra is clearly "broken", as many have said.

Compared to the Libra Wheel, Infinity has less weight on the circumference, so the flywheel effect that would help stamina is not as present.

Though infinity weighs significantly less, and should be able to outspin the much heavier Libra. They have the same basic shape, and Infinity shouldn't produce as much friction.
It didn't even last in the video posted on the Beyblade Videos topic, putting it bluntly it's a retarded piece of carp.
(May. 09, 2010  11:45 PM)Corey Wrote: Though infinity weighs significantly less, and should be able to outspin the much heavier Libra. They have the same basic shape, and Infinity shouldn't produce as much friction.
I think Libra is that good because of the flywheel effect. The more weight there is on the circumference, the longer it will theoretically spin. It is not that much a matter of friction.
(May. 09, 2010  11:45 PM)Corey Wrote: Though infinity weighs significantly less, and should be able to outspin the much heavier Libra. They have the same basic shape, and Infinity shouldn't produce as much friction.

Mass affects the inertia of the Beyblade. Inertia is the resistance in change of state of motion; in this case, the state of motion is the rotation of the Beyblade and the change is the slowing down. Theoretically, a higher mass takes a longer time to slow down.
(May. 10, 2010  6:56 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:

Mass affects the inertia of the Beyblade. Inertia is the resistance in change of state of motion; in this case, the state of motion is the rotation of the Beyblade and the change is the slowing down. Theoretically, a higher mass takes a longer time to slow down.

It also requires more revolutions to match the speed of the heavier object. Yes, it takes longer to slow down, but it also takes longer to speed up. Also, the heavier object creates more friction, so in theory while it requires more time to slow down, the added friction from the weight also should reduce spin time.
(May. 10, 2010  8:20 PM)Corey Wrote: It also requires more revolutions to match the speed of the heavier object. Yes, it takes longer to slow down, but it also takes longer to speed up. Also, the heavier object creates more friction, so in theory while it requires more time to slow down, the added friction from the weight also should reduce spin time.

Simple way to get around your problem of taking "longer to speed up"; accelerate it fast by pulling the winder/whatever fast. No need for long winded over-complications.

Back on topic: doesnt anyone else dislike the colour of the infinity wheel?
(May. 10, 2010  9:23 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(May. 10, 2010  8:20 PM)Corey Wrote: It also requires more revolutions to match the speed of the heavier object. Yes, it takes longer to slow down, but it also takes longer to speed up. Also, the heavier object creates more friction, so in theory while it requires more time to slow down, the added friction from the weight also should reduce spin time.

Simple way to get around your problem of taking "longer to speed up"; accelerate it fast by pulling the winder/whatever fast. No need for long winded over-complications.

Back on topic: doesnt anyone else dislike the colour of the infinity wheel?

Considering you're most likely pulling the winder the same speed (ish) every launch, that doesn't play a role.

As for the color, I don't mind it.
Well then, you just disproved your original point about taking longer to speed up the Beyblade.
(May. 10, 2010  9:32 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Well then, you just disproved your original point about taking longer to speed up the Beyblade.

How?
(May. 10, 2010  10:09 PM)Corey Wrote:
(May. 10, 2010  9:32 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Well then, you just disproved your original point about taking longer to speed up the Beyblade.

How?

I'll explain in PM, do not wish to derail the thread.

I guess I prefer this release in terms of aesthetics the least out of the most recent "wave" of MFB. Infinity is a bit disappointing and it doesn't have the "rarity" or "good looking" factor to merit it to buyers who cannot purchase every blade.
Yea, that's true. Statistically, infinity stacks up pitifully against other metal wheels. If anything, it will be another stamina wheel, but nobody wants another one of those anyways.
able to buy this at 90USD in Hong Kong now
As more videos are seen, this may not be worth getting as GB145 can be bought
Um, has any testing been done for Infinity Libra CH120RF?
(Jul. 08, 2010  4:27 AM)Sora. Wrote: Um, has any testing been done for Infinity Libra CH120RF?

Not that I recall. I'm not even sure that anybody here has one.
Nobody here owns one. Everyone started bashing it solely based on its weight and carpy videos by japanese kids.
well I found one in hong kong costing 800 something hk dollars. Is sooo expenxive
This wheel looks like Heat and Heat looks like the old Libra wheel.
(Jul. 10, 2010  7:26 PM)XDBeyblade Wrote: This wheel looks like Heat and Heat looks like the old Libra wheel.
We know, this has been mentioned in this topic before ...
(Aug. 28, 2010  4:41 AM)Izumin Wrote: what topic
This one ...
how can you reply so fast
the one with the blank
wheres the topic you are talking about