[Product]  B-147 Random Layer Vol.2 Poison Hydra

(Jun. 29, 2019  8:26 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: A hydra usually has nine heads so even if those are tails, ( or they could be heads that are far away)
It may have more clicks

umm no. all hydras start with 5 heads. beheading them increases their no. of heads so this one certainly has 5
Takara Tomy’s description on the Hyudra Chip:
I used Google Translate for this, but I put the Japanese description in case any of you could read it and clear things up. I think that this means the first two teeth will be Ashura-size but aligned correctly, while the last tooth would be Valkyrie-size.
(Jul. 01, 2019  8:21 AM)Garvin prime Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:26 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: A hydra usually has nine heads so even if those are tails, ( or they could be heads that are far away)
It may have more clicks

umm no. all hydras start with 5 heads. beheading them increases their no. of heads so this one certainly has 5

Ohh. Uhh yea that's right..

I certainly need to freshen up my mythical knowledge..
(Jul. 01, 2019  7:20 AM)Blader92 Wrote: Screw Trident’s gimmick was meant to be turning opponents attack/impact into its own spin that is why the rubber was slanted. It was written as a stamina type gimmick and not a defence type gimmick.
On the other hand, Poison base gimmick is described as not transferring the impact from the opponent to the bey and so a more defensive gimmick.

By the gods you are right with sT being Stamina type, I just realized that, but never fully comprehended how it transforms impacts into spin power in reality (because it just Bursts too easily on hard hits). I was thinking it was classified as Stamina simply because of its stock combo Driver. 

In this case, Poison's gimmick is to simply cushion/deflect, but the effectiveness would still depend on how hard or soft the rubbers in between the parts are, as well as how far from the majority of the Base the moving parts are. 

If they can easily do this, I'm kinda hoping they remake God Layer gimmicks like Twin Nemesis and Beat Kukulkan as well.
So it seems watching this video Hydra(Hidora) has the outer part of the layer with just complete rubber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzVEklIXsY looks really wacky it also seems the teeth are comparable to Joker from what I could understand in that video. None the less this whole set looks pretty interesting, we get the possibility of pulling at least the prize gatinko chip with Posion Hydra and  Bushin Hydra(50%). Ace Joker and it's colours look alright and rock Valkyrie looks ok.
----
I've updated this post with another link above from the CoroCoro video that shows off Poison Hydra Rachet Rise in battle(random stock lol)
It looks so much nicer IRL, I'm tempted to pick this one up. The red parts are actually more flexible than Screw Trident's, it's weird, but cool
It looks like the rubber is going to tear easily in battle.
(Jul. 02, 2019  4:49 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It looks like the rubber is going to tear easily in battle.

I don't think TT wouldn't have thought about that. The rubber might not tear unless you try deliberately and with a lot of force that can't be applied unless intentional.
(Jul. 02, 2019  5:47 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2019  4:49 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It looks like the rubber is going to tear easily in battle.

I don't think TT wouldn't have thought about that. The rubber might not tear unless you try deliberately and with a lot of force that can't be applied unless intentional.

Well, if you put this Bey up against something like Cho-Z Achilles 00 Bump Xtreme', there is bound to be a lot of damage. Heck, it can even damage other Beys due to its massive Smash Attack power.
It looks like everything Screw Trident wants to be
(Jul. 02, 2019  6:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: It looks like everything Screw Trident wants to be

Except in its proper type.
(Jul. 02, 2019  4:37 PM)Jinbee Wrote: It looks so much nicer IRL, I'm tempted to pick this one up. The red parts are actually more flexible than Screw Trident's, it's weird, but cool

So nice! The gimmick seems like it is more fun, too. I'm looking forward to this.
(Jul. 02, 2019  8:31 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2019  6:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: It looks like everything Screw Trident wants to be

Except in its proper type.

To be fair, sT was trying to pull off a damage absorption gimmick, which sounds like what a Defense Type would have.
Wait, the rubber is outside, meaning it's the one that gets hit in battle? Then the Burst resistance will be moot in that case
(Jul. 03, 2019  1:41 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Wait, the rubber is outside, meaning it's the one that gets hit in battle? Then the Burst resistance will be moot in that case

Actually, no it's not gonna make contact. If you look at when they bend the shield, the rubber is not exposed to even make contact. Meaning that the plastic is actually making the most contact in battle.
(Jul. 03, 2019  2:00 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2019  1:41 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Wait, the rubber is outside, meaning it's the one that gets hit in battle? Then the Burst resistance will be moot in that case

Actually, no it's not gonna make contact. If you look at when they bend the shield, the rubber is not exposed to even make contact. Meaning that the plastic is actually making the most contact in battle.

