[Product]  BB-113 Scythe Kronos T125EDS

EDS seems to me as if it is worthless it will be ES so far but just more balance
And the free spinning PC Frame i doubted it
Will it work out or not
And so it is free spinning willl it make good attack power or defensive purpose?
I think it will be a major spin lost if when impact the PC Frame won't cover the gap
Galeon's free spinning 2nd attack ring made it the best spin stealer in the Plastic generation. As I said before, this could prove useful if only it could spin left. But it can't.
(May. 18, 2011  5:12 AM)TigerKid Wrote: Wow, I'm really curious as to how this will look like now. I really hope the free spinning wheel part is really good.

http://images.wikia.com/beyblade/images/...768203.png

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20...369129.jpg

A couple more photos of Scythe Kronos. The Scythe wheel seems completely round. It could be useful in Stamina and Defense.
Those pictures were already posted in this topic.
Were they? My bad.
Of course, with that reposting (I'm not sure I saw those before), I did just realise, that Kronos (the CW) looks RIDICULOUSLY similar to Quetz. I know cancer was based on Quetz, but LOOK AT IT. It's a dead ringer for Quetz on the slopes.

Also, I'm now convinced that that is a SWEET looking CW.
Nice pick up there th!nk. Had not noticed that myself. And I agree, it is a great looking CW.
(May. 18, 2011  11:38 AM)th!nk Wrote: The pc frame, if it were truly "free spinning, shouldn't be moving at all, as it shouldn't be connectec to the rest of the beyblade, therefore the rotational force from launch should have no effect on it. Therefore, any effect on it's movemeny by opposing beys should be negligible. Of course, in reality there is some friction, so it does move slightly and a change in that movement will have a very small effect on the rest of the bey, but far less energy is transferred to the rest of the bey than if the bey were all fixed together.
It's hard to explain, but seeing it (or any plastic gen bey with a free spinning sub ar), would demonstrate it easily.

Also, remember that the pc frame has relatively low mass, so if it did get sped up to the rotational velocity of the rest of the bey it would require very little energy.

I got a question about this, wouldn't it be worthless with low mass and doesn't connect with the beyblade directly?
Scythe looks nice round and possiably heavy
It's look thin and light to me
Am I the only one who wants to make Scythe ____ ED145ES/EWD/EDS?
(May. 19, 2011  4:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote: From May 14th :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-113-S...#pid647034
Eh, can't be expected to read all the posts on this thread Tongue_out
(May. 19, 2011  4:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote: From May 14th :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-113-S...#pid647034
No offence, but you kinda shot that person down when they made a valid (if a little less clear than they could have) point. It resembles Quetz more than it or quetz resemble cancer. I'd seen that post before, I was just re-stating it in a clearer way, after I noticed it resembled Quetz heavily (and moreso than it did cancer).

(May. 19, 2011  6:35 AM)ASH - SAS Wrote:
(May. 18, 2011  11:38 AM)th!nk Wrote: The pc frame, if it were truly "free spinning, shouldn't be moving at all, as it shouldn't be connectec to the rest of the beyblade, therefore the rotational force from launch should have no effect on it. Therefore, any effect on it's movemeny by opposing beys should be negligible. Of course, in reality there is some friction, so it does move slightly and a change in that movement will have a very small effect on the rest of the bey, but far less energy is transferred to the rest of the bey than if the bey were all fixed together.
It's hard to explain, but seeing it (or any plastic gen bey with a free spinning sub ar), would demonstrate it easily.

Also, remember that the pc frame has relatively low mass, so if it did get sped up to the rotational velocity of the rest of the bey it would require very little energy.

I got a question about this, wouldn't it be worthless with low mass and doesn't connect with the beyblade directly?

What? Are you dense? As I said it absorbs energy from impacts, instead of the bey recieving the energy and being moved, being light means it'll spin more on impact, it doesn't make it any worse.In fact it probably improves it as by being light it won't create as much friction where it rests on the Metal frame. This should all be pretty obvious, at least in a simple sense, to anyone Uncertain
(May. 19, 2011  11:02 AM)th!nk Wrote: No offence, but gou kinda shot that person down when they made a valid (if a little less clear than they could have) point. It resembles Quetz more than it or quetz resemble cancer. I'd seen that post before, I was just re-stating it in a clearer way, after I noticed it resembled Quetz heavily (and moreso than it did cancer).

