[Product]  BB-105 Big Bang Pegasis F:D

(Feb. 17, 2011  12:14 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2011  12:06 AM)jfifthb Wrote: How would testing get harder? If you can't customize the metal wheels, that leaves you with the same amount of customizing right>
There are now 2 metal wheels. And for Big Bang, and possible the rest, 2 clear wheels. Don't you think it would be harder to test more things quickly?

The red plastic is actually the third layer of the Metal Wheel, exclusively for BBP.
but didn't they say that red wheel was part of the metal wheel? And sorry if I misunderstood, but I thought you couldn't customize a metal wheel with the corresponding part of another metal wheel?

edit: whoops i didn't see your last post before i posted mine but yeah, that was part of what i was trying to say
(Feb. 16, 2011  11:52 PM)jfifthb Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2011  10:47 PM)Gibraltor Wrote: I dunno why you guys got hung up on Engine Gear, I knew from looking at it that it had a Wyborg Style base, once the tab is hit it switches from stamina to attack.
http://ameblo.jp/ginta-mixx8/image-10797...11650.html
I think if you look more closely the metal or plastic is as wide as a flat bottom. More like attack to greater attack (depending on when it switches). Pegasis would never be a stamina.
OHHHHHHH!!! That's what threw me off completely. Cuz the blue point seemed a bit pointy, I was just like "Why the heck would Pegasis be made stamina? Oh well."
Alright, well it's still the same Wyborg "concept" regardless. Thanks for your response though!
yeah no prob
just wondering since the red part is rubber, what happens when it wears down? sorry if vague
I understand what you mean and ya that sounds like a horrid problem! I guess it just goes from plastic/metal(whichever) flat tip to plastic flat hole lol.
I doubt it would wear down quickly. At least not at the rate of how RFs are since it only makes full contact rather late in the game. The thing which wears em down is the friction cause by high RPM when you first launch it and the aggressive movement. I suppose, they probably design this with not wanting to wear down the rubber part just as quickly? Not a bad thing if it was true.

Quote:Dranzer V2 was not really that bad. All it needed was for the attack mode to go off a little earlier, and for a better attack ring to be used in conjunction with it.

Plus, We're forgetting that the rubber hole flat mode will be wide, so it can still supply some good attack speed. Though, this kind of gimmick would be better with plastic however.
Dranzer V2's attack movement after it got activated wasnt that violent. And it got activated rather late if I recall correctly. Besides, arent most full rubber tips meant to excel when their spin is at the highest? Then again, MFB beys are more dense and tend to produce higher RPM =\. I'm seriously hoping that TT could prove me wrong in this.
(Feb. 17, 2011  1:35 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: Dranzer V2's attack movement after it got activated wasnt that violent. And it got activated rather late if I recall correctly. Besides, arent most full rubber tips meant to excel when their spin is at the highest? Then again, MFB beys are more dense and tend to produce higher RPM =\. I'm seriously hoping that TT could prove me wrong in this.
On that note it may end up sucking if it activates late game. Cuz if it activates late game then it will be self suicide due to endurance problems. Extra friction plus less RPMs=Nothing good!
Wasn't there a gimmick RC in HMS that was Attack at high RPM then Stamina at low RPM? That would be the optimal choice for this track/bottom. I could see it being very useful with Meteo L-Drago (Absorb)
is that even possible? it would be like a HF that was pushed down/switched to some kind of S, but would it get switched well enough?
(Feb. 17, 2011  1:56 AM)Evan Wrote: Wasn't there a gimmick RC in HMS that was Attack at high RPM then Stamina at low RPM? That would be the optimal choice for this track/bottom. I could see it being very useful with Meteo L-Drago (Absorb)

Too bad it is the contrary with FGrin ... It goes from a flat plastic/whatever tip to a rubber hole one. I think people are forgetting that manga are read from right to left ...

Also, just to reiterate : I did something on Photoshop and posted it. The image showed that the parts of two different Metal Wheels could not really fit together that well ... You might want to look at it, I think I posted it either in this topic or in the Fang Leone one.
just to clarify ... that was post #58 of the Fang Leone topic. If what you said is right, testing will not be as complicated as Sequoia said. That's kind of a shame...
(Feb. 17, 2011  2:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Also, just to reiterate : I did something on Photoshop and posted it. The image showed that the parts of two different Metal Wheels could not really fit together that well ... You might want to look at it, I think I posted it either in this topic or in the Fang Leone one.
Well the parts you circled didn't really matter much for the way the metal combines. What I saw more pressing was just the gap size itself, I really hope the metal wheels are customizable, what is the point in changing it if they aren't >.>
At least in this case I can just buy L Drago and Big Bang, rather than the 3 if none of the first 3 are interchangeable anyway lol.

