[Product]  BX-16 Random Booster ViperTail Select (Rare: ViperTail 5-80O)

Random Booster for Beyblade X. Each Booster randomly contains one of three pre-determined Beyblades, each sporting the new ViperTail Blade. The prize pull is ViperTail 5-80O.
MSRP with tax is 1400 JPY per Booster. Releases on October 7th 2023.
[Image: 4904810912972_d8166b82fe104135a0b5bec648310fa6.jpg]
Possible Contents:
  • ViperTail 5-80O
  • ViperTail 4-60F (Black)
  • ViperTail 3-80HN (Yellow)
More Official Images from Takara Tomy Mall:
Part Images from Beyblade Website:
Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-16 ViperTail5-80O
  • Stamina-type
  • Right-spin
  • "WHITTLING STAMINA: By attacking from above with downward-facing blades, it dulls an opponent's movement and aims for a Spin Finish."
Blade: ViperTail
  • "Its six downward-sloping blades excel at whittling away an opponent's stamina from above."
  • Attack: 30
  • Defense: 20
  • Stamina: 50
Ratchet: 5-80 (pronounced "Five Eighty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a high profile. Sports five thick blades that boost centrifugal force."
  • Attack: 12
  • Defense: 8
  • Stamina: 10
  • Height: 80
Bit: O (full name "Orb")
  • "Sports a small, hemispherical tip with reduced friction and enhanced stamina."
  • Attack: 10
  • Defense: 30
  • Dash: 10
  • Burst Resistance: 30
Hey, I wonder what Vipertail designs look like?
Viper Tail hmm I wonder how that'll look like 🤔
I’m guessing it’ll look something like orb egis or the unicorn beyblade from burst season 1
Man something about Viper Tail just clicks for me and i'm not sure why, the colors are odd but design wise this is definitely one of my favorites in X so far. 

The short rb feels kind of pointless though, like why not just make it a regular booster and save us the hassle. Worries me for the future.
(Sep. 14, 2023  11:40 PM)NoNotYou Wrote: Man something about Viper Tail just clicks for me and i'm not sure why, the colors are odd but design wise this is definitely one of my favorites in X so far. 

The short rb feels kind of pointless though, like why not just make it a regular booster and save us the hassle. Worries me for the future.

I think it’s because they knew that the prize beys color would be controversial (as in it looks pretty bad, no offense) so they wanted to make the booster at least give us 2 sick recolors to make it much more appealing: That and boosters make way more MONEY
I think the promo renders don't do the prize version's coloring any favors, but in the actual pages of CoroCoro it looks very bold and striking. I think I like it. It's a very visually interesting design in general, I really like how the plastic has the scale pattern molded in. I don't expect the Blade itself to perform very well (at least in terms of being an as-advertised Stamina-type) given its awkward shape, and 5-80 probably won't be super remarkable, but Orb will probably be a worthwhile pick-up. It's basically just Ball but smaller, which means it'll have calmer movement and less grip. Great from a traditional stamina perspective, also means it's less likely to hit the Xtreme Line on accident and self-Xtreme, lol.

As cool as it is to have recolors right off the bat, I'm not sure why this wasn't just a standard Booster release... Hopefully the pull rates on the prize won't be outlandish or anything.
(Sep. 15, 2023  3:04 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I think the promo renders don't do the prize version's coloring any favors, but in the actual pages of CoroCoro it looks very bold and striking. I think I like it. It's a very visually interesting design in general, I really like how the plastic has the scale pattern molded in. I don't expect the Blade itself to perform very well (at least in terms of being an as-advertised Stamina-type) given its awkward shape, and 5-80 probably won't be super remarkable, but Orb will probably be a worthwhile pick-up. It's basically just Ball but smaller, which means it'll have calmer movement and less grip. Great from a traditional stamina perspective, also means it's less likely to hit the Xtreme Line on accident and self-Xtreme, lol.

As cool as it is to have recolors right off the bat, I'm not sure why this wasn't just a standard Booster release... Hopefully the pull rates on the prize won't be outlandish or anything.
Oh so the name of the driver is orb? Or is it short for orbit? Also yeah I agree with the layers lack of competitive stamina viability.
This might have the best color scheme yet, wonder what the layers gimmick will be advertised as. Considering the blades, I'd say deflection that prevents stamina loss.
(Sep. 15, 2023  3:45 AM)lil-iz Wrote: Oh so the name of the driver is orb? Or is it short for orbit? Also yeah I agree with the layers lack of competitive stamina viability.

The name is Orb.

