[Product]  B-140 Random Booster Vol. 15 (Cosmo Valkyrie.11.Et 天, Storm Pegasis.10G.Qc′)

(Mar. 14, 2019  1:53 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  1:50 PM)SOUL- Wrote: Do we know if the layer portion of Storm Pegasis will be metal like it's original Metal Wheel?

[Image: 10pbn8n.png]

From the Corocoro page image of it, it seems likely, as the metal wheel part looks split, sort of like a 4D wheel. I'm assuming the inner part is partially metal, but nothings confirmed yet.

Ah I see, either way I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully it's good in competitive play.
(Mar. 15, 2019  11:22 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: will there be a gachi chip for pegasus?

No. Just like the Plastic Gen remakes, it seems like the MFB remakes will not fit into the system they're introduced in.

(Mar. 14, 2019  1:53 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  1:50 PM)SOUL- Wrote: Do we know if the layer portion of Storm Pegasis will be metal like it's original Metal Wheel?

[Image: 10pbn8n.png]

From the Corocoro page image of it, it seems likely, as the metal wheel part looks split, sort of like a 4D wheel. I'm assuming the inner part is partially metal, but nothings confirmed yet.

The inner part definitely looks like metal. Maybe Pegasus will be somewhat viable in GT, but its best chance would be in a God Layer format. Also, it has a grey Glaive frame, which might be there to make a kind of extension to the Fusion Wheel.
(Mar. 16, 2019  3:19 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  11:22 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: will there be a gachi chip for pegasus?

No. Just like the Plastic Gen remakes, it seems like the MFB remakes will not fit into the system they're introduced in.

Really? I would think Cho-Z because of the metal and the extremely defensive shape.

Accidentally deleted half of the quote, coincidentally the part I was referring to, and I apologise for that.
I have the sneaking suspicion that since this is the first time we're seeing the Quick driver and it's being released in a dash form as part of the first release of this Pegasus layer, Takara has made the teeth on this layer very weak. I say this because whenever you see a layer released for the first time on a dash driver that tends to be a logical trend. Dead Hades being the example of a layer appearing for the first time in a random booster and having Zephyr'. So I think they're aware that Pegasus in Burst could be a solid defense type and they're forcing us to use it as an attack type by making it so it's only viable with dash drivers (the good dash drivers being attack drivers). If that makes sense.
(Mar. 16, 2019  4:21 AM)Ulti Wrote: I have the sneaking suspicion that since this is the first time we're seeing the Quick driver and it's being released in a dash form as part of the first release of this Pegasus layer, Takara has made the teeth on this layer very weak. I say this because whenever you see a layer released for the first time on a dash driver that tends to be a logical trend. Dead Hades being the example of a layer appearing for the first time in a random booster and having Zephyr'. So I think they're aware that Pegasus in Burst could be a solid defense type and they're forcing us to use it as an attack type by making it so it's only viable with dash drivers (the good dash drivers being attack drivers). If that makes sense.

There's a thing with trends: you need more than one example for it to be a trend. For instance, there's a trend that Super-Z Random Booster prize beys will have cruddy disks on them, which we've seen for all of Cho-Z (sans Driger Fang, a non-Cho-Z bey) and now is back in GT thanks to Cosmo Valkyrie and its 11 disk. That, my friend, is a trend.

Dead Hades alone doesn't prove much of anything regarding tooth strength here, as it's altogether possible they want to try and limit bursting among the remake beys more since they originally didn't burst at all and they want to maintain that better than they have in the past. It's not like these remake layers have ever been competitively strong, so they're definitely not balancing them around that.

Storm Pegasus is not going to be doing anything for Defense either. It's an Attack type, just like the original. It doesn't look anywhere near smooth enough to be used for Defense with those textured wings, so I really don't get why this is what comes to your mind.
(Mar. 16, 2019  3:47 AM)MGoldZeo Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2019  3:19 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: No. Just like the Plastic Gen remakes, it seems like the MFB remakes will not fit into the system they're introduced in.

Really? I would think Cho-Z because of the metal and the extremely defensive shape.

Accidentally deleted half of the quote, coincidentally the part I was referring to, and I apologise for that.

