[Product]  BB-61/62/63 Grip Rubber Red/Black/White

December 26th, 2009. 315 yen each.
About damn time Takara.
Agh! Finally. Man I missed out on a lot of these new upcoming blades.
(Oct. 16, 2009  5:00 AM)Khel Wrote: About damn time Takara.

^this

I might aswell buy all 3 colours and just swap them round when i get sick of a colour or they get dirty what ever happens first.
Ah carp... Suppose I'll have to get a pack of these, but I'm really comfortable with my own rubber grip being honest.
(Oct. 16, 2009  5:00 AM)Khel Wrote: About damn time Takara.

mte
Definatley getting RED >Gasp
Finally, some grip accessories.
Wil there be beylauncher with these colours to ?
you can already get a red or black beylauncher
Getting Blackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
Just a waste of money...
(Nov. 03, 2009  9:40 PM)Kronin87 Wrote: Just a waste of money...

anyone who has ever used the HMS Customize Grip with a rubber grip knows that it is really useful
Useful, not indispensable, but still do not understand why we should buy something you can do or recover at home at no cost °.°

There are some hasbro or takara employee here in WBO?
Because i don't understand why we can not use the hell you want as a grip...
(Nov. 03, 2009  9:57 PM)Kronin87 Wrote: Useful, not indispensable, but still do not understand why we should buy something you can do or recover at home at no cost °.°

There are some hasbro or takara employee here in WBO?
Because i don't understand why we can not use the hell you want as a grip...

Because it gives an unfair advantage to players who have a better ability to build things themselves. It's also a matter of "slippery slope", e.g. unless we specifically declare weight, size limits, etc, we're giving too much flexibility. If you give an inch, people will take it a mile, so it's best to not give an inch at all.
I know, but i do not understand how a grip can heavily influence the outcome of a match... I think a size limit can be enough for such a thing.
(Nov. 03, 2009  10:24 PM)Kronin87 Wrote: I know, but i do not understand how a grip can heavily influence the outcome of a match... I think a size limit can be enough for such a thing.

Anything that gives an unfair advantage to a player is considered.

That being said, I'm no longer in charge of the rules; I've seen some Japanese players use homemade rubber grips, but I don't know if that will continue to be allowed after this.
I think in this way Beyblade will be considered only ever a game for children, even though it could well be compared to various types of dynamic models [such as Mini 4WD].

Small concessions and exceptions in rules could help in this. For example, different regulations of dynamic models include two categories: Stock, without adding anything too different from those that sell, and Open with fewer restrictions.
But this is definitely off topic...
(Nov. 03, 2009  10:38 PM)Kronin87 Wrote: I think in this way Beyblade will be considered only ever a game for children, even though it could well be compared to various types of dynamic models [such as Mini 4WD].

Beyblade is not Mini 4WD. If you want Mini 4WD, play that game.
Is a stupid answer. Mine was just an example and a suggestion, and beyblade died a few years ago mainly because it has been tagged as "children's game" and not as dinamic modeling.
It didn't die because it was a children's game, it died because Takara stopped releasing new products in announcing the hiatus.
beyblade isnt dead theres proof of that but is mostly aimed at kids i admit but theres still people like us who enjoy it and i agree with ♥ about takara
... No, it died because the toy range did the same thing that just about all toy ranges do, it lived out it's life.
New crazes come along every year and it only becomes a matter of time before a new, more interesting toy range replaces the one a child was previously interested in.
Beyblade was never marketed as dynamic modeling, because it isn't dynamic modeling.
Beyblade is a child's plaything, nothing more.

We've only made it more because we have a deeper level of understanding of the game than was necessarily expected from its target audience.
(Nov. 04, 2009  10:14 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: We've only made it more because we have a deeper level of understanding of the game than was necessarily expected from its target audience.

This is correct! Just this greater understanding of the game, this deep understanding, makes a game more than just a game.
I do not understand why we should vilify thus stifling any creative outlet that would give the game a long life and a maturity far greater. And of course, I am referring not only to grip XD

[my English is not good as my Italian and effort to translate some words and idioms that are complex even in my language]
But to assert that it died because it was labelled a "children's game" is wrong, because that is not the case.

Yes, Beyblade's key demographic is children, and that's where it garners most success if I'm honest. As Flight has implied, we make up a miniscule portion of Takara Tomy's consumer market - Beyblade was a success which eventually faded, but not because of its proposed market, but because of society's continual demand for the new. I believe that Beyblade would equally have died even if it was classified as this "dyanmic modelling", because the support was cut directly from the company behind it; Mini 4WD still has regular product releases to maintain interest.

To answer the initial proposal more directly, I think the beauty of Beyblade is working within limitations; the entire idealogy behind the line is "customisation" of the Beyblade; there is quite frankly no necessity to have an open format where we make our own parts, because that would be defeating that very concept.

Edit : Awfully sorry to have derailed this thread completely; I will be buying all three colours of the Rubber Grip.

Never owned the HMS Rubber Grip for my Neo Customise Grip actually, and it just looked like it made it significantly bigger. I have quite small hands actually, but I think these will be useful, because the Launcher Grip is quite uncomfortable for me.