(Sep. 15, 2023  3:04 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I don't expect the Blade itself to perform very well (at least in terms of being an as-advertised Stamina-type) given its awkward shape

Notably, the CoroCoro does specify that the other 2 combos are meant to be Attack and Defense respectively. Excerpts below:

Quote:ViperTail 5-80O: "With its poisonous fangs, it continues to drain the opponent's Stamina while continuing to spin forever with its new Stamina tip! Truly the Endurance Viper!"
ViperTail 4-60F: "It moves around at high speed due to the flat tip, hitting with not only its fangs but its upper blades! An aggresive Viper!"
ViperTail 380HN: "Uses the defensive tip to prevent itself from moving! Opponents that get in its way will be repelled by its high positioned fangs!"

So maybe even Takara Tomy sees it as a multi-use Blade. ViperTail reminds me a bit of left-spin Master from the GT Layer System.
Official site update; part images and bio TL for ViperTail are in the OP.
Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-16 ViperTail
  • Stamina-type
  • Right-spin
  • "WHITTLING STAMINA: By attacking from above with downward-facing blades, it dulls an opponent's movement and aims for a Spin Finish."
  • "Its six downward-sloping blades excell at whittling away an opponent's stamina from above."
Ratchet: 5-80 (pronounced "Five Sixty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a high profile. Sports five thick blades that boost centrifugal force."
  • "Sports a small, hemispherical tip with reduced friction and enhanced stamina."
(Sep. 15, 2023  5:41 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Official site update; part images and bio TL for ViperTail are in the OP.
Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-16 ViperTail
  • Stamina-type
  • Right-spin
  • "Its six downward-sloping blades excell at whittling away an opponent's stamina from above."
Ratchet: 5-80 (pronounced "Five Sixty")

So basically Orb is a Sharp Ball, like the one from Guardian Revizer. That bottom didn't perfom well due to tilting but knowing that X beys use tilting as an advantage this could be good. The blade sounds like it could be good for a destabilizer combo due to the description.
It's more like original Ball from MFB. Since Ball in BBX is more or less like Wide Ball from MFB, the upgrade for BBX is like if MFB started with WB and evolved into B.
(Sep. 15, 2023  5:49 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2023  5:41 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Official site update; part images and bio TL for ViperTail are in the OP.

So basically Orb is a Sharp Ball, like the one from Guardian Revizer. That bottom didn't perfom well due to tilting but knowing that X beys use tilting as an advantage this could be good. The blade sounds like it could be good for a destabilizer combo due to the description.

The shape is nowhere as 'sharp' as Sharp Ball was. It's the same "semicircular"/"hemispherical" shape as the Ball Bit. This is closer to the distinction between Ball (B) and Wide Ball (WB) in MFB.
(Sep. 15, 2023  5:49 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote:

I don’t know sounds kind of worrying to me
(Sep. 15, 2023  5:52 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: It's more like original Ball from MFB. Since Ball in BBX is more or less like Wide Ball from MFB, the upgrade for BBX is like if MFB started with WB and evolved into B.

Oh, in that case. YAY! Ball was decent in MFB for Wobbling.

Also, Quick Edit (I just realized that from above. The blade lookes like Glide Ragnaruk)
(Sep. 15, 2023  5:56 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2023  5:52 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: It's more like original Ball from MFB. Since Ball in BBX is more or less like Wide Ball from MFB, the upgrade for BBX is like if MFB started with WB and evolved into B.

Oh, in that case. YAY! Ball was decent in MFB for Wobbling.

Also, Quick Edit (I just realized that from above. The blade lookes like Glide Ragnaruk)

Oh yeah the yellow one looks like glide ragnaruk! Though something about it reminds me of some beyblade from the burst series, maybe it’s me thinking that it looks like hell salamander if it was right spin (mirror the layer).
Design wise the yellow one is definitely the best (probably because of what looks like scales)
This tweet from TT's design team account shows off an IRL product display with both LeonClaw and all three versions of ViperTail. I was totally right about the renders not doing the stock ViperTail's colors justice, the combination of the translucent neon orange and cobalt-y blue looks very vivid and appealing to me. I'll be very happy to get my hands on this one even if the Blade turns out to suck, lol. (LeonClaw looks great, too, as do the other ViperTails. Just wanted to give special attention to the rare Bey~)
[Image: F6HX5wEbIAAXYHK?format=jpg&name=large]
Honestly I'm really enjoying this beyblade. probably not great for stamina but it might work with a stamina/attack mix.
Hey Guys, here is the video for this Random Booster, BX 16, Viper Tail 5-80O (Five Eighty Orb):