I was actually telling them that they were re-iterating what everybody else was saying about Kronos resembling Cancer, because seriously to me it is clear that the Quetzalcoatl Wheel was supposed to be called Cancer and it looks more like a crab to me, and therefore the Cancer Clear Wheel is directly associated with it as well. If Kronos looks more like a Quetzalcoatl Clear Wheel, then you cannot deny that all three parts are heavily in the same family of looks.
Yeah, but my point is that it more closely resembles Quetz than it or Quetz resembles cancer. There's DEFINITELY no denying they're not all related. However, looking at the angles and the inscriptions, it just looks far more like Quetz than cancer. We do have to remember that while they ARE related, Quetz and Cancer aren't actually the same thing (even if they are supposed to be, they do look different), so what they were posting wasn't that much of a re-statement. My post may have been somewhat unneccessary, but hopefully I explained my thoughts (and why I felt it to be relevant) more clearly. Smile

That said, maybe I interpreted your tone as being harsher than it actually was in that older post, and if so, you have my humble apology Smile

No.
That's incorrecto.
Inertia would be the reason why.
It spins with the rest of the beyblade.

And when other beyblades hit it, in specific attack types, then the free spinning isnt going to provide extra protection.

Stamina vs stamina or defense? Yeah, there might be a little difference. But at some point or another, the weight of the metal wheels take over and the free spinning is no longer an asset.
If there were NO friction, inertia wouldn't occur, iirc. It wouldn't rotate with the rest of the bey due to not being connected to it at all, therefore thete's nothing acting on it to make it move in the first place. Of course, in reality there is friction and it does move. My physics isn't always great, so I can't describe why the bey doesn't lose notable speed to compensate for the pc frame in physics terms. Maybe you could?

If they only glance past and hit the pc frame, it'd spin the pc frame around, and not hit the bey itself. This can be seen in the plastic gen, you know. If it's a head on collision, then yeah, it'll smack against it like anything else. It is somewhat more relevant to opposing stamina and defence, I guess.

TBH, if it's going to be thin like corocoro apparently said?, well, more, if it's light, it's probably doomed to mediocrity anyway. But kronos looks sweet still.
But that's the thing, even the slightest bit of friction would move it in unison with the rest of the beyblade.
If it were not to have any friction, it wouldn't even be part of the beyblade. To get something like this to have zero friction is impossible. It wouldnt spin, and not be a beyblade. It is impossible for any part on any beyblade to have zero friction.

And if it gets hit, then no matter what there will be friction.

If free spinning was how you say it is, then yeah it'd be great. But logically it's not possible.

I'll repeat,again...there will always be friction in beyblade.

So don't everyone, get to thinking that this will be some beyblade advancing feature. To me its a "just for fun" feature.
I only said "if it were truly free spinning". That said, it'll still lower the impact. I think you're overreacting here, I was only explaining how it's supposed to work and why it isn't an "attack" gimmick. Smile

Well, not super excited about this release, given that Scythe is supposed to be quite thin and all. I guess with the PC frame thingy it could work in LTSC's or something, though.
Will this bey be released in a starter or a random booster first then the starter?
1. It's obviously not going to be a "Random" booster, it's got a set number, and the next RB isn't for quite a while...
2. Kai V states it's a Starter in the first post.

Try reading, please.
Is there and word on RB here.
Read the OP.
What a ugly looking bey....hope it makes it up for performance.
Thanx Kai-V.
Thinking.....
Engine-geared EDS....good.
Most (or all if i'm not correct) of the eternal series sucks because of movement and rattle right?
THE WHOLE THING will be fail. Sure, ED145 might be decent, but as far as my ED145 combos go, the whole reason it is good is because it has the jagged edge and gaps to absorb attacks. An eternal part without surface features(like this wheel part), it is only worth as much as D125, since it won't actually deflect any shove imparted by any wheel, and only has weight and protection from older-fashion VLACs(very low attack combos) like Quetzalcoatl as an advantage. And in his case, since the plastic thing actually takes up space that would normally be used by weightier metal, and is higher up than a spin track, it actually has no use. Not to mention the fact that this won't have bearings, so it won't be able to slide other beys off of it with the plastic part. And eternal tips suck for those above reasons AND the fact that they never ever fail to disappoint by not having bearings.
Hey, hey, don't jump to conclusions. The plastic might protect ltsc's made with scythe from bd145 opponents and such. Plus, it has a pure BAD-carp CW.

Don't write it off yet, if there's one thing I learnt from Vulcan, Beat and Big Bang it's don't assume it'll suck until it's had a couple months testing. We're yet to have a Too Light 4d wheel, so hold off killing it before it's lived.

Remember, everyone thought vulcan would suck...