For now, we don't know how much metal there is, so it might fit in with the later God releases like, Sr and sX, or it might weigh as much as the earlier Cho-Z Beys.
These images were extracted from this article on COROCORO comic site. In the article, they give more details about the re-made Storm Pegasus.
[Image: 236b9bf7724c55c23b3018284f8c8700.jpg]

"メタルといえば、アタックリングにあたる部分を本物のメタル製にしたため、威力や重量が超アップ! 衝突時の衝撃もスタジアムにフェンスが必要になるほど上昇した。"

To paraphrase this particular line explains "...because segments of the attack ring are made of genuine metal, power and weight are super-up! Due to the intensity of impact collisions, a stadium with fences is recommended."

This confirms speculations (including my own) that the Storm Metal Wheel segment will be recreated in its entirety along with the Pegasis Clear Wheel, but it's safe to assume that the two parts (along with the Face part) will be redesign as one, complete "Layer".

I had a feeling (as I'm sure many other players had) that this was TT's product plan since the beginning. Being as how the Cho-Z Layers were marketed and designed, it would be unusual for Takara Tomy to recreate the Storm Pegasis without its defining characteristics.

[Image: 457c0458ca851354bdf71b360cb6dd37.jpg]
Good to know the metal is genuine and totally not fake. Nobody likes fake metal.

Joking aside, it was pretty obvious that it had metal on it. There's still the question of exactly how much metal and how much it'll weigh though, but time will tell for that.
(Mar. 22, 2019  4:02 AM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote: These images were extracted from this article on COROCORO comic site. In the article, they give more details about the re-made Storm Pegasus.
[Image: 236b9bf7724c55c23b3018284f8c8700.jpg]

"メタルといえば、アタックリングにあたる部分を本物のメタル製にしたため、威力や重量が超アップ! 衝突時の衝撃もスタジアムにフェンスが必要になるほど上昇した。"

To paraphrase this particular line explains "...because segments of the attack ring are made of genuine metal, power and weight are super-up! Due to the intensity of impact collisions, a stadium with fences is recommended."

This confirms speculations (including my own) that the Storm Metal Wheel segment will be recreated in its entirety along with the Pegasis Clear Wheel, but it's safe to assume that the two parts (along with the Face part) will be redesign as one, complete "Layer".

I had a feeling (as I'm sure many other players had) that this was TT's product plan since the beginning. Being as how the Cho-Z Layers were marketed and designed, it would be unusual for Takara Tomy to recreate the Storm Pegasis without its defining characteristics.

[Image: 457c0458ca851354bdf71b360cb6dd37.jpg]

So, the Fusion Wheel will be in full metal ?
My guess is that the inner part will be metal while the outside covering it will be plastic. The description said “segments”
(Mar. 22, 2019  12:33 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: My guess is that the inner part will be metal while the outside covering it will be plastic. The description said “segments”

No reason to guess. We can already see it from the pictures we have.
Everyone here’s hyped for storm pegasus remake/ an l drago remake, meanwhile i’m over here more interested in the cosmo disc and a rock leone remake.
(Mar. 27, 2019  8:25 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Lightning L-Drago Confirmed for Burst.

Where is the information source?
Look at the image of Pegasus in the stadium. I see forge disk stoppers on L-drago.
(Mar. 27, 2019  9:16 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Look at the image of Pegasus in the stadium. I see forge disk stoppers on L-drago.

I'm pretty sure that,the picture is from MFB days, not the burst remake.
(Mar. 27, 2019  9:16 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Look at the image of Pegasus in the stadium. I see forge disk stoppers on L-drago.

That is the spin track. The picture is of the original mfb versions.
(Mar. 27, 2019  9:21 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote:

I'm pretty sure that,the picture is from MFB days, not the burst remake.

And it's in a red BB-10 from MFB instead of the B-09 from Burst, which they'd never do if that was a picture of the Burst versions.

If you mean Burst Stoppers, you don't know MFB. That's just the Spin Track showing through the launcher gaps.
(Mar. 27, 2019  10:21 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2019  9:21 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote: I'm pretty sure that,the picture is from MFB days, not the burst remake.

And it's in a red BB-10 from MFB instead of the B-09 from Burst, which they'd never do if that was a picture of the Burst versions.

If you mean Burst Stoppers, you don't know MFB. That's just the Spin Track showing through the launcher gaps.

