[Product]  B-20 Booster Horusood Spread Edge

(Dec. 07, 2015  12:59 AM)Annoying-Fork Wrote: The Driver looks quite painful.

I am hyped.

Every new part from this Beyblade seems bad or average, I hope you are sarcastic hah.

Thank you for the extended review, *Ginga*. I wish there had been more rounds per type test though.
There were, for sure. My video of testings were 15 minutes long themselves, and I wanted to keep the entire video under 10 minutes. If you really want it, I can just send you the unedited tests haha.
Well, if you can compile the results and post them in this thread at least, "unofficially" or not, that would be great hah.
This seems to be the first release to have no good new parts so far.

I could be wrong but every release had at least one good new part for their time. I mean this has Spread but Valkyrie Spread Survive pretty much carps over it anyway.

The good parts for their time in bold, I repeat... "For Their Time" incase someone whines about my inaccurate list:
Valkyrie Wing Accele
Spriggan Spread Fusion
Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Central Defence (Can't remember if Defence was used at the time)
Deathscyther Oval Accel
Wyvern Armed Massive
Odin Central Blow
Trident Heavy Claw

All these releases had at least one new part good for it's time, this has Spread but it was released already, and on something better.

I need to fully check for Minoboros and Unicorn.

Unedit cut. Enjoy!
(Dec. 07, 2015  1:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2015  12:59 AM)Annoying-Fork Wrote: The Driver looks quite painful.

I am hyped.

Every new part from this Beyblade seems bad or average, I hope you are sarcastic hah.

Thank you for the extended review, *Ginga*. I wish there had been more rounds per type test though.

As a weapon to hurl at others may do better heh.
I ordered this from HLJ a month ago and it still hasn't come. I hope it gets here soon....
Gotta go with EMS!
It wasn't worth $13.
Not at all.
(Dec. 09, 2015  11:07 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Gotta go with EMS!

I would, but its a bit expensive.
(Dec. 10, 2015  9:59 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2015  11:07 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Gotta go with EMS!

I would, but its a bit expensive.

Give it a shot and spend it. It'll be worth it all, though most unlikely however.
I just got this today and after some battles, I learned that Edge isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Though I would still preffer Survive. The real part I was interested in was Horusood. It reminded me of Vulcan Horuseus from Gen 2. Not only because they're both based off of the Egyptian God Horus, but also because of the strange shape. And as such it behaves similarily to Vulcan. I can see Horusood being my spirit bey
The difference between Vulcan and Horusood is that Vulcan was actually good.
(Jan. 12, 2016  12:19 AM)Neo Wrote: The difference between Vulcan and Horusood is that Vulcan was actually good.

I dunno. While I haven't done an official benchmarking, from my observations it serves decently well for attack. Though admindgly not as good as Valkyrie. I beleive it has more defense potential than Valyire though. The biggest problem I think with this Layer is that it has ad stamina, despite being an apparent Stamina type. I did a stopwatch test and Horusood Heavy Survive lasted about a minute and Valkyrie Heavy Survive lasted 1 min 30 sec. Though I only did it once for each. I should go back and try again. Maybe 5 test spins instead of one and calculate the average.
(Jan. 12, 2016  1:02 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2016  12:19 AM)Neo Wrote: The difference between Vulcan and Horusood is that Vulcan was actually good.

I dunno. While I haven't done an official benchmarking, from my observations it serves decently well for attack. Though admindgly not as good as Valkyrie. I beleive it has more defense potential than Valyire though. The biggest problem I think with this Layer is that it has ad stamina, despite being an apparent Stamina type. I did a stopwatch test and Horusood Heavy Survive lasted about a minute and Valkyrie Heavy Survive lasted 1 min 30 sec. Though I only did it once for each. I should go back and try again. Maybe 5 test spins instead of one and calculate the average.

Spin tests mean little, as (I think/opinion) it's about if it had enough stamina to outspin a bey and is able to take hits without losing too much stamina.

I wish I owned a Horosood, but from what I'm hearing about Horosood, it's outclassed in most elements. I wish there were more testings on Horosood, personally.
i agree. this video here shows horusood as a possible counter to valkyrie, even.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbt_HlVOnT0
All I get from that video is that Horusood Spread Edge has marginally more stamina than Valkyrie Spread Survive, which isn't huge praise.

I would test Horusood if I had any idea what kind of combo to use it in. It seems to possess no capabilities in any area.
(Jan. 12, 2016  1:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: All I get from that video is that Horusood Spread Edge has marginally more stamina than Valkyrie Spread Survive, which isn't huge praise.

I would test Horusood if I had any idea what kind of combo to use it in. It seems to possess no capabilities in any area.

May I suggest Horusood Wing/Cental Blow/Accell

I would do the proper benchmark testing myself, but as of now I do not have proper equipment to do so IE the standard Burst Stadium. Though I am ordering it with my next paycheck hopefully as right now I am using my old Hasbro L-Drago stadium. And while using those combos (All with an exception to Blow as I do not have that Driver yet) it seems to cause Bursting quite often.
I've used it on Accel, and Xtreme. Minoboros and Valkyrie are far better options. Couple that with the fact that Valkyrie is easily to get and... yeah no.
I honestly doubt it has any use outside of Attack but; it Bursts way too easily and the contact points don't help it stay together anyways.
Well, just based of further observation and testing. I'm still gonna say, I personally like Horusood as a Layer. But I'm not positive I would go to a tournament with it. As I said, because of it's awkard shape, it functions similar to Vulcan from Gen 2. What I mean by this is that, the four contact points on Horusood all give different attributes. Two large wings, one for offense and the other for defense, same with the smaller ones. This is a balance type layer that has an unpredicable result upon impact. Unfortunantly, unpredictable can be translated to unreliable. Because it being a 'jack of all trades' part, it doesn't necissarily accel in attack defense or stamina, and therefore should not and most likely cannot be used in one of those three types of combos. In order for this to work you would have to use a driver like Fusion or Survive. It has the weakness of all balance types. No real strengths to take advantage of. Skilled at all but master at none. With that said, while I love Horusood and think it's a lot of fun, I don't see it being competitive in the metagame.
I'd go as far to say it isn't skilled at anything.
It is a sexy layer tho.
I swear, almost every time I launch this thing into battle with my Ragnaruk or Wyvern it ends up in a Burst finish. It's like this thing takes massive hits that the other Bey just can't survive. I think this could be put to good use somewhere down the line. Don't know how yet, though it will likely involve Edge.
Ege is horrible, so I find that hard to believe.

People, if you want to boast about Horusood's merits, then conduct proper tests and post the results in the Beyblade Customizations forum, because nobody believes you right now hah.
Well, Ragnaruk and Wyvern aren't the most stable layers from my experiences, and I find it's (Horusood) teeth slightly better then those two.
Either way, it's not like anyone is using uncustomized Ragnaruk or Wyvern ...