[Product]  BBG-11 Zero G BeyStadium Defense Type

If you look closely at the edge of the stadium, there are little black things. Maybe you can switch something to make the stadium change performance? Or maybe they are there to keep the stadium stable. Im not sure but they have to do something. :I And sorry if I am restating some things. I just skimmed through the thread.
(May. 25, 2012  3:18 AM)UltimateChimera Wrote: If you look closely at the edge of the stadium, there are little black things. Maybe you can switch something to make the stadium change performance? Or maybe they are there to keep the stadium stable. Im not sure but they have to do something. :I

If you had read the BBG-04 stadium, you would have seen that we already established what they were. It is just for easy stadium assembly, easy packaging, etc. to make TAKARA-TOMY's factories' job easier. There is no way you can interchange stadium covers.
I see. Thank you. Smile
Edit: Dang it. I was trying to edit my last post before getting corrected Unhappy
lol
The black things (or red, in the case of the attack stadium) are locks to keep the top and bottom part of the stadium together. The Zero-G stadiums consist of a bowl and a lid with a hole to shoot beys into and the locks keep the two pieces in place. I can't imagine the stadium being molded from one piece, so that's basically what it is ... locks to keep the stadium intact.
That was all written in the Beywiki article on Beyblade Zero-G, by the way. It is preferable to redirect people to such resources instead of repeating what those sources say.
(May. 25, 2012  4:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote: That was all written in the Beywiki article on Beyblade Zero-G, by the way. It is preferable to redirect people to such resources instead of repeating what those sources say.

What would be great would be a beywiki with a smarter search function so that searches like "Zero-G" would list all Zero-G related articles instead of prompting me to create a Zero-G page. It would also be nice if the actual section on Zero-G stadiums in the main Zero-G article actually mentioned the Defense type stadium, as well, because right now it doesn't. And there's no easy way for me to find the beywiki article on the Zero-G Defense stadium, if even there is one.

I love the WBO wiki, believe me. But it doesn't contain everything I wish it did.

EDIT: 'Zero-G' yields no results. 'Zero-G Stadium', 'Zero-G Stadium Attack Type', 'Zero-G Stadium Defense Type', and variations thereof yield no results. While I commend the active push for Beywiki, it would help greatly if it was easier to look for things. It's hard to link to something when that something isn't easy to find, or worse, nonexistent.
Why would it have to mention the Defense Type at all ? What is written there is good for all Zero-G stadiums, it seems.

I am really uncertain why searching "Zero-G" does not at least list the Beyblade Zero-G article even if it is not an exact compatibility though ... If anybody knows what could fix that, send me a private message immediately, hah.

EDIT : Actually, apparently "zero" is one of the stopwords in MySQL ...
(May. 25, 2012  4:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Why would it have to mention the Defense Type at all ? What is written there is good for all Zero-G stadiums, it seems.
Because it's a wiki article. It should contain all available information. If it doesn't even mention the existence of a Defense type stadium, then it's an incomplete wiki.

Furthermore, the part about the 'three ways to knock out opponents' doesn't hold true for the Defense type stadium. Making the stadium tilt in the Defense type stadium can result in self-exiting the stadium. It's different.

So what's currently written there ISN'T good for all current Zero-G stadiums. Basically, it's outdated information with the release of the Defense type stadium.

Quote:I am really uncertain why searching "Zero-G" does not at least list the Beyblade Zero-G article even if it is not an exact compatibility though ... If anybody knows what could fix that, send me a private message immediately, hah.
This is one of my biggest grievances with the WBO wiki. While I value the information in the WBO wiki over the Beyblade Wikia, the latter has a significantly more powerful search function. One of my favorite sections of the wiki, the WBO track list and bottom list are missing parts, which makes it frustrating for me when I want to learn more about the game. Information of my favorite performance tips such as Metal Flat and Eternal Wide Defense aren't on the bottom list. They're not even mentioned except through abbreviations. The WBO wiki is great and has taught me about the game more than any other place, but it currently has more than a few gaping holes.
(May. 25, 2012  4:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: EDIT : Actually, apparently "zero" is one of the stopwords in MySQL ...
While that may be true, even a simple search for 'Stadium' nets me nothing. That means there's not a single article on any stadium and they're hidden away in other sections. Unhappy

"Stadium" at least gives you page text results, in which you can find the Metal Fight Beyblade article.

Despite its differences, I am quite certain that the fact that titling the stadium can get yourself knocked out as well is true for both stadiums.

