[Product]  B-16 BeyLauncher Red

Keep in mind that Takara-Tomy advises you to not release the string at the end of the pull, something pretty much everyone here steadfastly ignores. We are definitely playing harder than we're meant to. That said, this is an easy mechanical problem and I expect it will be fixed in a future release, though there's no guarantee that means it will be fixed in time for September. Hopefully they waited this long to release the BeyLauncher separately for a reason ...

The skipping repair is simple though, and we should likely invest in making a very clear and professional how-to guide so that people don't end up repeating my mistakes!

Start Dash set ordered ...
Mine is still going strong after 5k+ 6'3" 200lb big dude rips. I think that is really good for a $10 toy. I can make a repair vid. I just don't know how to edit video at all and make it look professional and whatnot.
I stopped using my string launcher after the Toronto tournament Chief - Idea! I am super sad that i cannot play bursts everyday... It is only for the best, having a good launcher in tournaments is all that matters, I really do hope that the new string launchers will get a fix, so i do not have to buy like 20 (even though i will probably end up with that many anyway).
(Aug. 17, 2015  4:06 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: I stopped using my string launcher after the Toronto tournament Chief - Idea! I am super sad that i cannot play bursts everyday... It is only for the best, having a good launcher in tournaments is all that matters, I really do hope that the new string launchers will get a fix, so i do not have to buy like 20 (even though i will probably end up with that many anyway).

Just one more month, my friend! (I'm planning 3x Wyvern and 3x red BeyLauncher)
Can't wait for that release. Already have my preorder made. Lol. Random booster parts for days!!!
This happened to me the first time I took a Mfb string launcher appart. The spring came out and I bent it trying to get it back in. Point is, this isn't a new problem, taking launchers apart is just a learning process.
No, the spring was bent when it came out. I made no attempt to put it back in.
Ahhh, i see. Same basic concept tho lol.
Will there only be red or is it possible for other colours.

Im way to tired to go looking through the forums right now.
(Aug. 17, 2015  5:38 AM)Ryūjin Wrote: Will there only be red or is it possible for other colours.

Im way to tired to go looking through the forums right now.

We already have a blue BeyLauncher from the B-8 Start Dash Set, B-14 Wyvern Armed Massive's should be purple and this one is red. There will inevitably be at least multiple variants of blue BeyLaunchers to come out in the future, because this is a staple and TAKARA-TOMY knows that production of certain products stops after a few months so they need to make some items available at all times for new Bladers.

Not me, apparently, hah.
Seems that while the design has been changed, issues haven't been alleviated: this Japanese thread on Twitter is full of complaints, and a photo of the white part inside having been shaved down, again. https://twitter.com/beymappo/status/648081864498941952
(Sep. 29, 2015  6:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Seems that while the design has been changed, issues haven't been alleviated: this Japanese thread on Twitter is full of complaints, and a photo of the white part inside having been shaved down, again. https://twitter.com/beymappo/status/648081864498941952

Did Metal Fight Beyblade have any weird problems like this at launch?

It's a launcher, I would imagine they would stick with the formula and not change the plastics to something brittle before the launch of the series... Uncertain
I'd just like to put it out there, but the clutch from MFB launchers fits in Burst launchers and doesn't wear down nearly as quickly, if at all to the degree of the new clutch mechanism, from my experience. I'd really appreciate it if this were deemed a legal modification, considering the span of this issue and the wide availability of MFB light launchers.
(Sep. 29, 2015  12:12 PM)Angry Face Wrote: I'd just like to put it out there, but the clutch from MFB launchers fits in Burst launchers and doesn't wear down nearly as quickly, if at all to the degree of the new clutch mechanism, from my experience. I'd really appreciate it if this were deemed a legal modification, considering the span of this issue and the wide availability of MFB light launchers.

the clutch from MFB launchers doesnt fit well in the Burst launchers and it wears down quite quickly
almost everyday or 2 days I have to change it.

but sure if you only do 10 shoots a day, it doesn't wear down quickly but for the Burst one as well
and if you only do weak shoot, it doesn't wear down quickly.

but it you only do strong or really strong shoot, the clutch from MFB launchers will wear down much faster coz it doesnt fit well
(Sep. 29, 2015  6:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Seems that while the design has been changed, issues haven't been alleviated: this Japanese thread on Twitter is full of complaints, and a photo of the white part inside having been shaved down, again. https://twitter.com/beymappo/status/648081864498941952

So disappointing ... after the successful change they made to the Light Launcher, you'd think they would have gotten this one right too.
Yo personally my Deathscyther's Light Launcher is dead already, it skips all the time. I just used it less than four hundred times in a row hah.
Yeah there is something about the light launchers, deathscyther or not, that seems to make them skip a lot after using them for a while. I dunno what it is, but it kinda sucks. It's probably the same problem that we have with the beylaunchers, the white thing inside the prongs gets worn and won't grab the prongs anymore. I do have a fix that is ILLEGAL for tournament play, but good for practicing outside of tournaments, so you don't kill a bunch of them just practicing and can just save one or two new ones for tournaments.
You just take that white thing out of the prongs and wrap a tiny sliver of duct tape around it. One layer should do fine and I recommend reinforcing the contact points only with one additional layer as shown:
[Image: vzddoo.jpg]
It is best to use a MFB white thingy, as they are a bit bigger, but it shouldn't really matter. If you just use the burst one, just wrap it with another layer and you should be fine. Also, eventually, if you guys get any other parts of your launchers that become worn, like the prongs themselves, the shaft thing that communicates with the beylogger, etc, most of them are interchangeable with parts from the light launcher. Your best bet for tournaments, if you don't have money to buy multiple beylaunchers, is to save a brand new white thingy from a light launcher and just replace it right before the tourney, so then your launcher would be legal. Make sure you don't use the tape during tourneys, because if your old crappy beylauncher launches perfectly, a judge has every right to open it up and check it out and the consequences for blatantly breaking the rules like this would be severe.
So I got my string launcher 2 days ago and on the first day it basically broke after 120 launches.

[Image: wI6p1II.png]

The string still retracts and everything but the actual cotton layer of the string ripped apart and it no longer fully retracts into the beylauncher, it kinda just hangs there... Good thing I bought 5 string launchers haha.
Man stop launching that hard. Poor laucher ;_;
WOW. Wonder if something inside is messed up. Have never seen anything like that.
Here is a tutorial video on how to make your burst launcher not squeaky!