[Product]  幻 (Gen) Weight

To be fair, Ace Dragon is the only stock combo that would have a chance, but I don't think the weight difference was overwhelming enough to beat through the rubber absorption.
The only use I see for this Gen layer weight is for Bearing-based combos since Bearing bursts so much.
The Bahamut chip almost needs Gen to be viable.
(May. 24, 2019  8:55 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The Bahamut chip almost needs Gen to be viable.

WF as well. Real bad start for left spinning GT beys.
Destroy' is viable for them, and that's about it. You need dash drivers for em, their teeth are so bad.
(May. 24, 2019  11:28 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Destroy' is viable for them, and that's about it. You need dash drivers for em, their teeth are so bad.
It's not the teeth responsible for this left-spin bursting issue. Both Wizard and Dread raise the GT chip up too high, leaving only the tips of the chip's teeth usable and making them significantly easier to burst as a result of these "shortened" teeth.

We don't need viable left spin chips, we need viable left-spin bases. That's where the problem lies.
Are you sure we're not just attaching the chips correctly?
(May. 24, 2019  8:55 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The Bahamut chip almost needs Gen to be viable.

Does the reduction in weight make Dread Bahamut Gen still viable?
Probably not! But I can't be sure. My dB hasn't arrived yet, and Gen is scarce and expensive.
(May. 25, 2019  6:39 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Probably not! But I can't be sure. My dB hasn't arrived yet, and Gen is scarce and expensive.

Some sellers price it at around 50USD just for the measly rubber Weight. I think one can fabricate that by just getting a broken rubber baller cut into the shape of that protrusion of Gen, then attaching it to the Weight of your choice. Of course, that would be illegal, just for casual play among friends (if you have any, cuz I don't).
(May. 25, 2019  5:26 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: It's not the teeth responsible for this left-spin bursting issue. Both Wizard and Dread raise the GT chip up too high, leaving only the tips of the chip's teeth usable and making them significantly easier to burst as a result of these "shortened" teeth.

We don't need viable left spin chips, we need viable left-spin bases. That's where the problem lies.

I don't think it's the bases! I think the left spin chips have very slightly shorter stalks! The raised bits with the teeth on them are very slightly less tall than the raised bits on a right spin chip.

Here's what I did.
I took Ashura, with its relatively low height teeth, and stood it on its face so that the teeth were pointing skyward.
Right next to it, I took Fafnir, with its normal teeth, and stood it on its face so that the teeth were pointing skyward.
Then I took a popsicle stick and placed it across the two sets of teeth. I centered it on the Ashura teeth and held it in place, and I checked to see if it was making equal contact with the Fafnir teeth.

It wasn't! There was a very small gap between the Fafnir teeth and the popsicle!

Hardly scientific or precise, but confirm for yourself if you want; Fafnir has a smaller stalk at least, and possibly Bahamut. I think... I think they might've made a huge error in their left spin chip production line!
(May. 27, 2019  3:26 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(May. 25, 2019  5:26 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: It's not the teeth responsible for this left-spin bursting issue. Both Wizard and Dread raise the GT chip up too high, leaving only the tips of the chip's teeth usable and making them significantly easier to burst as a result of these "shortened" teeth.

I don't think it's the bases! I think the left spin chips have very slightly shorter stalks! The raised bits with the teeth on them are very slightly less tall than the raised bits on a right spin chip.

Here's what I did.
I took Ashura, with its relatively low height teeth, and stood it on its face so that the teeth were pointing skyward.
Right next to it, I took Fafnir, with its normal teeth, and stood it on its face so that the teeth were pointing skyward.
Then I took a popsicle stick and placed it across the two sets of teeth. I centered it on the Ashura teeth and held it in place, and I checked to see if it was making equal contact with the Fafnir teeth.

It wasn't! There was a very small gap between the Fafnir teeth and the popsicle!

Hardly scientific or precise, but confirm for yourself if you want; Fafnir has a smaller stalk at least, and possibly Bahamut. I think... I think they might've made a huge error in their left spin chip production line!

If that is a "huge error", it'll actually impact the whole distribution channels of Takara Tomy, which can also be a fiasco. No, I think it was done as so to balance the right and left spins (like planned obsolescence in gadgets).

So far in the GT releases and upcoming line-up, 

Right spin Bases are Ace, Gran, Rock, Slash, Bushin, Cosmo, Judgment, Venom

Right spin Chips are Dragon, Valkyrie, Ashura, Joker

Left spin Bases are Wizard, Dread, Erase

Left spin Chips are Fafnir, Bahamut

Dual spin Chip is Diaboros

Just looking at the current released line-ups, I don't think TT will simply release mirror image copies of right spin Chips to correspond to their respective types in opposite spin. The "disadvantage", in my view, serves as a curb for people not to use too many left spin Beys in their deck especially in official tournaments. By wanting TT to make those stalks of the teeth for left spins equal with or possibly better than the right spins, TT is just going to remake the pP/aH/dF/aB/hS/Sr/czS meta hell many Bladers had endured in the respective Burst seasons. If you'd note, all left spin only Layers have had sub-par/abysmal teeth compared to their tightest right spin counterpart.