I'm pretty sure that's the red MFB BB-46 Balance Type Stadium and not a BB-10.
(Mar. 28, 2019  9:47 PM)TL14 Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2019  10:21 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: And it's in a red BB-10 from MFB instead of the B-09 from Burst, which they'd never do if that was a picture of the Burst versions.

I'm pretty sure that's the red MFB BB-46 Balance Type Stadium and not a BB-10.

Lol, I wouldn't know. I only have Hasbro MFB Stadiums. Either way, it proves my point that it has to be a picture of MFB Beys.
Not to be a downer, but I'm kind of upset that Storm Pegasus is being released in a random booster. For people who live in North America like me and have to order online, this means we'll have to buy a ton of random boosters or pay a lot more money for a guaranteed Storm Pegasus. Don't get me wrong though, I grew up with MFB and practically cried when I found out MFB remakes were coming! That being said, I hope Storm Pegasus has very good performance, unlike the awful performance of plastic gen remakes.
(Mar. 29, 2019  7:40 PM)SprigganNemesis Wrote: Not to be a downer, but I'm kind of upset that Storm Pegasus is being released in a random booster. For people who live in North America like me and have to order online, this means we'll have to buy a ton of random boosters or pay a lot more money for a guaranteed Storm Pegasus. Don't get me wrong though, I grew up with MFB and practically cried when I found out MFB remakes were coming! That being said, I hope Storm Pegasus has very good performance, unlike the awful performance of plastic gen remakes.

Performance will likely be better just because it's heavier, but even then don't expect competitive viability or anything from it. If they're releasing it on a disk as heavy as 10, and with a Frame as well, it's just not gonna weigh enough for competitive use.
(Mar. 29, 2019  8:37 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2019  7:40 PM)SprigganNemesis Wrote: Not to be a downer, but I'm kind of upset that Storm Pegasus is being released in a random booster. For people who live in North America like me and have to order online, this means we'll have to buy a ton of random boosters or pay a lot more money for a guaranteed Storm Pegasus. Don't get me wrong though, I grew up with MFB and practically cried when I found out MFB remakes were coming! That being said, I hope Storm Pegasus  has very good performance, unlike the awful performance of plastic gen remakes.

Performance will likely be better just because it's heavier, but even then don't expect competitive viability or anything from it. If they're releasing it on a disk as heavy as 10, and with a Frame as well, it's just not gonna weigh enough for competitive use.
What do you mean? All of the heaviest disks released with the most competitively viable Beyblades, maybe excluding 7.
(Mar. 29, 2019  11:12 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2019  8:37 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Performance will likely be better just because it's heavier, but even then don't expect competitive viability or anything from it. If they're releasing it on a disk as heavy as 10, and with a Frame as well, it's just not gonna weigh enough for competitive use.
What do you mean? All of the heaviest disks released with the most competitively viable Beyblades, maybe excluding 7.

This holds true, as all 4 of our major disks right now (7, 0, 10, and 00) were released without a frame in their first appearance , but those were also Boosters and Starters. Random Boosters play by a different ruleset, one unique to them alone. TT wants to prevent people from simply putting a Random Booster box on a scale and figuring out its contents by weighing it, so they choose disks and frames to make sure that all possibilities weight very similar amounts, making it harder to cheat the system by simply bringing a scale to the store, figuring out how much each option weighs, and get only the beys you want and depriving anyone else that option or guaranteeing only the pulls you want.

Think about it for a moment: In any Random Booster set with a Cho-Z layer as a prize, the prize has been on either 12 or 11, both which are super lightweight. Other Cho-Z options in those boosters have also stuck mostly to lighter disks as well. Lighter layers such as Random Booster 13's Dranzer Flame and Wolborg have come on heavier disks like 10 and 0, also often with frames to add even more weight. Those layers are so lightweight that they need these weighty disks and frames to weigh a similar amount to the heavier Cho-Z layers even on lightweight disks, thus evening out the weights among all releases better.

Just by the fact that this is on 10Glaive, a heavy disk with a frame equipped, I don't think the layer will weight nearly enough to actually work out in such a heavy Cho-Z and GT ridden metagame. That and the fact that Storm wasn't particularly the most impressive for Attack in the Metal Saga either.