Problem with SPAMMING

In last some days SPAMMING is very high. Some of very new users and some little bit older go very off-topic and awake "dead" threads. I think more Moderators should be added to control low quality and spam post faster (hopefully from different timezones to make moderating better).
I agree with this. Many users are spamming new threads and in threads so they can become an organizer. It isn’t a good way to become an organizer.
I also agree. I could be a moderator if anyone needs me to do it.
(Jun. 24, 2019  3:51 PM)ks123 Wrote: In last some days SPAMMING is very high. Some of very new users and some little bit older go very off-topic and awake "dead" threads. I think more Moderators should be added to control low quality and spam post faster (hopefully from different timezones to make moderating better).

This is very true! I think last night and this morning we had 5 of them

EDIT: I could be a mod. I’m 90% of the time first to see the spammers,
Honestly I think they're just gunning for the 50 post count (one even stated this was the reason why they were spamming) and it's really not a good look on them if they want to be allowed to take the organizer's quiz. I always check out the latest posts tabs and it's annoying to see the same user copypasta-ing the same response in multiple threads.
It was on my mind recently. Spamming got kind of crazy in the past days. More moderators certainly would be helpful, but I also feel like the required 50 posts to become an organizer is excessively high and it low-key encourages the spammy behavior that we see these days. I would not mind some insight from one of the leaders of the WBO regarding this issue.
I dont think 50 posts is a huge problem, but yeah, it could be lowered to maybe 20 or 25 posts. But I would never use requirements as an excuse to start spamming
The 50 posts is a rule so organizers actually know stuff about BEYBLADE. Like what’s legal, what’s not, etc.

50 posts is a rule so organizers know what they’re doing. Like what’s legal, what’s not, etc.
(Jun. 24, 2019  4:53 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The 50 posts is a rule so organizers actually know stuff about BEYBLADE. Like what’s legal, what’s not, etc.

50 posts is a rule so organizers know what they’re doing. Like what’s legal, what’s not, etc.

I get that. I do wonder if the mods review what the person comments in, though. There are a bunch of non-Beyblade threads here, so what if the person is sticking around those rather than tournament/anime/hobby threads? Just a curious thought
(Jun. 24, 2019  4:28 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I also agree. I could be a moderator if anyone needs me to do it.

How do you become a moderator, though?
If someone can't reach 50 posts legitimately, I wouldn't trust them to:

1. Take the organizer's quiz
2. Organize a tournament (venue, fees, format)
3. Have the wherewithal to gather wbo participants, participants in general

I just can't have any respect for those people on the forum and I really try my best to not take things seriously; really kills my vibe.
(Jun. 24, 2019  5:27 PM)Beynote Wrote: How do you become a moderator, though?

I kinda noticed there are multiple ways. Some people would attempt to ask mods themselves, but I noticed thats a universal method of showing your petty and desperate you are. Other way is application, too. I think the mods would just judge others, before bringing up to the other mods. Say, they might think you are mature so they consider asking the others to promote you

Im not the speaker for the WBO, so dont rely on me. Most of the methods I said above are how most sites handle modship, so Im assuming theyre general enough to be applied here as well
Yes, a lot of users have been spamming. But I think that some users dont even know what spamming is, or that the shouldn’t revive archaic threads. Or what being an organizer means.
Okay, I’m not saying that this is a bad thing but the current mods haven’t been very active lately, so maybe we should get some extra mods. Like some people who see spammers immediately and don’t spam. (I could do it! Also don’t count my friend against me for spamming)
(Jun. 24, 2019  4:40 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2019  3:51 PM)ks123 Wrote: In last some days SPAMMING is very high. Some of very new users and some little bit older go very off-topic and awake "dead" threads. I think more Moderators should be added to control low quality and spam post faster (hopefully from different timezones to make moderating better).

This is very true! I think last night and this morning we had 5 of them

EDIT: I could be a mod. I’m 90% of the time first to see the spammers,

Same
Well, if the WBO needs more mods, PM me.
Okay, now this thread has turned into the “Make Me A Moderator Thread!” Let’s try to do something about the spamming.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:20 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Okay, now this thread has turned into the “Make Me A Moderator Thread!” Let’s try to do something about the spamming.

1: Report It when you see it.
2: Don't reply to the thread
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:22 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:20 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Okay, now this thread has turned into the “Make Me A Moderator Thread!” Let’s try to do something about the spamming.

1: Report It when you see it.
2: Tell others to report it when you see it
3: Don't reply to the thread
It needs to be enforced, because that’s literally what everyone does.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:23 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:22 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: 1: Report It when you see it.
2: Tell others to report it when you see it
3: Don't reply to the thread
It needs to be enforced, because that’s literally what everyone does.

I know! They could make it where someone makes an account, They have to wait a few days before being able to post.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:27 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:23 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: It needs to be enforced, because that’s literally what everyone does.

I know! They could make it where someone makes an account, They have to wait a few days before being able to post.

No. Just update the PM you get when you join to include the spamming stuff. For those who’ve already joined then send PMs to them.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:28 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:27 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I know! They could make it where someone makes an account, They have to wait a few days before being able to post.

No. Just update the PM you get when you join to include the spamming stuff. For those who’ve already joined then send PMs to them.

Maybe, but that won't stop robots from spamming.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:30 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:28 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: No. Just update the PM you get when you join to include the spamming stuff. For those who’ve already joined then send PMs to them.

Maybe, but that won't stop robots from spamming.

Then the only thing we can do is ban them.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:31 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:30 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Maybe, but that won't stop robots from spamming.

Then the only thing we can do is ban them.

They'll just make a new account and do it again though.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:32 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:31 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Then the only thing we can do is ban them.

They'll just make a new account and do it again though.
Ban the IP. That’s what we do.