[Product]  BB-58 Beylauncher Suspension

Thanks for the awesome review Crimson :]. I actually figured I dont need it at all after reading this.
Good review. Sounds like a good addition if you're competitive.
Whoops, disregard that one point I made.
it IS compatible with Beylauncher L, it just requires a bit more fiddling around, due to the larger handle. But it DOES eventually get into place.
Sweet, I ordered one last week, hope it gets here soon. I hope to have a few more for sale too :3
if anyone needs it, it's you, hiro
SWEET LOOKS BEAST !
cool now you wont have to replace your lunchers as often.
How about you look up some pictures?
how much longer does the suspension increase the beylaunchers life
Variable depending on how much you use it, it still won't save the prongs from snapping (which is one of the main causes of beylauncher death), or the string not retracting.
The only thing this really prevents is handle snapping and dented knuckles.
So this arrived the other day ...

I'm not particularly sure how to get a full power launch from this given that the spring length is so minimal; there is a slight cushion effect, but upon pulling at full strength the entire launcher jerks backwards anyway.

Am I doing it wrong?
Have you tried a horizontal launch?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkTKxoD0UU8&feature=sub

I guess this is showing the effectiveness of the suspension.
I use it horizontally, gripping the handle and just doing a quick jolt back.
It works pretty well for me, but maybe I'm just weak? ( vTongue_out_winkv )

It took me a while to actually get comfortable with pulling back hard, since I was so afraid of breaking the thing.
I guess it might not be quite AS powerful as "Vertical and releasing the handle" just because it's possible to pull the handle faster when you're releasing it.

I dunno, I guess it probably differs from person to person. It works for me and is keeping my beylauncher unbroken so I'm pretty happy with it.

Edit: Well, I just sat on my floor and bladed for a bit.
And I was getting quite a bit of power, I'm not that sure what to say.
Well it definitely looks like an improvement from not releasing it and not using a suspension. It appears to be getting around the same amount of power as a regular pull and release shot.

I'll post my impressions of it when I get mine.
I got my my suspension/metal face set. I don't know about the TT release, but the plastic that houses the spring is a bit tight and causes much friction. This results in a tight fit some difficulty of use. I have been breaking it in.
(Mar. 04, 2010  2:25 PM)The LVJ Wrote: I got my my suspension/metal face set. I don't know about the TT release, but the plastic that houses the spring is a bit tight and causes much friction. This results in a tight fit some difficulty of use. I have been breaking it in.

I have the same problems.
Right so I've had this for about a day or so, but have used it a fair bit. I think I can post my impression on it now.

The Beylauncher suspension is a very useful accessory for all bladers who use the beylauncher with any sort of frequency. It is unfortunate that this had to be developed, but at least it alleviates one of the problems the beylauncher had.

It is possible to achieve a full power shot with this accessory on, but might require some adjusting in the method you shoot. The key is getting past that initial inhibition of pulling too hard. The spring in the suspension has a high tension, but has enough tolerance to get the job done. The handle on the suspension is great; if you have adult sized hands this is much more ergonomic.

To use it effectively one must pull the cord quickly and with a lot of force to the point where the cord ends and you just begin to fell the tension of the spring. I've noticed that a natural grip on the handles is enough and gripping tightly is not necessary. Just hard enough to not accidentally let go of them. Pushing the launcher in the opposite direction as one would do in a sliding shot technique helps increase power as well.

Personally I've found I had to change the position on the launcher grip. Previously I would pull horizontally, and while I can still get full power in that method I find pulling vertically (backwards) is more comfortable when using the suspension. This will vary per person, but it's important to try the different positions and be aware it might be different than what you used without the suspension.

My only concern that I had when I first got this was whether or not the extra tension on the internal launcher mechanism might cause it to fail. So far I have not heard incidents of this, and am guessing that hasn't been a problem. Overall I think this is a definite buy.
(Mar. 14, 2010  1:50 AM)Khel Wrote: To use it effectively one must pull the cord quickly and with a lot of force to the point where the cord ends and you just begin to fell the tension of the spring. I've noticed that a natural grip on the handles is enough and gripping tightly is not necessary. Just hard enough to not accidentally let go of them. Pushing the launcher in the opposite direction as one would do in a sliding shot technique helps increase power as well.
Yeah, I learned this pretty fast, sometimes I accidentally let go of the handle when I'm at the end of the pull.

(Mar. 14, 2010  1:50 AM)Khel Wrote: I find pulling vertically (backwards) is more comfortable when using the suspension.
This is how I use it, and I find it really comfortable.
Khel, if you get some time, would you mind adapting some of this info for a section in the BeyLauncher article?
Sure, but what were you looking for me to add to that? Wouldn't the suspension get it's own article? Or is it going to be a sub-section?
(Mar. 15, 2010  5:59 AM)Khel Wrote: Sure, but what were you looking for me to add to that? Wouldn't the suspension get it's own article? Or is it going to be a sub-section?

Sub-section; I don't see why it would need a separate article, if you're reading the BeyLauncher article you'll likely want to know about the suspension as well.
okey dokey. I'll do it when I find a couple of minutes.
lets hope hasbro has fixed the bey launcher enough so theres not need for this when the hasbro versions come out in Spring/Fall