The Zero-G Stadium Defense Type will obviously be mentioned at least once on Beywiki, we just do not need to list everything in the Beyblade Zero-G article.

And we of course reiterate that a wiki is a collaborative work, and that if you want an article about a stadium to be added very soon, then you are very welcome to make a good draft yourself, post it in the Beywiki Project forum, and I will look at it as soon as I can.
(May. 25, 2012  5:29 AM)wishwere Wrote: what is the differnce between the normal beyblades and zero g

That has absolutely nothing to do with the Zero-G Stadium Defense Type. You can indeed go look in the Beyblade Zero-G article on Beywiki to find the answer for your question, as we have been discussing.
What do you guys think about my ideas in the last post in the last page.
Even im curious to know what the stadiun is designed to.
Maybe spin??
It's designed for defense types..
It's not rocket science
(May. 24, 2012  5:47 PM)zionson Wrote:
(May. 24, 2012  3:32 PM)Serotonin Wrote:
(May. 23, 2012  11:38 PM)zionson Wrote: Ironically, despite the fact that there's only one pocket, it's fairly easy to stadium out because the bey will tend to be flung out in that direction. But basically if you use an attack type bey in this stadium your chances of self-KO is fairly high.

Really? The Stadium is circular, I can't think why Beys would gravitate towards the pocket more than anywhere else. Looking forward to some feedback on this particular Stadium though.
The stadium isn't strictly circular as there is that one pocket which makes the wobble imbalanced. This means that when it rotates, the tilt will favor the pocket side naturally because of the weight on that side. Also, if you inspect it closely, the curve of the bowl extends beyond the level of the pocket, meaning if a bey were to start climbing up the slope of the bowl with its spin, it will inevitably stadium out because the slope is higher than the hole.

Perhaps pictures will explain it better ...

More anecdotal thoughts: The stadium will also rock significantly if you use a wild bey, just as with the Attack Type stadium, but you risk throwing yourself out a lot more. The slightest "flat" surface in the center of the stadium is practically a safe zone for heavy defense types, and it's difficult for attack beys to push them around. From the get go, using an attack type bey in this arena is a very bad idea because attack types will start climbing the bowl by default and eventually push themselves out. Attack types cannot control the battle by rocking the stadium. Instead, the stadium encourages the use of stamina and defense beys that stay in the middle.

EDIT: Personally, I like the addition of the Zero-G stadiums to the game. It forces you to think beyond the bey. You need to consider the stadium you're building for, not just your opponent. While there's always the random factor due to the movement of the stadium, good blading will result in consistent wins in these new arenas. The easiest decision would be to simply declare them illegal, for sure. But there's something that Zero-G stadiums bring to the game that no new bey design can match. More than ever, you're forced to consider the environment where you're battling and build towards it.

Thanks - great post, very informative and insightful.
So it turns out that I was wrong about a few things, namely that Attack type beys don't perform well in the Defense type stadium. I hosted a Zero-G side event during BeyDay Thunderground yesterday and the winner was a six-year old boy using an MF-F Wing Pegasis 105MF against a seven-year old using Wing Pegasis UW145EWD in the Defense Type stadium (previous rounds were in the Attack Type). These kids beat out older players and experienced bladers and it must be noted that the kids own Zero-G stadiums, so their experience with it clearly gave them an advantage.

With the Defense type stadium, it was entirely possible for an attack type to rock the stadium without stadium out, as long as their spin keeps within the bowl, not climbing higher. In my tests, I was using a Rev Up Launcher, which might have skewed launches to the strong side, causing my attack beys to self-exit the stadium.

The stadium still favors defense type beys as it's harder to knock them out because there's only one pocket, and several matches during the side event -- sixteen players, double elimination so I got to see a lot of games with different players and beys -- went the way of the defense beys in the Defense Type stadium because there's a slim margin for error for attack types to knock out their targets.
So the Beyblades are not necessarily 'attracted' to the side with the exit ?
(May. 28, 2012  2:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So the Beyblades are not necessarily 'attracted' to the side with the exit ?
Not as much as I initially thought, no. If the bey isn't aggressive enough, it'll stay in the stadium and the sway won't be severe enough to send either bey in the direction of the pocket. It still seems harder to manipulate beys towards the pockets as opposed to how chaotic it can get with the Attack Type stadium, though. We'll run another Zero-G side event and monitor the games even more closely. It's a really fun, interesting format.
I think this new stadium is better than Zero G attack stadium