[Product]  BBG-05 Zero-G Light Launcher

There's still a lot of clunky nonsense going on in the part we can see that looks incredibly uncomfortable.
Square your legs, bend down, hold it to your stomach, fire down, your good Grin
(Mar. 15, 2012  12:23 AM)Hazel Wrote: There's still a lot of clunky nonsense going on in the part we can see that looks incredibly uncomfortable.

Nothing worse than the Wind & Shoot Launcher.
(Mar. 15, 2012  12:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2012  12:23 AM)Hazel Wrote: There's still a lot of clunky nonsense going on in the part we can see that looks incredibly uncomfortable.

Nothing worse than the Wind & Shoot Launcher.

If this was intended to mean anything, I'm not sure what it was, exactly. No one uses the wind and shoot launcher, and even more importantly, it is not a product that - at least at present - seems to be the primary intended device.

If the best these products can be is "not worse than wind and shoot", that's a really bad projection to make.

This seems to be the terrible snipe launcher idea with a whole bunch of extra stuff stuck on it for reasons currently unknown.
It was a referrence to your previous post about it being childish, as well as to my post saying that I do not think all we see on that picture is the Zero-G Light Launcher at all, there has got to be at least one other accessory besides the Launcher Grip.
The wind and shoot launcher being childish is, as I just explained, entirely irrelevant, because even in the world of Hasbro-only, it is nothing resembling the primary launching device - or even an advocated one.

"It's not worse than the most terrible product ever made".

Fantastic statement.
You do not understand : what you find childish is probably an accessory that is going to be as secondary as the Wind & Shoot Launcher. Or are you really upset about that vertical launch ?
I do not like vertical launch methods, as my only exposure to them is the Snipe Launcher, which was unpleasant.

and technically, we do not know that this will be secondary... if this goofy looking thing is the only available grip, we'll have to use it.
Visibly not, since there is another grip where the hand is, behind the launcher and the Beyblade, in the image.
You notice though that what we saw before as the compact launcher is not connected to the Zero-G beyblade right? Instead it looks like the compact launcher is attached to the grip-thingy and that the grip thingy is attached to the beyblade.

From this I can only infer that there is a set of gears inside the grip-thingy that is being used to transfer the power from the compact launcher to the bey...
Gears inside the actual grip, to add power you mean?
(Mar. 15, 2012  1:09 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: You notice though that what we saw before as the compact launcher is not connected to the Zero-G beyblade right? Instead it looks like the compact launcher is attached to the grip-thingy and that the grip thingy is attached to the beyblade.

From this I can only infer that there is a set of gears inside the grip-thingy that is being used to transfer the power from the compact launcher to the bey...

... The Zero-G Compact Launcher necessarily only serves to launch the Beyblade directly. It is so small that I doubt what you are describing could work. Plus, that still has nothing to do with the weird part on the left.
Do you not see what appears to be the compact launcher on the upper right? Stuck into the grip-thingy? The beyblade is not connected to the compact launcher, it's connected to the grip-thingy (or weird thing on the left as you say).

Plus, take another look at the image for the compact laucher that I believe we are seeing here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BBG-03-B...#pid887273

There's no prongs, but there are the cylindrical protusions that appear to have teeth on the outside surface. These cylinders could fit over the new Face bolts and launch a Zero-G bey directly (attaching in a similar fashion to the HMS launchers), while in another use-case function as a gear that inter-meshes with the grip-thingy.

I'm not saying I'm right, but I am saying that it is totally possible. I guess we'll find out in 17-20 days, if not sooner...
(Mar. 15, 2012  4:34 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Plus, take another look at the image for the compact laucher that I believe we are seeing here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BBG-03-B...#pid887273

There's no prongs, but there are the cylindrical protusions that appear to have teeth on the outside surface. These cylinders could fit over the new Face bolts and launch a Zero-G bey directly (attaching in a similar fashion to the HMS launchers), while in another use-case function as a gear that inter-meshes with the grip-thingy.

Except that you are not supposed to see the prongs at all in that picture. What you see is speculated to be a Tool on the very launcher, in order to avoid manufacturing Tools separately. The actual prongs would be on that other side that is hidden, in the image ... Stone Faces are more circular than regular Faces now, so TAKARA-TOMY can reasonably only do one Tool shape for both Bottoms and Stone Faces. A list of content for BBG-01 also confirms that there is no Tool included ...
That's a good and valid point. But it still looks like there's a compact launcher attached to the weird thing on the left to me, so my imagination remains what it is. Wink
this launcher seems to be cool

Both holes seem mostly circular from what I can see ... Could you really just screw an octogonal with something round ? Obviously the more sides you have to a shape, the more circular it is itself, but it would not be that easy ...
[/quote]Yes, maybe there is two little peices of plastic sticking out of it. Then one of the coners of the octagon would catch it. Just a guess.

I'll see whether i can by it
I see a lot of truth in what Kai-V said, now...
Who knows, the compact launcher may be the "standard launcher" of Zero G, just like the Light Launcher of MFB...
And, the Light Launcher of Zero G, might be a secondary launcher.
But still, its just speculation after all, haha!

I do not find it uncomfortable by any means, just that it would be a bit tough to get used to, as we have never had such launchers...
The point of it being similar to Snipe Launchers is completely valid, but the reason why it was bad was because it wasn't quite sturdy, which made it switch into the other mode while launching. I am sure that TT would have improved on it, though...

And as Hazel said, I'd be a bit worried to see the compact launcher have an LL2 like ripcord...
Lets hope it isn't such, so that we do not get much recoil from it...
My god my child has been reborn as well I hope its better because the name sniper is fading away since I lost my M145.
EDIT : Well, the official picture :

[Image: zeroglightlauncher.jpg]

So, the only thing this video shows that is new is about the Zero-G Light Launcher :

But start at 88 seconds :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNNmsQGlf5c#t=88s

It indeed includes that cylinder grip ... Still, my only possible complaint about that is that perhaps a cylinder is not the best for grip, it could have been more molded, like previous grips in Beyblade. Obviously you can attach a Launcher Grip to it for a slightly different grip though.

And no, no Zero-G Compact Launcher there, just like I thought.
Thanks for the update, Kai-V.

Well, even this has a LL2-like rip cord?! Noooo!!!!
And yes, the cylinder is probably not the best kind of grip. But well, it has those grooves and ridges on it, which would probably resolve the issue, I guess.

The Light Launcher doesn't seem to suffer from recoil like the LL2, as the man who launched the bey to demonstrate the Light Launcher's use, seemed quite comfortable...

Also, that last part talked about a new chapter in MFB... What are we to believe now?!
Fair enough, but it does have gears inside to transfer the power in a different direction - just like I thought.
(Mar. 15, 2012  3:06 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Thanks for the update, Kai-V.

Well, even this has a LL2-like rip cord?! Noooo!!!!
And yes, the cylinder is probably not the best kind of grip. But well, it has those grooves and ridges on it, which would probably resolve the issue, I guess.

The Light Launcher doesn't seem to suffer from recoil like the LL2, as the man who launched the bey to demonstrate the Light Launcher's use, seemed quite comfortable...

Also, that last part talked about a new chapter in MFB... What are we to believe now?!

Ah, that's a good point! I wonder if they fixed the skipping issues too.

The part that connects to the grip looks similar to the MFB one, except for the obstruction in the middle and four notches on the outside.
Verticle launching eh? Now I can do beyblade excercises...verticle and horizontal launches, haha