I think that it is actually ingenious on TT's part that they probably did the "huge error", so as to try and curb attention too much to using left spins in a supposedly right spin dominated release lin-up. Of course, I could be wrong. This is just my take on the release trends of TT.

I just feel that the discontent with the current GT releases being much more prone to Bursting stems from majority of the Bladers being too exposed to the almost-no-Burst vibes by most Chouzetsu and certain God releases.
(May. 27, 2019  3:59 AM)ElectroBladers Wrote: What bey will it be used for?

Its release is somehow akin to the Blue Level Chips during Chouzetsu era: you win in Japanese G4 tournaments, you get this as a prize. 

They do sell those at a premium especially for tourist Bladers who don't want to participate in the event but still want one, but at a limited stock. 

As of now, Gen is not really part of the normally released Weights so far. TT markets it as viable with JJ and WF to improve their Burst Resistance at the cost of decreased weight and stability.
(May. 27, 2019  1:41 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(May. 25, 2019  6:39 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Probably not! But I can't be sure. My dB hasn't arrived yet, and Gen is scarce and expensive.

Some sellers price it at around 50USD just for the measly rubber Weight. I think one can fabricate that by just getting a broken rubber baller cut into the shape of that protrusion of Gen, then attaching it to the Weight of your choice. Of course, that would be illegal, just for casual play among friends (if you have any, cuz I don't).

Where did you find that deal? The cheapest I could find was $80 on Ebay
(May. 27, 2019  5:45 PM)TheBladingCow Wrote:
(May. 27, 2019  1:41 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Some sellers price it at around 50USD just for the measly rubber Weight. I think one can fabricate that by just getting a broken rubber baller cut into the shape of that protrusion of Gen, then attaching it to the Weight of your choice. Of course, that would be illegal, just for casual play among friends (if you have any, cuz I don't).

Cheapest way is use Zenmarket or buyee and buy it from Japan directry.
In Japan it's already around 20$ to 30$
(May. 27, 2019  6:41 PM)marutti Wrote:
(May. 27, 2019  5:45 PM)TheBladingCow Wrote: Where did you find that deal? The cheapest I could find was $80 on Ebay

Cheapest way is use Zenmarket or buyee and buy it from Japan directry.

could you give us links? I'm having trouble finding it on Zenmarket
(May. 27, 2019  11:17 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(May. 27, 2019  6:41 PM)marutti Wrote: Cheapest way is use Zenmarket or buyee and buy it from Japan directry.

could you give us links? I'm having trouble finding it on Zenmarket

I couldn't find them on either site as well.
So I've been doing some testing with the Gen weight and it's pretty decent, Dread Bahamut so far for me seems to be a really weak GT Layer Set. When I put on the Gen weight with the combo I had for dB it actually performed way better than before. It was able to take hits and survive against the Cho-Z awakening Beys. (Combo used was Dread Bahamut 00Bump Atomic off memory)
(May. 28, 2019  1:33 AM)originalzankye Wrote: So I've been doing some testing with the Gen weight and it's pretty decent, Dread Bahamut so far for me seems to be a really weak GT Layer Set. When I put on the Gen weight with the combo I had for dB it actually performed way better than before. It was able to take hits and survive against the Cho-Z awakening Beys. (Combo used was Dread Bahamut 00Bump Atomic off memory)

have you tested it with Joker?
(May. 28, 2019  2:03 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(May. 28, 2019  1:33 AM)originalzankye Wrote: So I've been doing some testing with the Gen weight and it's pretty decent, Dread Bahamut so far for me seems to be a really weak GT Layer Set. When I put on the Gen weight with the combo I had for dB it actually performed way better than before. It was able to take hits and survive against the Cho-Z awakening Beys. (Combo used was Dread Bahamut 00Bump Atomic off memory)

have you tested it with Joker?

Jokers tough since the bey is 50/50 but it only slightly helps, doesn't really do all that well like it did for Dread Bahamut.
(May. 28, 2019  2:17 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(May. 28, 2019  2:03 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: have you tested it with Joker?

Jokers tough since the bey is 50/50 but it only slightly helps, doesn't really do all that well like it did for Dread Bahamut.

What about with Slash Valkyrie? Since it is known to have a bursting problem.
(May. 27, 2019  5:45 PM)TheBladingCow Wrote:
(May. 27, 2019  1:41 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Some sellers price it at around 50USD just for the measly rubber Weight. I think one can fabricate that by just getting a broken rubber baller cut into the shape of that protrusion of Gen, then attaching it to the Weight of your choice. Of course, that would be illegal, just for casual play among friends (if you have any, cuz I don't).

We actually have dedicated sellers in the Philippines like Mack the Burst, who goes overseas once a month to get supplies to bring back home. He's the best we got in our country for our Beyblading needs.
I know some have posted Japanese reviews of the Gen Weight but I have an English video for anyone to check out on the layer weight if people are wondering about it