Ahh gotcha. Wasn't able to watch this prior to my question and just based it off what I understood from Zankeye's entry. So the rubber is much more flexible than I thought, and has 4 contact points that can deflect and dampen hits. I'm just a bit concerned with the structure and durability because it looks like one clean hit from a heavy and aggressive Attack type will cause those parts to tear off like knocking off model kits that were standing with the help of putty. I didn't get a good look at the Hyudra teeth, but I'd assume something like a cross between Ashura and Dragon teeth?
(Jul. 03, 2019  4:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2019  2:00 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Actually, no it's not gonna make contact. If you look at when they bend the shield, the rubber is not exposed to even make contact. Meaning that the plastic is actually making the most contact in battle.

Ahh gotcha. Wasn't able to watch this prior to my question and just based it off what I understood from Zankeye's entry. So the rubber is much more flexible than I thought, and has 4 contact points that can deflect and dampen hits. I'm just a bit concerned with the structure and durability because it looks like one clean hit from a heavy and aggressive Attack type will cause those parts to tear off like knocking off model kits that were standing with the help of putty. I didn't get a good look at the Hyudra teeth, but I'd assume something like a cross between Ashura and Dragon teeth?

The teeth actually look a bit like Joker's teeth. I couldn't see the difference in height even though the second half is supposed to be taller than the first half.
The colors look very odd. The pink and the green just look..weird. It works though
And is the gimmick spin stealing? Something like Trident?
It's like Trident. It shouldn't spin steal much.
remember what maruti said? "The next bey will recover during battle". The Hydra, when chop 1 heads, 2 grow back. Maybe it has an extra gimmick that it will recover clicks like TurboLibra's Galahad
(Jul. 03, 2019  2:10 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: It's like Trident. It shouldn't spin steal at all.

All beys can steal spin regardless of their gimmick, as long as they are in opposite spin against an opponent. Some beys just steal spin at a better rate than others, like the ones with rubber contact points. This does not make them win opposite-spin matches - the LAD of the entire combo determines that.

(Jul. 03, 2019  3:02 PM)AcressVN Wrote: remember what maruti said? "The next bey will recover during battle". The Hydra, when chop 1 heads, 2 grow back. Maybe it has an extra gimmick that it will recover clicks like TurboLibra's Galahad

The YouTube video literally showed the gimmick of the layer base.. I don't think there can be any extra gimmick they haven't revealed.
(Jul. 03, 2019  6:08 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2019  4:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Ahh gotcha. Wasn't able to watch this prior to my question and just based it off what I understood from Zankeye's entry. So the rubber is much more flexible than I thought, and has 4 contact points that can deflect and dampen hits. I'm just a bit concerned with the structure and durability because it looks like one clean hit from a heavy and aggressive Attack type will cause those parts to tear off like knocking off model kits that were standing with the help of putty. I didn't get a good look at the Hyudra teeth, but I'd assume something like a cross between Ashura and Dragon teeth?

The teeth actually look a bit like Joker's teeth. I couldn't see the difference in height even though the second half is supposed to be taller than the first half.

Looking back at the video, it seems that the teeth would have some sort of rapid clicks being lost early and mid-battle and having the tightest one prior to Bursting, probably in an attempt to outlast opposing attackers late-game after surviving barrages using its sT-like gimmick. 

I realize that the rubber connectors enable the Base parts to move independently like shields deflecting attacks from different directions, though it may also be trying to replicate dC's God ability which drains opponent Bey's stamina (especially stationary types). Now if the plastic portions were made of POM, then it also might be incorporating the POM chains of gK's God ability.

Random thought related to Beyblade typing; skip since TL : DR (Click to View)

Still quite excited for this upcoming release since it makes rubber on Layers more common now for GT, and might be good to pair up with the Around Disk from the upcoming Random Booster that has Flare Dragon and Gaia Dragoon.
Basically, in that video, the gimmick of Poison is just to reduce the impact from opponent, and there is no description of spin boosting or something else that is similar to sT.
And the teeth is said to have a higher one for the last click.
Since this is simply a random Layer and is not released with a full combo, I think the "recover in battle" bey should be released next month.
(Jul. 04, 2019  1:39 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Basically, in that video, the gimmick of Poison is just to reduce the impact from opponent, and there is no description of spin boosting or something else that is similar to sT.
And the teeth is said to have a higher one for the last click.
Since this is simply a random Layer and is not released with a full combo, I think the "recover in battle" bey should be released next month.

Honestly, that the “recover in battle” Bey could be Poison Hyudra’s full combo considering it could be accurate to the namesake, although it also sounds a bit like what a Stamina Bey would have for a gimmick. It all depends on the context. Recovering clicks is more likely than recovering Stamina, but TT could throw a curveball at us.