EDIT: Anyone ever consider the name of F: S being Flat Switch?
EDIT 2: Oops guess that is L Drago's title
(Feb. 17, 2011  2:02 AM)jfifthb Wrote: is that even possible? it would be like a HF that was pushed down/switched to some kind of S, but would it get switched well enough?

My slightly worn-down HF-S(on Rock Aquario 100HF-S currently) does that sometimes. I see Aquaro take/dish out a big hit in attack mode, and then I'm guessing that the HF part mometarily (shorter than you can see) stops spinning and unhooks, then the rest of the bey drops, and because of momentum, the HF part pops up a bit off the playing surface, exposing F. I always wish it was somehow an SD instead of an S when that happens. Woo, change base.
that's awesome similar to my storm aquario (before my hf/s broke). It would start out in stamina, and if you hit it hard enough it would go to hf mode, and it could get switched back and forth. I managed to get a video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmR_DTFIzg hopefully big bang pegasus will be sort of like it but without the stamina mode
Apparently it starts out as an attack then win it hits or gets hit in the smaller wings the metal flat deploys and goes into counter attack mode.
hey guys huge update, there is a dvd being released that OkinawamTS (my middleman) was able to get ahold of and it had video of the big bang pegasis in action!

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Okinawam...#pid551388

direct video link found here:
http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v1...51112&ev=0

it seems to work very similar to that of the RC of the Dark Leopard MS
(Feb. 18, 2011  4:11 AM)DarkFox Wrote: hey guys huge update, there is a dvd being released that OkinawamTS (my middleman) was able to get ahold of and it had video of the big bang pegasis in action!

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Okinawam...#pid551388

Adding his post to the OP.

hahahaha blader dj is the best guy ever

It's certainly an interesting Bottom, to say the least.
Heh, if the footage of it's spinning wasn't edited for dramatic effects, than that means it must be really efficient. *rolls eyes*
I didn't expect for the tip to change so quickly after spinning. Obviously not as fast as an RF however but I sill want to test F : D
It did not change that quickly ... From what I saw the video was edited to show what happened later, once it did change.

The parts of the Metal Wheel are called : PC Frame (I am not entirely sure about "PC", it could be "Clear"), Metal Frame, and Core. The Core is the lowest part which also has the small 'walls' that prevent the insertion of prongs of the opposite spin direction.
(Feb. 18, 2011  5:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The parts of the Metal Wheel are called : PC Frame (I am not entirely sure about "PC", it could be "Clear"), Metal Frame, and Core. The Core is the lowest part which also has the small 'walls' that prevent the insertion of prongs of the opposite spin direction.

Wait, so there is three parts to the new Metal Wheels, not two ...? Or by "PC Frame" do you mean the polycarbonate Clear Wheels?
What so it's like on a spring tension or timer of some sort? How disappointing.
So it's similar to the BB of Driger S in a way. Seems interesting...
(Feb. 18, 2011  5:44 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2011  5:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The parts of the Metal Wheel are called : PC Frame (I am not entirely sure about "PC", it could be "Clear"), Metal Frame, and Core. The Core is the lowest part which also has the small 'walls' that prevent the insertion of prongs of the opposite spin direction.

Wait, so there is three parts to the new Metal Wheels, not two ...? Or by "PC Frame" do you mean the polycarbonate Clear Wheels?

Big Bang Pegasis has three parts to the Metal wheel, one part made out of polycarbonate.

Now I'm a little bummed about BBP's bottom piece, but hopefully the wheels are good.
I've done stuff similar to the track with modified plastic beys before. It didn't work too badly, but I had to choose the parts carefully (Ended up using the Silver Kellogs promo AR, which is Illegal, but it was a modded bey so eh), but I never felt it had any real top tier ability. Given the fact that metal blades are harder to push out of the arena, honestly, this seems like a terrible idea.... Uncertain

Though, I can kinda understand the concept, if you can outlast it on the plastic tip, then you do, if not, you can KO it late game (though that probably won't work well unless you're against something like MF-F Midnight Gemios 145ES or something). Hopefully the rubber at the side is low enough to give it some ability to actually stay in the ring, and maybe shooting it in particular ways might help. but really, unless it's ultra-low or something, it seems kinda redundant anyway.

Woah, I've seen the video now. As much as you lose the attack in the opening few seconds, it looks to switch to rubber pretty fast. Maybe that helps with launch controllability?