[Product]  B-119 BeyLauncher LR

(Jun. 15, 2018  10:25 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: I just hope the string isn't flimsy like the past version. if it's durable enough for my strong launches, then i'll consider buying it.

As an adult I have to say if I can launch it hard and it's ok. You're doing it wrong probably
(Jun. 15, 2018  10:25 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: I just hope the string isn't flimsy like the past version. if it's durable enough for my strong launches, then i'll consider buying it.

As long as you don't yank the string REALLY hard and your not Houi, you should be fine.
(Jun. 16, 2018  12:08 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I knew waiting to replace my old one was a good idea! I love cool tones!

i hear that, my red beylauncher LRs are still functional but not as smooth as they used to be.  i also think they skip gears more easily now.

this isn’t unexpected, but i’d rather get a new awesome colorway if i’m spending the money...
I just don’t like how the string is so short. I’d love the launcher if they gave it a longer string
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:42 PM)OfficialGoob Wrote: I just don’t like how the string is so short. I’d love the launcher if they gave it a longer string

But unless they make it longer with more rotations, the string would be longer, and have the same rotations. A bad deal.
is this coming out on the same date as Revive Phoenix???
(Jul. 03, 2018  10:16 PM)V2KX Wrote: is this coming out on the same date as Revive Phoenix???

Nope, on July 14th alongside RBV11.
Bumping to add my experience.

All three of mine, purchased from three separate sellers, are noticeably defective, especially in left-spin, as others have noted in a different thread. Gears skipping, grinding, string getting caught internally, issues with attaching the bey and launching—all present. There's been no tweaking or upgrades to compensate for Cho-Z beys' weight whatsoever. With the defects, this launcher is a step backwards.

The gears of my nearly stripped B-88s perform better than the brand new B-119s, for reference. The gold LR launchers have the best performance so far. TT dropped the ball on quality control for these 100%. :/ I'm not expecting miracles out of the B-119s I still have on orders I can't cancel. Some users have reported no issues with their B-119s, so there is that, but IMO not worth gambling on if you're paying eBay prices.

My recommendation is to stay safe and pay a few extra bucks for B-88s if you're looking into getting new string launchers. That, or buying the gold version for a reasonable price off of YJA if possible.

I really dislike having to say this, but after giving them some serious use I'm about ready to chuck them. I've never dealt with a worse launcher. I highly advise not to invest in these, even for casual play. Competitive play is out of the picture entirely if you get unlucky with a defective one. The string needs to be pulled at maximum strength for the bey to barely launch, or worse, get completely stuck to the launcher. Standard and soft launches simply cannot be done. I shouldn't need to keep a screwdriver handy to free my bey from the launcher on a regular basis.

Super frustrating in addition to an absolutely abysmal performance, to say the least.
(Aug. 02, 2018  12:49 AM)sonyat Wrote: Bumping to add my experience.

All three of mine, purchased from three separate sellers, are noticeably defective, especially in left-spin, as others have noted in a different thread. Gears skipping, grinding, string getting caught internally, issues with attaching the bey and launching—all present. There's been no tweaking or upgrades to compensate for Cho-Z beys' weight whatsoever. With the defects, this launcher is a step backwards.

The gears of my nearly stripped B-88s perform better than the brand new B-119s, for reference. The gold LR launchers have the best performance so far. TT dropped the ball on quality control for these 100%. :/ I'm not expecting miracles out of the B-119s I still have on orders I can't cancel. Some users have reported no issues with their B-119s, so there is that, but IMO not worth gambling on if you're paying eBay prices.

My recommendation is to stay safe and pay a few extra bucks for B-88s if you're looking into getting new string launchers. That, or buying the gold version for a reasonable price off of YJA if possible.

It's a total *****, using string launchers on ChouZetsu beys is near impossible, or if you somehow managed to make them work, enjoy those few launches before they break. It's a shame since I've always preferred string launchers, but for the heavier beys ripcord launchers are stricly better.
(Aug. 02, 2018  1:45 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2018  12:49 AM)sonyat Wrote: Bumping to add my experience.

The gears of my nearly stripped B-88s perform better than the brand new B-119s, for reference. The gold LR launchers have the best performance so far. TT dropped the ball on quality control for these 100%. Uncertain I'm not expecting miracles out of the B-119s I still have on orders I can't cancel. Some users have reported no issues with their B-119s, so there is that, but IMO not worth gambling on if you're paying eBay prices.

It's a total *****, using string launchers on ChouZetsu beys is near impossible, or if you somehow managed to make them work, enjoy those few launches before they break. It's a shame since I've always preferred string launchers, but for the heavier beys ripcord launchers are stricly better.

Wait, what? Why are you suffering with this problem? On paper String Launchers have the clear mechanical advantage as I quote on @[MonoDragon],
(Nov. 26, 2017  6:22 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Beylauncher: little power due to too little weight from Burst parts

LR Beylauncher: More resistance and better gears for more power, possibly wears out faster

Light Launcher + Long Winder: Powerful but resistance can throw off launch if not familiar with how launcher feels. Also you would need the light launchers, standard and left spin if you want to use both types

LR Light Launcher: Same as Light Launcher but is not compatible with Long Winder, Requiem Spriggan set to come with LR Long Winder. Also different shaped prongs reduces launch consistency. Spriggan Requiem LR Light Launcher should come with better prongs

Sword Launcher: Gear multipliers for more power, but shorter ripcord makes it only equal to Light Launcher + Long Winder. Gears breaking are common. Right Spin only

Digital Sword Launcher: Gear multipliers and longer ripcord for more power and better LR prongs. Potentially even more fragile

So this, (and my experience) tells me that string operated launchers are better for the 'Heavy Duty'...
Furthermore, any Metal Fight Veteran will agree, the heavier the Beyblade, the more effective a String Launcher will be
The higher resistance of the BeyLauncher LR is generally a good thing for the lighter beys in Burst, but the regular Burst BeyLaunchers feel about on par with those from MFB when launching the newer, heavier Beyblades because the beys' greater masses create more resistance inside the older BeyLaunchers.

If you want your BeyLaunchers and BeyLauncher LRs to last longer with heavier beys, I'd recommend pulling slower at the start, then accelerating as you pull. This creates less strain on your launcher's internal mechanisms than just yanking the string as hard as you can from the get go.

I did this with my red BeyLauncher L/R after I broke my first one from Gravity Perseus, and it's lasted me all the way through years of 4D and Synchromes. I still use it.