[Product]  BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D

Well, 'free-spinning tip' ain't a correct defintion of B: D IMO. A free-spinning shaft is more correct. As a free spinning tip refers to those Eternal tips. Tongue_out
@BBS- Well yes, the comparison with a car is not quite clear in my head, but I do understand your point.
You are looking at the control loss if there is more traction, right? By any means, were you referring to Dracomageat, as he(actually ControL_) compares XF to WD? Are you trying to say that the increased traction would result in control loss just like when using an attack combo?
Correct me if I am wrong.
Pcyborg Wrote:But isn't B: D a free spinning tip and doesn't that leave the other side wide opened for an upper when angled?
Pcyborg- Well, I wouldn't say that you are 'wrong' about this point as I do not know much about Bearing Cores/Tips/SGs. But I think that this usually occurs with the Eternal tips, particularly ES whose bad balance and free spinning tip tends to incline the bey a bit. As ES has problems retaining its balance again, it stays inclined for almost the rest of the battle. <<off topic.
(Sep. 20, 2011  6:53 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, 'free-spinning tip' ain't a correct defintion of B: D IMO. A free-spinning shaft is more correct. As a free spinning tip refers to those Eternal tips. :P

Is the very tip of B:D not free spinning ? It was in my memory. Unless its core is really attached to the bearing and it just seems free-spinning if the bearing core is acting ?
Janstarblast
The only free spinning shaft I know off (literally) is that of Driger F.

Regardless, I've gotten the bey today. Tested on FIRST RUN, approximately 5 mins 42 second. Another guy I know, is only 4 mins (approximately).

I'm guessing the bearings have yet to break in as expected (like previous bearing bey). I'll test the solo spin time again tomorrow. Busy testing em now.

(Sep. 20, 2011  1:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2011  6:53 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, 'free-spinning tip' ain't a correct defintion of B: D IMO. A free-spinning shaft is more correct. As a free spinning tip refers to those Eternal tips. Tongue_out

Is the very tip of BGrin not free spinning ? It was in my memory. Unless its core is really attached to the bearing and it just seems free-spinning if the bearing core is acting ?
It is, but what is it called? The shaft as Janstartblast suggested?

To Janstarblast, when there would be more side friction, especially on that shaft, there would just be overall more control. That is, at least compared to it spinning on the shaft's sharpest point.
(Sep. 20, 2011  1:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2011  6:53 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, 'free-spinning tip' ain't a correct defintion of B: D IMO. A free-spinning shaft is more correct. As a free spinning tip refers to those Eternal tips. Tongue_out

Is the very tip of BGrin not free spinning ? It was in my memory. Unless its core is really attached to the bearing and it just seems free-spinning if the bearing core is acting ?
Just watched the Akira's Daddy video, and it seems as if the whole bottom is free spinning, not just the tip of the bottom.
Are you referring to the whole B:D? That would be impossible unless there is a bearing oustide for B:D's shell to spin..
I can confirm the entire bottom (not B:D as a whole, just the part that makes contact with the stadium) is free-spinning, not just the tip. (Mine came in the mail today).
Man, mine is coming on Friday and I am seat-edged.

How is it comparing to something as EDS?
(Sep. 20, 2011  11:26 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Are you referring to the whole BGrin? That would be impossible unless there is a bearing oustide for BGrin's shell to spin..
No I was referring to just the performance tip part. Although I think I may have gotten something confused, when you guys said that the tip was free spinning, I thought you were talking about something like EDS. Where the very tip was free spinning. But now that I re-read everything I think I just argued the same thing you were saying XD

*re-re-read and I think I was right the first time lol.
(Sep. 21, 2011  2:05 AM)Cyber Blader Wrote: I can confirm the entire bottom (not BGrin as a whole, just the part that makes contact with the stadium) is free-spinning, not just the tip. (Mine came in the mail today).
Isnt that rather obvious? Chocked_2.

This is not the first bearing based part to be released... (beyblade in general..)

Quote:To Janstarblast, when there would be more side friction, especially on that shaft, there would just be overall more control. That is, at least compared to it spinning on the shaft's sharpest point.
Why would you want to tilt it? Its free spinning. You're gonna grind the shaft against the enclosure and its gonna lose spin. How is spinning too fast for a bearing based part makes it lose control? From what is said, I can only imagine this occurring on fixed tip.

