Potential of Wolborg 4

Hi guys,

I only have a couple of Metal Fight beyblades, however I am having success with Wolborg 4 as a defense type against beyblades equipped with RF. There is virtually no recoil and the bulk seems to be effective in keeping itself within the stadium. I was wondering about others' results and whether or not people feel there is potential for Wolborg 4 as a defense beyblade.
It is not part of MFB so it is not needed to be tested
Oh, I'm sorry, can I reiterate?

What I meant to imply was that I was surprised by Wolborg 4's performance against MFB tops, however I did not mean to ask about its potential in an exclusively MFB environment.
I wonder if that's legal though, if we can use last gen beys with MFBs. I can't really see why not as they are supposed to be bettered by MFBs and if we could allow those beys in MFB tourneys.
I moved this thread to the Beyblade Customizations thread.

As stated earlier, it's not legal, but it seems to be interesting in the least.

What we need from you to back up your statement is testing using an MFB TAKARA-TOMY Attack Type Beystadium using top-tier attack type beys (or strong attack type beys that you have, others might be able to post). If you cannot do this, however, I will have to close the thread.
Thanks for the heads up, OkiBlaze ~

At the moment I am only just getting back into the game, so I do not own a the aforementioned stadium. I posted because I was seeking more educated results, as opposed to the results of my limited collection and equipment.
the ar is almost as bad as draciels 10 spike eas t knock bey offl balance . The base doesn't hav enough weight/grip to supply effiecent defence quality
Adding Tiger Defense or War Lion as the AR and switching the weight disk to Wide Defense would beef it up a lot. I see where you are coming from, but I'd still have to say the standard rubber tipped zombie combo or a compact combo would be the best choice for defense.

Specific Zombie Combo
AR: Tiger Defense
WD: Ten Wide or Wide Survivor
BB: Customize Bearing Base
SG: Neo Left SG (Double Bearing Version with Wolborg 2's rubber tip)
SP: Cross Survival

Specific Compact Combo
*Add the rare Metal Bit Chip if possible*
AR: Smash Turtle
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right SG (Heavy Metal Version)
BB: SG Metal Ball Base (4 Metal Balls)

I'd like to see this topic open for people to test MFB vs Plastics or HMS, and I would contribute when I finally buy some plastics again.
[quote='Evan' pid='649764' dateline='1305565272']
Specific Compact Combo

i find that wolborg 1 bases is much better
(May. 16, 2011  6:06 PM)poseidon Wrote:
(May. 16, 2011  6:01 PM)Evan Wrote: Specific Compact Combo

i find that wolborg 1 bases is much better

It works well, but it is higher up making it more susceptible to low attacks. Also with Cross Survivor you gain added spin stealing from the small protrusions and more stamina from weight being focused on the outside.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about my zombie combo. Using wolborg 1's base makes NO sense on a compact defense combo......
(May. 16, 2011  6:01 PM)Evan Wrote: Adding Tiger Defense or War Lion as the AR and switching the weight disk to Wide Defense would beef it up a lot. I see where you are coming from, but I'd still have to say the standard rubber tipped zombie combo or a compact combo would be the best choice for defense.

Specific Zombie Combo

Specific Compact Combo

I'd like to see this topic open for people to test MFB vs Plastics or HMS, and I would contribute when I finally buy some plastics again.

Yes, the only part I am considering is the BB+EG+EW business that Wolborg has going on. I think the balance and stamina on those parts are quite poor, however, I am also finding it very immune to upper and smash attack. I wouldn't surprise if a heavier smasher could take this beyblade out, but i still beieve there is potential for it, because it is a part that few people consider.
(May. 17, 2011  9:11 AM)Taeyang Wrote: Yes, the only part I am considering is the BB+EG+EW business that Wolborg has going on. I think the balance and stamina on those parts are quite poor, however, I am also finding it very immune to upper and smash attack. I wouldn't surprise if a heavier smasher could take this beyblade out, but i still beieve there is potential for it, because it is a part that few people consider.

AR: War Lion or Tiger Defense
WD: Wide Survivor or Wide Defense or 10 Wide
BB+EG: Wolborg 4

That is probably the best stamina combo you can make with Wolborg 4. Please post some tests, I'd love to see them as I don't have any plastics :\
Reading the posts in this thread is nostalgic. A format that allowed beyblades from all three generations would be interesting.
That was the open format however it's no longer used ...
It's too bad nobody tried that out. I'd like to see how some HMS attack types would do vs MFB anything really.
Actually DEMS Attack combo an KO most of the MFB Defense combo's before the release of Maximum Series beys.
If DEMS (which I really badly want, I miss my old one Crying) could do that, imagine the power of Samurai Changer...
(May. 17, 2011  9:40 PM)Evan Wrote:
(May. 17, 2011  9:11 AM)Taeyang Wrote: Yes, the only part I am considering is the BB+EG+EW business that Wolborg has going on. I think the balance and stamina on those parts are quite poor, however, I am also finding it very immune to upper and smash attack. I wouldn't surprise if a heavier smasher could take this beyblade out, but i still beieve there is potential for it, because it is a part that few people consider.

AR: War Lion or Tiger Defense
WD: Wide Survivor or Wide Defense or 10 Wide
BB+EG: Wolborg 4

That is probably the best stamina combo you can make with Wolborg 4. Please post some tests, I'd love to see them as I don't have any plastics :\

Or Draciel G's BB. Cant remember the exact reason though but iirc, Nic mentioned something about the release mechanism in Wolborg 4 BB and Draciel G. Final clutch was it? It was small enough to house EG for Wolborg 4's bowl and still have a clutch system....
(May. 19, 2011  5:13 AM)Aquilaz112 Wrote: Actually DEMS Attack combo an KO most of the MFB Defense combo's before the release of Maximum Series beys.

Yeah I thought that DEMS was pretty ace against MFB. I only have three MFB ATM, so I wasnt for sure, but it seemed that way

@ Pcyborg

hey I never knew that wolborg 4's ring fit around draciel G's base, haha
I just went and tried it
it is noticeably heavier than wolborg 4's clutchless base, so for purposes of defense i think that is useful

: )
Actually an uncostumized dems can ko a mf earth c145WB
Unfortunatly it can t ko CS defence combos,but that is cause i m not using my grip flat core or my grip flat core UV
I would totally do requested test if I was not going to sell my hms.
Unfortunatly beyblade is an expansive hobby and I need moneys to upgrade my HWS collection, last relase I bought is grand ketos..
BTW I belive the best hms attack combos can ko everything but maximum series.
Yeah sorry for the OT but it s still something related to the open format(since the discussion was moving on the open format)
(May. 22, 2011  7:17 PM)Gianmarco.93 Wrote: Yeah sorry for the OT but it s still something related to the open format(since the discussion was moving on the open format)

I'd love to see any MFB vs HMS tests. If good HMS (even a slightly used rubber flat core) weren't so expensive these days, I'd buy some to test.
(May. 23, 2011  6:35 AM)Evan Wrote:
(May. 22, 2011  7:17 PM)Gianmarco.93 Wrote: Yeah sorry for the OT but it s still something related to the open format(since the discussion was moving on the open format)

I'd love to see any MFB vs HMS tests. If good HMS (even a slightly used rubber flat core) weren't so expensive these days, I'd buy some to test.

I have a few HMS beys, (Hopper, Draciel, Dranzer, Sea Drake, Phantom Wolf, Wolborg, Advance Attacker?) I COULD test them against my MFBs. I just don't have a TT atk stadium.
ON TOPIC
I think I still have my Wolborg 4, I can do some testing in a couple Hasbro stadiums.