[Product]  BB-43 Lightning L-Drago 100HF

theflightyellz might have it right but looking at the picture just makes me so bloody curious. It looks like they have changed the wheel quite a bit and I don't want to wait a month to find out either.
(Jun. 06, 2009  7:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [Image: LightningLDrago_Blank.jpg]

Do not start speculating crazily though ...

lol this could be anything XD But at least we have something for this release unlike this month's releases... we still hardly have any info on them.
[Image: LightningLDrago_Manga.jpg]

Perhaps it is only me, but the Clear Wheel seems very large compared to previous Clear Wheels ...
Well that looks interesting.

Either the metal wheel is really small, or the clear wheel is larger. Or I am completely missing the point with that picture.
It's a tad confusing, without colour, to try and figure out exactly what part is the clear wheel, and what part is the metal wheel.

I do agree that the clear wheel seems very large, (But as Lightning is the only Metal Wheel it'll work with, I guess they made its shape to specifically go together with the metal wheel)
it looks like a ..... old witch with a huge nose? XD
[Image: witch.jpg]

JJ, the blade looks really kool.
(Jun. 07, 2009  3:14 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [Image: LightningLDrago_Manga.jpg]

Perhaps it is only me, but the Clear Wheel seems very large compared to previous Clear Wheels ...

Yes! Finally a pic of Lightning L Drago (L. L Drago? Confused). The clear wheel does seem a lot larger. It even appears to slightly extend over the metal wheel in some areas. I'm pretty excited for this though, the clear wheel and metal wheel look quite different from the ones we've been seeing lately...relatively round, and similar shapes. It's good that this is something fresh and new.

It doesn't seem confusing to me at all. It's pretty clear what part of it is the metal wheel and what part of the clear wheel.
How weird. Looks really cool though.
plastic covering the metal spikes

I wonder how that will perform in battle.

I could have completely the wrong idea, but to me it looks like the clear wheel and metal wheel are connected... As in, it'll be treated like a single part.
EDIT: Just realized the clear wheel ends with the dragons head.
This thing looks ridiculous, that clear wheel will be coming in to contact with the metal points of other wheels...
To make the metal come in to contact with another wheel, you'd have to put it on a higher track.
Is the general assumption that the Metal Wheel is the part that will be left spin? I hope you can use normal clear wheels with it......I wanna test out those ramps. :3 That is, if the Metal Wheel is normal sized and the clear part is just oversized and not the other way around. I imagine it will be that way around?

At least it looks like the clear wheels might come into play more now?

Holy carp it looks so sweet! Eee The clear wheel also looks larger than the others to me. :s
(Jun. 07, 2009  3:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is how it appears to me :
[Image: LightningLDrago_MangaClearWheel.jpg]

That's exactly how I saw it too. I don't understand how that's confusing.
(Jun. 07, 2009  4:04 PM)Rocky Wrote: Is the general assumption that the Metal Wheel is the part that will be left spin? I hope you can use normal clear wheels with it......I wanna test out those ramps. :3 That is, if the Metal Wheel is normal sized and the clear part is just oversized and not the other way around. I imagine it will be that way around?

At least it looks like the clear wheels might come into play more now?
I am unsure, but I think that both the Clear and Metal Wheels determine whether it is left or right spin. At the moment, Lightning L Drago is probably left-left, and I have difficulty imagining how the L Drago Clear Wheel could be comfortably interchangeable with other Clear Wheels, even in left spin. On another note, Storm Pegasis should be right-right, from what I understood.

You cannot have a right-spin Clear Wheel with a left-spin Metal Wheel though, for instance.
Well damn that sucks, I was really hoping it wouldn't be that way. Unhappy I need to go have a look at my HWS stuff, I can't really remember but I didn't thing there was anything specific about the Clear Parts that would have stopped their compatibility with the left spin Metal Wheels ........there wasn't any plastic near the metal parts that stops the right spin prongs was there? D:

Excuse my badly set out points/questions/thoughts, I'm multi-tasking (badly) and I don't have my beyblades at the moment. >.>
(Jun. 07, 2009  4:41 PM)Rocky Wrote: Well damn that sucks, I was really hoping it wouldn't be that way. Unhappy I need to go have a look at my HWS stuff, I can't really remember but I didn't thing there was anything specific about the Clear Parts that would have stopped their compatibility with the left spin Metal Wheels ........there wasn't any plastic near the metal parts that stops the right spin prongs was there? D:

Excuse my badly set out points/questions/thoughts, I'm multi-tasking (badly) and I don't have my beyblades at the moment. >.>
I do not have any Hybrid Wheel beyblade yet. What I got from this topic though, is that not only are current Clear Wheels not left-spin compatible, but neither are current Metal Wheels. Perhaps I misunderstood.
Argh, I need to get home and see where the clear wheel sits in that picture. Pinching_eyes_2 I believe it's correct that the current Metal Wheels were not left spin capable but I was hoping that the Clear Wheels would be okay.....it depends on whether they have a specific space for that piece of metal or not.
Clear wheels aren't left spin compatible. There's a small tab of plastic on the opposite side to the metal tab on the metal wheel, which would stop a left spin metal wheel being placed on to it.
Should be able to see them quite clearly here:
[Image: leonewheel.th.jpg]
Make sure to full view it. Might be useful to add to the beywiki actually.
Judging from the pics;

- Clear wheel is unique to Lightning wheel? Perhaps it means no other left spin blades for some time...
- The wheel is small or the clear wheel is very large
- If the former, then most likely be lighter than other (HWS) wheels.
- the drawing is actually pretty realistic... if compared to theflightyellz pic, the size is roughly the same.

I'm looking forward to performance tests of this.
Well damn.

Also, thinking about it more, how will that Clear Wheel go with any other Metal Face? Like, even other left spin capable wheels? Maybe all the left spin wheels will be rather similiar to this in structure, at lest with similiar ramps so that the clear wheels are compatible?

We're all making assumptions off a drawing here, surely the designers have used common sense to realise that have plastic pertruding in a metal series of beyblades is really dumb XD., but yes as others have said, it's pretty obvious this clear wheel wont be compatable with other blades, but who knows. From what i'm imagining the clear wheel will be reflective of that shape, but probably a bit smaller.... Man i wish they would release photos early for us XD
I think that drawing should be pretty damn accurate really. I imagine Takafumi-san probably measured it to a certain extent to get it looking like the beyblades he's been given.

Damn I'm envious of him right now.
(Jun. 07, 2009  5:36 PM)Rocky Wrote: Well damn.

Also, thinking about it more, how will that Clear Wheel go with any other Metal Face? Like, even other left spin capable wheels? Maybe all the left spin wheels will be rather similiar to this in structure, at lest with similiar ramps so that the clear wheels are compatible?
Assuming you meant metal wheel as apposed to metal face, chances are that the only left spin blade we'll have will be the L-Drago series, in the same way that Dragoon was the only left spin of the plastic series.
Can't think of it being any other way, they wouldn't make parts so drastically different from other blades in the series unless those parts were only intended to be used together.