I can understand if its a WD on a fixed part, but for B: D, it doesnt work that way. Tilting it to one side will just give the opponent an opening to either upper on one site or hit the MW for a KO. You'd basically want a straight shot for this. I mean, no matter how much strength you put in, the bey will be stationary. It wont really run around you know? (B: D)

And its a shaft based with a free spinning tip no? Or should I say bottom? Why are you guys even correcting about its naming convention in the first place? Its a tip. Its free spinning. Why should I call it free spinning shaft when its the only bey which actually has one (which is long) for MFB? The shaft is connected to the tip. The shaft is inside. Why should I name something which is within its inner mechanism unless extremely significant? EWD/ES/EDS has a shaft though small. No one is saying anything about specifically calling those shafts. Would TT making those longer actually give it more performance? Honestly doubt so.
(Sep. 21, 2011  2:32 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: I can understand if its a WD on a fixed part, but for B: D, it doesnt work that way. Tilting it to one side will just give the opponent an opening to either upper on one site or hit the MW for a KO. You'd basically want a straight shot for this. I mean, no matter how much strength you put in, the bey will be stationary. It wont really run around you know? (B: D)
But that is not the point, we are looking for Defense not Stamina. ControL_ made his point evident, as well as Dragocmeat. They're right, at a 30 Degree angle, there would more of a force such as an aggressive EDS.
You won't get much more Defense out of this thing than you will a WD I'd bet. Moreso Stamina than Defense.
That is why you are supposed to shoot on the 30 Degree angle?

You cannot say it is even near close to WD, as Pcyborg explained similarly. You need to look at it as holding grip on the stadium floor.
(Sep. 21, 2011  3:24 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2011  2:32 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: I can understand if its a WD on a fixed part, but for B: D, it doesnt work that way. Tilting it to one side will just give the opponent an opening to either upper on one site or hit the MW for a KO. You'd basically want a straight shot for this. I mean, no matter how much strength you put in, the bey will be stationary. It wont really run around you know? (B: D)
But that is not the point, we are looking for Defense not Stamina. ControL_ made his point evident, as well as Dragocmeat. They're right, at a 30 Degree angle, there would more of a force such as an aggressive EDS.
And my point is, by doing so gives the opposing bey an opening to KO it. B: D doesnt have the benefit of doubt to change height in comparison to WD.

And using EDS is pointless. The tip breaks easily. Its aggressive because either the center piece is tiled or the the tip is broken/wear down. That is not a defensive trait.

But is it not better than a plain shot? You have a better grip on the stadium when there is more mass of a Beyblade in the stadium.

EDS, pointless? Ooof.
(Sep. 21, 2011  3:38 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: But is it not better than a plain shot? You have a better grip on the stadium when there is more mass of a Beyblade in the stadium.

EDS, pointless? Ooof.

Typo. I meant pointless to use in the above example as quoted.

Again, why would you want grip? The stadium is con-caved inwards. The whole point of WD is to rub against the floor when it gets hit hence giving it traction. Inducing it to happen early in the game, does not help B: D.

Again, I stress it doesnt have the benefit of doubt for a height change. Whatever you have mentioned is more suitable for beys with lower center of gravity.
I am referring to the shaft in detail, it is free spinning, would it not behave differently.

EWD, surely it has a shaft, small. But realize that by shooting EWD at an angle, there is a loud noise. This is a mixture of the side plastic and the shaft itself. When it gets hit, it flips, so it is on a complete 30 Degree angle and when hit, will circle the stadium rather falling out.
When you launch EWD at a 30 Degree angle the noise you hear is the metal piece and the plastic that holds it in place grinding. Where do you even see it getting hot? You're correct on everything else.
EDIT: Loltypo
Hah, I did not mean "hot", that was a typo..
(Sep. 21, 2011  3:47 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I am referring to the shaft in detail, it is free spinning, would it not behave differently.

EWD, surely it has a shaft, small. But realize that by shooting EWD at an angle, there is a loud noise. This is a mixture of the side plastic and the shaft itself. When it gets hot, it flips, so it is on a complete 30 Degree angle and when hit, will circle the stadium rather falling out.

Comparing B: D to EWD is nonsense in this scenario. There is great difference in length for the shafts and the respective allowance. You were saying EDS and now you are saying EWD. Which is it? Very confusing.

Yes it would behave differently. Cos the whole WD-like-tip below is not gonna be spinning at the same spin rate of the whole bey due to the bearing and the extended shaft. It should in fact, spin at a slower spin rate. It would not achieve the supposed effect you have describe unless the tip is tilted to the extent that its no longer free spinning and semi fixed which is, no different from a WD at an odd angle. This will damage the B: D.
All I am really trying to point out is that a theory of more area on the floor would lead into a better Defensive shot, a 30 Degree shot. I just do not understand your counter-argument/example..
And I am trying to point out that due to the angled shot and height of the B: D its more open to upper and metal wheel contact which leads to an even earlier death.
Oh, so that is what you meant. We were talking about a lengthier wheel, such as Basalt..
How about we just wait until we get our hands on one and then see what becomes of it?
If any of you actually looked at my earlier post, I did mentioned I have it.

I already did some tests and honestly speaking, I am semi disappointed. No real figures. The only reason why I could counter so much about it is because its already in my hands.

A summary would be:
On default fresh out of the box 5 min 41 sec
With Scythe 4 mins ++ ( cant remember exact timing)

I will conduct more tests once I feel that the Bearings within have broken in.

BeybladeStation
I didnt realise you meant Basalt specifically. I thought you were referring to the whole selection of MWs in general.