[Product]  BX-20 DranDagger Deck Set (DranDagger 4-60R)

New set for Beyblade X, contains three Beys. Contains three Beyblades, including the brand-new DranDagger. Releases on November 2nd, 2023. MSRP is 3960円.
[Image: 4904810913078_4bc5ec04fa4348f2984eb3e610ba8a28.jpg]
Set Contents:
  • DranDagger 4-60R
  • SharkEdge 3-80F (Green)
  • KnightShield 5-80T (Purple)
More Official Images from Takara-Tomy Mall:

Parts Images from Beyblade Website:
Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-20 DranDagger 4-60R
  • Attack-type
  • Right-spin
  • "RUSH ATTACK: It attacks with a barrage of Xtreme Dashes thanks to a Bit that maintains Dash power and a Blade with strong barrage-attack prowess."
Blade: DranDagger
  • "Excels at barrage-attacking opponents with its six attacking blades"
  • Attack: 50
  • Defense: 25
  • Stamina: 25
Ratchet: 4-60 (pronounced "Four Sixty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a low profile. Sports four blades that are vulnerable to attacks."
  • Attack: 11
  • Defense: 13
  • Stamina: 6
  • Height: 60
Bit: R (full name “Rush”)
  • "Sports a 10-toothed gear that reduces the speed of Xtreme Dashes, but also increases their frequency."
  • Attack: 40
  • Defense: 10
  • Stamina: 20
  • Dash: 30
  • Burst Resistance: 80

Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-20 SharkEdge 3-80F
  • Attack-type
  • Right-spin
  • "SHARKEDGE ASSAULT CUSTOM: By combining the high-power SharkEdge Blade with a taller Ratchet and Bit, its attacking range is expanded vertically."
Blade: SharkEdge
  • "Its steep upper blades dive beneath an opponent's underside and scoop them upward."
  • Attack: 15
  • Defense: 30
  • Stamina: 55
Ratchet: 3-80 (pronounced "Three Eighty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a high profile. Sports three blades with high resilience."
  • Attack: 15
  • Defense: 7
  • Stamina: 8
  • Height: 80
Bit: F (full name "Flat")
  • "Sports a flat tip that makes the Bey move quickly, making an Xtreme Dash easier to achieve."
  • Attack: 40
  • Defense: 15
  • Stamina: 10
  • Dash: 35

Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-20 KnightShield 4-80T
  • Balance-type
  • Right-spin
  • "KNIGHTSHIELD ALL-ROUND CUSTOM: By combining the defensive KnightShield Blade with the balanced T Bit, its Attack, Defense, and Stamina performance are all enhanced."
Blade: KnightShield
  • "Its six protective blades create an impact dampening structure, easily absorbing attacks."
  • Attack: 20
  • Defense: 55
  • Stamina: 25
Ratchet: 5-80 (pronounced "Five Eighty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a high profile. Sports five thick blades that boost centrifugal force."
  • Attack: 12
  • Defense: 8
  • Stamina: 10
  • Height: 80
Bit: T (full name "Taper")
  • "Sports a tapered tip which combines attack power with endurance attributes."
  • Attack: 35
  • Defense: 20
  • Stamina: 20
  • Dash: 25
Haha I was really hoping based on the very limited product descriptions before this info came out that the only new Bey in November would be a booster, and that my wallet could take a break for November. I know this has been done before, so it should be expected, but locking two new Beyblades in the same month into expensive sets is pretty disappointing. I may be ignorant to other issues but so far my only gripe with how TT is handling Beyblade X are the increasingly predatory business practices that come with these new releases - two Random Boosters back to back with a third volume on the way in December, forcing you to buy 6 Beyblades to get 2 new ones... They're a corporation. What can you expect. Regardless, it is nice that both of these sets will offer another way to get SharkEdge and KnightLance respectively. If other RB exclusive parts are included, like 5-80, LF, and O, then it will definitely feel like a bit more worthwhile.
Here is the full name for the next evolution of Dran Sword 3-60F called, Dran Dagger 4-60R
Thread has been updated with TTMall images. DranDagger looks really, really bad. It feels very odd for them to be positioning this as an upgrade to DranSword considering it's going from all-out attack to "barrage attack"... Six blades will not be more effective than three, the main contacts are liable to being very small and weak, and it will probably just die a lot. Rush is an interesting Bit, and I like that they're experimenting with the number of teeth on the Bit's pinion gears. I don't see Rush itself being very useful overall but I think the general design idea has interesting ramifications, and I'm excited to see what else they do for future bits regarding low vs. high gearing...
This one is probably my least favourite of the three new releases but it's not bad, I'm just not as crazy for it, but I was generally never super crazy for most "blue, three bladed attack type" kind of beys. The design is cool looking yet it feels odd for an attack type. It is aggressive looking but I swear this almost feels like a balance type, design wise due to the more enclosed feel to it. I know it wouldn't actually be good at defense or stamina, it's just that it sorta resembles an Attack + Defense hybrid, kinda like if you fused Valkyrie and Wyvern together. It's neat, but DranSword was a lot cooler, and I wasn't even that crazy for that either. Rush is an interesting bit and I like how simple yet neat the concept is, the idea of it being more able to use the stadium gears to enhance that Xtreme finish is really cool, and it explains the smaller tip. I think the tip could have more controllability and could be useful, but only time will tell.

I know I've made this point on my HellChain post, but it's interesting how this has a 4-60 ratchet. KnightShield went from a 3 sided ratchet, to a 4 sided one via KnightLance, and Hellscythe went from a 4 sided ratchet, to a 5 sided one via HellChain. This one is similar where DranSword went from a 3 sided ratchet, to a 4 sided ratchet via DranDagger, all adding one side each. I wouldn't be surprised if a new Wizard bey had a 5-80 ratchet honestly.
Ngl Dran Dagger looks kinda ugly but I'm very interested in its continuous X Dash gimmick, so I guess just its Bit specifically. Changing the Gear ratio this early on is pretty cool, so I think it has a lot of potential. Idk about the Blade though, I can't imagine 6 contact points being better than 3, but even if the Blade is kinda meh, the full package should still be quite interesting.
Feels like Dran Sword + Blitz Unicorno. I love it.

4-60 is weird but oh well, and Rush seems pretty interesting, I like that they're finally messing around with the main gimmick of the generation. Curious to see how it goes in battle.
DranDagger looks sick aside from the name being kinda weird cuz daggers are smaller than swords. Next Dran should be called DranKatana (Seems cool) B)
(Oct. 16, 2023  12:10 AM)Spinning Lego Wrote: DranDagger looks sick aside from the name being kinda weird cuz daggers are smaller than swords. Next Dran should be called DranKatana (Seems cool) B)

Why does it have to be a bigger blade? And there's more contact points so "dagger" fits.

Also TrainiacJ you got Sharks description wrong, it has F, not LF.
(Oct. 16, 2023  12:29 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2023  12:10 AM)Spinning Lego Wrote: DranDagger looks sick aside from the name being kinda weird cuz daggers are smaller than swords. Next Dran should be called DranKatana (Seems cool) B)

Why does it have to be a bigger blade? And there's more contact points so "dagger" fits.

People who don't have shark edge or Low flat be like: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... my bank account is weakening.
(Oct. 16, 2023  12:29 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, I must have copied in the wrong data from my spreadsheet, lol. Formatting 7 different bio translations for 3 different threads is an easy recipe for mixing up what goes where
thanks for going out of your way for your work anyway TrainiacJ
Here is the video of this set along with BX-21 Hell Chain Deck Set: