[Product]  BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D

got my Phantom Orion BGrin...

and as expected you cannot expect much from the BGrin out of the box...
my spin time on a beylauncher with launcher rubber is within the 5 minute margin...
but as i spin it more often it gets results of additional 5-10 seconds after quite some time playing...

probably this needs to be breaked in (stress test) to make the solo spins longer...
I'm pretty sure that the angle itself should help defense, as well as the unique workings of the tip but the tip will likely be a major part of it. With basalt, it will indeed default to that position but it may need a little help getting there early enough to counter those all important first attacks. Still, Basalt will be a lot of what gives this defensive capabilities, B:D is only there for stamina and balance (at all angles).
I would recommend not using Basalt off the bat with B: D if anyone has the intention of breaking it in. Due to the off center weight, one of my B: D actually rattles more now. Would recommend something like Scythe instead which is more balanced. It doesn't seem to affect performance for now and hopefully not in the future.

Janstarblast
Actually I feel the effects differ slightly. Since the WD like tip is stationary, that's where the trait comes in since its spinning independently from the rest of the bey. It ll just slide to the ridge and rolls back down.
I have a problem, how do we know if lots you people are launching it right? I mean a variety of people have gotten 7 minutes I don't see why some of you guy's ARE having problems stop complaining.
Atleast we have a bearing some of you guys are acting all disappointing because it doesn't spin for 7 minutes for some of you.. what if TT hadn't told us it spins for 7 minutes?
wouldn't we still be astonished?
it certainly does better than the stamina tips we have ATM...
Phantom is no joke either as Oki said(thanks for that BTW)
All I'm saying is that for those of you complaining that it doesn't spin for 7 mins stop acting like 4 year olds...
Atleast it does well
(I realize that technically no one is complaining but the way they're shooting down Orion is just annoying)
(Sep. 23, 2011  1:00 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: I would recommend not using Basalt off the bat with B: D if anyone has the intention of breaking it in. Due to the off center weight, one of my B: D actually rattles more now. Would recommend something like Scythe instead which is more balanced. It doesn't seem to affect performance for now and hopefully not in the future.

I considered this and I suspect you're right. B:D should be worn in with the least amount of pressure possible put on it and certainly not the off balanced pressure basalt applies. Perhaps light wheels may have a use here.
(Sep. 23, 2011  1:00 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: I would recommend not using Basalt off the bat with B: D if anyone has the intention of breaking it in. Due to the off center weight, one of my B: D actually rattles more now. Would recommend something like Scythe instead which is more balanced. It doesn't seem to affect performance for now and hopefully not in the future.

Janstarblast
Actually I feel the effects differ slightly. Since the WD like tip is stationary, that's where the trait comes in since its spinning independently from the rest of the bey. It ll just slide to the ridge and rolls back down.

Well, I just shared my views. Smile Of course you know better as you own it, and you even tested it. Smile
Also, that is bad news. Basalt + B: D had kept everyone's hopes high. If B: D suffers such damage, then I am quite disappointed.
Basalt B:D will be fine. It's just not something you should test too often, like Basalt CS.
(Sep. 23, 2011  7:31 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: So I've been playing around with Phantom for a little but and it seems to be better than both Earth and Scythe in stamina. I haven't had time to do formal testing, but hopefully this weekend I will.

Interesting! That likely means it is better than Basalt as well. I look forward to your testing.
Not really. It may outperform Basalt in stamina but it definitely won't in defense.
(Sep. 23, 2011  2:59 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

Janstarblast

Well, I just shared my views. Smile Of course you know better as you own it, and you even tested it. Smile
Also, that is bad news. Basalt + B: D had kept everyone's hopes high. If B: D suffers such damage, then I am quite disappointed.
What i meant was, if you wanna season the bearings first, use some other MW. Basalt might just kill the BGrin due to the weight imbalance. You can use it later on though I suppose this is entirely up to you.
I hope those bearings work. But For the moment Phantom is slugging the minutes out. I know how everyone is hyped by the bearings and stuff, but i really feel like it is thanks to Phantom that B: D is performing well. I want to see more tests in the future of Phantom. Because the weight is really focused on the outside and nearlly nothing in the middle. And if we add GB145 Think it will make also killer times to.
For Me phantom has proven to show good stamina. with all the weight on the outer part of the bey the stamina is increased. i did some tests with phantom orion b:d vs scythe aquario th170d. phantom orion won them all. then i switched the bottoms so it was phantom th170d vs scythe BGrin. phantom again won all of them.

i think if u were going to use th170/230 D/WD/EWD than BGrin would be a better choice. the tip of BGrin and D/WD are Just About The Same from my perspective so it shouldnt be any easier to Ko. u also get close to the same height as th170/230. BGrin is able to recover from hits better than D/WD and in my opinion acts like a non aggresive CS where When CS is hit it go's to the edge of the stadium before the rubber touches and then it doesnt circle the stadium like RF, but it swurves right back into the center for a strong hit. though BGrin cant deliver as strong hits, it swurves back into the center do to the free spinning tip.

With Basalt i do beleive there may be better choices but i think BGrin shows some potential there. I do beleive it should be broken in before using it but i dont beleive it will break BGrin if u dont. I Have Also Found, What Many People Didnt Think Would Happen, Is that BGrin with basalt Possibly has The Life After Death Ability. Heres a Video i posted Showing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAN07_t2w...ideo_title
(Sep. 23, 2011  8:28 PM)stevebak Wrote: And if we add GB145 Think it will make also killer times to.
GB145 doesn't really add much stamina to a bey, it was used as a defense part before BD145, 230, etc.
Anyways, I'm gonna order this very soon, and expect SOME testing from me Smile
(Sep. 23, 2011  4:52 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: Actually, after doing the tests, the angled shots do produce a defensive trait although, it still leaves a huge opening for Basalt to KO.

Is this what were you referring to BBS? If yes, this does work with Basalt and it happens naturally even at straight shots (as battle progress)
Yes, that is what I meant.

Your drawing sense is very correct.

Meh, sorry for more than likely SPAMming this topic with this question, but:
Has B:D been tested for weak shooting by anyone as of now? Seeing as it has the same basic shape as WD, I think it could have a chance, no?
Or does this go in B:D discussion?
Should not we be testing a normal shot for now?
(Sep. 23, 2011  9:56 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Should not we be testing a normal shot for now?
True, but I was just asking Tongue_out
I had pre-ordered this from ToyWiz, and it has yet to come. :c

I'll be glad to help with testing once it arrives. Smile
I think theirs a difference in Phantoms???
(Sep. 24, 2011  4:15 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: I think theirs a difference in Phantoms???

i think he modded one of the phantoms. i heard u can switch some things out. im not sure though
(Sep. 24, 2011  4:15 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: I think theirs a difference in Phantoms???

It's a discrepancy in the B:D, actually, according to the comments. One of the posters mentioned this guy unboxing and mentioning that his two B:Ds were slightly different in performance.
Fury: the idea of Basalt B:D having life after death capabilities makes sense as when stationary the uneven weight will cause it to fall back to the original position but if it has even a little spin it could be enough to keep it making full rotations.
Fury- Well, that video does show Life After Death capabilities of Basalt B: D, but it seems like its unreliable... Or maybe it was because you hand-spun it. Um, may you do a full power launch and then take a video? If you don't wanna make a LONG video, just take the video of the ending part.
About the capabilities of B: D is Defense as you describe it, it is comparable to CS, and even DS IMO. Both show similar movement patterns. But, where does it place?-
CS > DS > B: D OR
CS > B: D > DS OR
B: D > CS > DS
I had to post this: LeeDraciel gets all credit, he posted it in the BeyFest III Thread but here you can see it all

Tilted soooooo much, but still on the edge of the straw. Amazing.