[Product]  B-42 Booster Dark Deathscyther Force Jaggy

(Apr. 12, 2016  8:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2016  8:13 PM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Just by looking at it, I think the gimmick is that one half is smash attack and the other half is upper attack.

Whoa, are the different blades sloped differently? I can't really tell from those pics.

Yeah, it looks like the white one is a bit more smashy as the black one looks more like a scythe with upper potential. I could be wrong however, this is all just speculation.
(Apr. 12, 2016  10:19 PM)Cake Wrote: Jaggy looks to me like it has an FS-style nub in the middle, not a hole.

Based on the closeup, if that is a nub, it is incredibly insignificant. It looks way more like a hole, and the description of the part only capitalises on the jagged design and how it will help attack.
Crud, I'm gonna have to work for some money to get into Burst now...
I think the Layer design is a really cool progression of the uneven theme of the original Deathscyther.
(Apr. 12, 2016  11:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2016  10:19 PM)Cake Wrote: Jaggy looks to me like it has an FS-style nub in the middle, not a hole.

Based on the closeup, if that is a nub, it is incredibly insignificant. It looks way more like a hole, and the description of the part only capitalises on the jagged design and how it will help attack.

"Incredibly insignificant" is a pretty good description of the nub on FS:

[Image: latest?cb=20110820204809]

It's enough to make it an interesting semi-aggressive tip, though.
The nub on Fusion is even smaller than that.
To me it looks like it is neither a hole nor a bump, but a dimple. I'm not sure what purpose that would serve, but it also looks like the shape from R2F
Well, comparing this to the previous drivers, it looks like a combo of Blow and Fusion. Like a SharpSemiFlat.
(Apr. 13, 2016  3:59 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Well, comparing this to the previous drivers, it looks like a combo of Blow and Fusion. Like a SharpSemiFlat.

That's what I was thinking, too. Plus some added star shape for R2F/LRF/LF fun.
For people who are not happy to see an old Disk, just Force is a very intelligent choice because of the weight distribution: D2 has 4 scythes and Force has 4 weights. So, more weight is distributed to the wings and also more power to the attacks! Wink
(Apr. 13, 2016  3:14 AM)SAOKirito Wrote: To me it looks like it is neither a hole nor a bump, but a dimple. I'm not sure what purpose that would serve, but it also looks like the shape from R2F

XF had a dimple, it didn't do an awful lot.
To me it looks like a rectangle with two round sides aswell as whatever's in the center. If so, that would psumably have some weird jerking movement akin to Q but without the imbalance or the actual jumping. Would certainly fit the name.
Thanks for sharing th picture, Brad! Smile

I forgot that half of it is hallow. Probably will have an uneven movement, but I wonder how it's attack will be..
(Apr. 14, 2016  8:07 PM)Hato Wrote: Thanks for sharing th picture, Brad! Smile

I forgot that half of it is hallow. Probably will have an uneven movement, but I wonder how it's attack will be..

Neither side is really completely hollow... The gray and clear are still both plastic, so there's no reason why Dark Deathscyther would be anymore imbalanced than the first Deathscyther unless Takara-Tomy realized that it would be too powerful otherwise.
Well, it's possible that one of the materials weighs more than the other, though I honestly have no idea.
Considering its compact nature and the fact that the contact points seem obstructed to a large extent i'd be surprised if this is good at attack tbh.
(Apr. 14, 2016  10:21 PM)Ultra Wrote: Considering its compact nature and the fact that the contact points seem obstructed to a large extent i'd be surprised if this is good at attack tbh.

Yeah me too. The upper slope looks impressive but I can't see it actually getting good hits in often enough for it to work. It looks like it will have impressive stamina, though.
(Apr. 14, 2016  10:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2016  10:21 PM)Ultra Wrote: Considering its compact nature and the fact that the contact points seem obstructed to a large extent i'd be surprised if this is good at attack tbh.

Yeah me too. The upper slope looks impressive but I can't see it actually getting good hits in often enough for it to work. It looks like it will have impressive stamina, though.

It reminds me of a somewhat more aggressive Thermal wheel, haha.
Yeah I don't really see it being great at attack with that slope, but maybe for defense, being able to lift and push away opponents rather than really striking them
Clearer pic:

[Image: CgCgef7UsAAImbe.jpg]

Some kinda hole or dimple with jagged edges, basically. I wouldn't have high expectations, but better a new part than an old one, I guess. lol

Source: https://twitter.com/GmgencjjzTjMGrV/stat...4289092613
So basically an omnidirectional Right Hole Flat then? This seems weirdly parallel to how Ryuuga got an LF to Jinga's R²F but the fact that it has a hole makes it a little more interesting. I'm curious to see how it performs when combining Zephyr's width without friction and Variable's star grip.
Thanks for the picture Brad.
Honestly the "evenness" of this layer is baffling me, On one hand, the thing looks like it has a giant "Scythe" coming out of one side and that makes me want to believe that its going to be super unbalanced. And on the other hand it kind-of looks geometrically symmetrical, and since no layer is really "filled in" I think both sides should weigh about the same. Either way the layer looks really nice, as do all the dual layers.
As for the driver "J" Im interested to see how it will compare to Zephyr, which is definitely Bursts best staller as of KKLP and RRGR. I'm thinking that J might catch the ridge better than Zephyr, it may not though. Im comparing this to the two molds of HF/S where the presence of "flaps" around the HF makes the Ridgey TT mold better than the hasbro at stalling. Who knows though, cant wait till these are out so i can grab me one.
so it's a hole flat with jagged edges.

not too sure how it will perform, but i guess we shouldn't judge by appearances.

the closest comparison to this tip would be left flat for MFB, so i guess that's one way to guess how this might perform.

hopefully this might be helpful for tornado stalling, or active defense.

don't really see it outclassing xtreme for attack.
(Apr. 15, 2016  2:51 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: don't really see it outclassing xtreme for attack.

lol, i don't think any plastic tip is going to do so. I'm expecting performance similar to Blow. Very middle-of-the-ground.
Considering the official part description, this is most assuredly a hole, not a nub. Here is the official image too:

[Image: BeybladeBurst_DarkDeathscytherJaggyDriver.png]

Also a good picture that shows how well Force's protrusions align with the attack points of Dark Deathscyther, if it does ever perform well in Attack...

[Image: BeybladeBurst_DarkDeathscytherflat.jpg]