[Product]  B-16 BeyLauncher Red

(Aug. 16, 2015  5:53 AM)ZachBob Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2015  5:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hey guys, I took apart my BeyLauncher in an attempt to repair it and I don't understand how to get the string to recoil again? The gear just makes a terrible squeeking sound. I realize now I didn't even need to open the inside of the launcher to repair this part ... but I at least did not open the gear inside the BeyLauncher.

If it's the same as the mfb launcher, I'm pretty sure this part is. You have to wind the spring with a screwdriver by turning the post in the middle of the spring gear to the left.(I think) about 10 to 15 times. The post has a slot for a flat screwdriver. After you wind it, you have to lock the gear in place without releasing the tension (this can be hard) there are a lot of youtube videos on rewinding mfb string launchers. It should be the same based on 1234beyblade's pictures

Just to confirm, the magic number's 15 or 16. Any less is too little, and any more puts too much tension on the spring.

EDIT: I just realized how vague this comes across. Really, 7-8 complete rotations of the middle bit that the spring sits in is what you need.
When you wind your Coil, I highly recommend releasing 1 to 2 rotations after reaching the maximum. It work's the best for me.
I started to fix my l/r launcher and I know this is a little off topic but the last screw won't work with my screw drivers. I used the same one for the other three but this one just won't budge. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Wd-40. Or get a set of new screwdrivers. I got a full set of small ones at the dollar store for $1
Okay I'll try but the ones o have look like they fit. It's just whenever I try to turn the screw it pops out. I'll get some more screw drivers then if worse comes to worse maybe I can saw it.
When I screw the gear counter-clockwise, it's making a loud squeaking sound. Is this normal? Otherwise, I suspect the mechanism inside is broken.

I'm so depressed Unhappy

@[beyblade1234] how did you open this? I can't remove the center peg. It definitely seems like there is something wrong inside since it is simply not recoiling but squeaking.

[Image: 7rQgb0D.png]
I already PM'd this to Brad, but if anybody else has this issue, hopefully this can help them. It should be the same thing as a MFB launcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0S1J1UqtF4
Brad, I think you meant to mention @[1234beyblade], honest mistake, haha.

I hope this launcher isn't as somewhat useless as the blue one, I may honestly just buy like 4 or 5 to keep in case of breakage.
I guarantee they are the same exact launcher. All made in advance of their release. It should be fine to have just one with skipping fixed and one new one for tourneys, maybe a tourney backup. Brad just got unlucky and had a freak breakage I think. Mine is holding strong with 5k+ launches. And I rip it hard too
I believe that is normal. Because when I fixed mine I remember it feeling like I was turning it the wrong way for some reason. But I wasn't, and it works fine now! You'll get it bey brad! Might be able to replace the spring with a mfb one if it is indeed broken. At least you're learning in great detail how the inside of a bey launcher works, you can add that to your resume.
Thanks Zoroaste. That appears to be the problem. I finally got it open and the metal coil is completely unwound. I find the video difficult to understand but hopefully it will work. Otherwise, ordering Start Dash #2 tomorrow.
Awesome. No prob dude. Hope you get it fixed
OK yeah, I think I'm doomed. This looks really bad.

[Image: jp37hCn.jpg]

The worst part is, I am pretty sure this is my fault since the only issue before I took the launcher apart was skipping ...

I wanted a second stadium and Valkyrie anyway, but I was gonna get them from the Vs Play set ... oh well.
You can't take the spring out of an MFB launcher? Or recoil that one?
Do you see that it is actually bent in the wrong direction halfway through? Getting that back into a perfect circle seems impossible or, at the very least, not worth the trouble.
So these BeyLaunchers skip/break more easily, and they are more difficult to fix ? Damn, this is going to be expensive ...
Yeah true. I bet you could do it but it would be a pain. That vid walks you through how to reshape it. You could just take pliers and bend it however you need to. I would take a while though I guess
(Aug. 17, 2015  3:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So these BeyLaunchers skip/break more easily, and they are more difficult to fix ? Damn, this is going to be expensive ...
I don't think his break happens that often (knock on wood). And the skipping is pretty easy to fix.
Like I said, I think this happened during the process of repairing it. I didn't need to take apart the launcher, just the prongs, to fix the skipping issue. It's completely my mistake due to me disassembling the launcher's outer casing rather than just the prongs. I don't want anyone to get the impression this is a common issue, or even Tomy's fault. I just wanted to get my BeyLauncher working again. lol

The skipping issue seems very easy to fix if you have the parts from a Light Launcher. Again, it's my mistake.

Gonna order another Start Dash Set. I could use everything other than the BeyLogger anyway.
At the tournament, sniper said that burst was nothing more than a pure money making tatic. he said that since the parts wear down so easily and get lost quickly, as a result, people pay for new ones. Judging from this, I'm starting to think he is right...
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: When I screw the gear counter-clockwise, it's making a loud squeaking sound. Is this normal? Otherwise, I suspect the mechanism inside is broken.

I'm so depressed Unhappy

how did you open this? I can't remove the center peg. It definitely seems like there is something wrong inside since it is simply not recoiling but squeaking.

[Image: 7rQgb0D.png]

You put a flat head screw driver where the small crack is between the actual coil holder and the cover, and then basically just pop off the frame, just be careful so the coil doesn't go everywhere haha.

@[Bey Brad] unfortunately, your beylauncher is busted (there is no fix to a messed up coil like that), the only thing you can do is replace the coil from an MFB string launcher, but i am pretty sure that would make your launcher illegal.
I learned two things from this thread:

1. Cherish each launch with the Beylauncher
  2. Stockpile Beylaunchers
It's already illegal anyway with the skipping fix, I would try a MFB coil. Save your money for the other stadium thay is coming out. And more valkyries, we all need more valkyries, lol
(Aug. 17, 2015  3:15 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: At the tournament, sniper said that burst was nothing more than a pure money making tatic. he said that since the parts wear down so easily and get lost quickly, as a result, people pay for new ones. Judging from this, I'm starting to think he is right...

I would really like the WBO to be a place where people can enjoy Beyblade Burst while also holding Takara Tomy accountable for their poor design decisions. Conspiracy theories like this don't help anyone. Please refrain from posting them.

The sales that come from the Beyblade product line's good reputation are worth far more than nickel-and-diming hardcore players.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, glad to see this community has kept its spirit of generosity and patience. Smile
Yeah guys don't let this discourage you from burst. This seems like a freak breakage. The skipping thing is unfortunate, but an easy fix really. If anybody has any launcher problems, feel free to PM me. I will help you get it fixed. I'm sure TT wouldn't do something like this on purpose and am also sure they will improve all of these things going forward. They are like the best toy company ever, everyone makes mistakes
I had heard of Beyblade Burst launchers skipping often and today I think I read that someone else had trouble repairing their Beylauncher other than Brad, but that absolutely does not mean that Beyblade Burst as a whole needs to be ditched yo. It may really be that they were too hardcore with what remains toys, in the end. It is probably the equivalent of someone adoring an electronic toy and having to buy multiple batteries because they play too much with the toy and it drains the battery ...