[Product]  BB-88 Meteo L Drago LW105LF

(Sep. 14, 2010  10:59 AM)Diamond Wrote: And yes. It is now confirmed that Meteo L Drago can switch modes. The gold sections of the Wheel are for "Strong/Powerful Strike Mode"(?) while the silver sections are for "Multi-Hit Mode":
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4276/62845645.jpg
As far as I know, they are still called "Assault" and "Roll"/"Barrage", like I wrote in the BB-98 topic.
(Sep. 18, 2010  4:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote: As far as I know, they are still called "Assault" and "Roll"/"Barrage", like I wrote in the BB-98 topic.
According to the Coro Coro scan, one of the modes is named "連打モード" which is also the exact name that Takara Tomy gave to the "Multi-Hit Mode" of Lightning L Drago.

So I would assume that the "連打モード" of Meteo L Drago should be named as "Multi-Hit Mode" too? :\

EDIT:The official images from TT that shows the name of the modes:
Lightning L Drago
Meteo L Drago
(Sep. 18, 2010  5:29 PM)Diamond Wrote: According to the Coro Coro scan, one of the modes is named "連打モード" which is also the exact name that Takara Tomy gave to the "Multi-Hit Mode" of Lightning L Drago.

So I would assume that the "連打モード" should be properly named as "Multi-Hit Mode"(?). :\

EDIT:The official images from TT that shows the name of the modes:
Lightning L Drago
Meteo L Drago
OK for "Multi-Hit mode", but the other should be "Assault mode".
(Sep. 18, 2010  5:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote: but the other should be "Assault mode".
I'm totally fine with that, since I was not even sure about the name when I first posted it, haha.
(Sep. 18, 2010  4:25 PM)Kyo Crisis Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2010  4:00 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Oki said this has quite a bit of recoil, so I doubt it could be a defence wheel.

EDIT: With the use of a plastic flat, Meteo L drago will lose spin faster than the opponent so that should be fine, unless it faces an attack type which it should outspin if it's on a plastic flat.

Completely just personal opinion here though.

What about RF which will lose spin even faster than a plastic flat? Or another rubber based tip

RF gives too much movement, so it won't be able to have enough contact with the other bey to effectively steal spin. The extra friction on the stadium probably wouldn't help either. I find RF to also lose balance really easily so I think it's best to stick to a plastic flat bottom, probably HF.

EDIT: hah, thanks Daegor
(Sep. 18, 2010  11:41 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I find RF to also lose balance really easily so I think it's best to stick to a flat bottom, probably HF.

RF is a flat bottom?
(Sep. 18, 2010  3:59 PM)stamina dude Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2010  6:47 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2010  5:54 AM)Kyo Crisis Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2010  4:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2010  4:00 AM)countdudoo Wrote: For once, Hasbro's launchers are good things.
What ?

I suppose he means the ripcords. The shorter ripcord will make it launch slower than the opposing bey, so the zombie effect should still work, to an extent.

The spin stealing ability will work regardless whether it's launched at full power or with a weak launch, it's not one or the other.
in my opinion a weaker launch might give it an advantage.on youtube,in every battle where meteo l drago was launched by hand it won.but there was a video on youtube that showed meteo l drago's weakness.l drago was launched using a launcer,and the second bey was launched by hand.l drago lost.so it seems the spin stealing can work either way.but the beyblade with higher rpm kinda propells the other one in battles using meteo l drago.

That's what I've been trying to say, and people seem to forget that since Meteo is stealing spin from the opponent that the opponent will be mirroring Meteo and doing the exact same, if you were to fight a left spin combo against a right spin beyblade which ever combo was launched with the lower RPM will be feeding off of the other whether it was the left spin OR right spin launched with a lower RPM; spin stealing will always occur between a right spin beyblade and a left spin beyblade.

While Meteo does seem to be able to steal spin there are wheels which are almost/perfectly round which can and are proven to effectively absorb spin such as Virgo and Earth.
@ Daegor, I meant to write plastic. Hah my bad, I'll fix it up now.
Meteo LDrago CH120WD VS Burn Bull DF145WD

Conditions:
Meteo LDrago in Assault Mode, 120 height
MFB Attack Stadium
Beylauncher and Beylauncher L
Alternating shots
Burn Bull launched first
All KOs and Draws are re-done
Bottom Switch after Round 10

Results:
Meteo LDrago CH120WD: 15 Wins (75%)
Burn Bull DF145WD: 5 Wins (25%)

Detailed Results (Click to View)

I guess the bottom switch killed it...
The amount of recoil that Meteo LDrago has is pretty high. I had to redo every match because of KOs. Also, LDrago won just by one rotation or less, and lots of times there were draws. Nevertheless, the spin-stealing feature works very well.

(Sep. 18, 2010  4:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote: In most videos where it was launched by hand, Meteo L Drago just seems like the tie-maker for me, hah.

This is what I think as well...
The rubber just levels out the spin between it and the opposing bey, instead of making itself faster than the other.
To me it seems like Meteo L-Drago is more of an equalizer than a spin-stealer. This is only a theory though.
Uhm. The string for the BeyLauncher-L that came with Meteo is longer than both my first BeyLauncher-L and my regular BeyLauncher...
(Sep. 19, 2010  7:38 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Uhm. The string for the BeyLauncher-L that came with Meteo is longer than both my first BeyLauncher-L and my regular BeyLauncher...

mine too 2cm longer than Lightning's BeyLauncher-L
There is no way that stealing the opponents spin would make it faster than the opponent anyway. You can only go as fast as the other blade. This brings up another question: Is it aggresive enough that the other, weakened blade doesn't steal it's spin during the moment that it makes impact?
Sadly, no, bb18libra sorta brought this up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt1srPhkf...re=channel
(Sep. 19, 2010  8:07 AM)AkirasDaddy Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2010  7:38 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Uhm. The string for the BeyLauncher-L that came with Meteo is longer than both my first BeyLauncher-L and my regular BeyLauncher...

Proving our point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOfOiJA0M...ture=feedu
(Sep. 19, 2010  8:34 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote:

Proving our point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOfOiJA0M...ture=feedu

Same amount of revolutions?

EDIT: Sorry, my eyes were playing tricks on me. I see it's got half a revolution more now.

Wow, this is pretty neat. Now I really can't resist buying one, haha...

Thanks for the update Oki and AkirasDaddy!
Anyone know when you will be able to get Meteo L-drago from hjl?
Look on the site. It tells you all the info there if you look for it. If it doesn't tell you then the answer to your question probably isn't known. Also you can order items up to several months in advance to make sure you get them earlier which I did with Meteo L drago.
Yea I know. I was asking when you could buy it from hjl. I didnt pre order it.
You can't order it now.
YES I KNOW THAT! I was asking if anyone knew when they would get more.
I don't know if it's just having another latepass, but can you launch this beyblade with just your hands?
You can spin any bey with your hands, its just to show the beys spin stealing abilities.
According to bb18libra's video 2cm makes a noticeable difference.
Oh, sorry for double post thought it would add on to it :l
Was this posted? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwynEBPJZ...ture=feedu