Possible 3D Print/Modification Format

Ok, so i definitely think we need one of these. made this thread to brainstorm rule ideas, formatting, etc.

Possible Rules:

weight cannot exceed 10 grams more than the heaviest wbo legal TT/Hasbro combination.
no metal protrusions.
Bey must be part of an existing system.
no lego beys.
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:56 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Ok, so i definitely think we need one of these. made this thread to brainstorm rule ideas, formatting, etc.

Possible Rules:

weight cannot exceed 10 grams more than the heaviest wbo legal TT/Hasbro combination.
no metal protrusions.
no lego beys.

So cho x beys are banned?
(Feb. 09, 2021  6:02 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  5:56 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Ok, so i definitely think we need one of these. made this thread to brainstorm rule ideas, formatting, etc.

Possible Rules:

no metal protrusions.
no lego beys.

So cho x beys are banned?

i meant no metal protrusions as metal contact points.
(Feb. 09, 2021  6:04 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  6:02 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: So cho x beys are banned?

i meant no metal protrusions as metal contact points.

Cho x beys have that
(Sep. 10, 2020  7:08 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2020  3:29 PM)Dacatman Wrote: I was asking to see if anyone wanted this as well as me.

We (6Jupiter5 and I) made some test rules.

3D Printed tournaments would be very difficult to Organize. To truly decide whether a Layer or Driver is OP, the Organizer would have to print it and test it on a bunch of combos. Also the unique avatar rule is completely unnecessary. The name of the Avatar doesn't matter at all, and an Organizer has no place to decide that someone's Avatar name has to be different, especially since most people design their Beys with an avatar in mind. As for allowed materials, common things like PLA, ABS, and resin should be allowed, but there could also be concerns about judges not being able to identify the exact material, which could allow people to bypass the rules. Overall, I think 3D Printed Beys should not get their own WBO format.
Something that Citrus had said before.
Personally, although I do want to see it happen, it’s just too much work and money spent on internet strangers especially when you add deck formats.
I would like to see this happen. Although, I'm doubtful it will go through. maybe only allow 3D printed layers. and test the combo against top tier combos.
here's an idea: Set a few file designers, and the files can be distributed for money. If you want to submit a bey, send the file to the designers. If tested, tweaked(if necessary), and approved, the file will be for sale at the original creator's designated price. Half the proceeds can go to the creator and half to the WBO. The designers can also produce their own files and designers and creators can print beys for others(for a higher price, of course). This way, the WBO gets money, the creators get money, and the designers get money.
(Feb. 09, 2021  8:43 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: here's an idea: Set a few file designers, and the files can be distributed for money. If you want to submit a bey, send the file to the designers. If tested, tweaked(if necessary), and approved, the file will be for sale at the original creator's designated price. Half the proceeds can go to the creator and half to the WBO. The designers can also produce their own files and designers and creators can print beys for others(for a higher price, of course). This way, the WBO gets money, the creators get money, and the designers get money.

So the wbbo gets money for what? Saying your bey is good to go? It seems like the wbbo gets money for no work
(Feb. 09, 2021  9:02 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  8:43 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: here's an idea: Set a few file designers, and the files can be distributed for money. If you want to submit a bey, send the file to the designers. If tested, tweaked(if necessary), and approved, the file will be for sale at the original creator's designated price. Half the proceeds can go to the creator and half to the WBO. The designers can also produce their own files and designers and creators can print beys for others(for a higher price, of course). This way, the WBO gets money, the creators get money, and the designers get money.

So the wbbo gets money for what? Saying your bey is good to go? It seems like the wbbo gets money for no work

Bruh... Money is how mods keep the site running. This should be known stuff.
(Feb. 09, 2021  9:09 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  9:02 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: So the wbbo gets money for what? Saying your bey is good to go? It seems like the wbbo gets money for no work

Bruh... Money is how mods keep the site running. This should be known stuff.

And they should find a way to get money through other means. Not just high jacking someone’s hard work.
(Feb. 09, 2021  9:28 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  9:09 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Bruh... Money is how mods keep the site running. This should be known stuff.

And they should find a way to get money through other means. Not just high jacking someone’s hard work.

It’s not like h to e person won’t get money. Depending on the popularity of the bey, they could make a lot. But how is the wbo gonna pay for prizes, tournaments, etc.? Money makes the world go round. You would be telling the site to sell your product. They should get some money in return. That’s how retail stores like Walmart and target work lol
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:18 AM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  9:28 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: And they should find a way to get money through other means. Not just high jacking someone’s hard work.

It’s not like h to e person won’t get money. Depending on the popularity of the bey, they could make a lot. But how is the wbo gonna pay for prizes, tournaments, etc.? Money makes the world go round. You would be telling the site to sell your product. They should get some money in return. That’s how retail stores like Walmart and target work lol

Ok but is there a option where the wbbo can say you can use your bey but not have it sold. Cause some people just want their own bey that no one can use like in the anime.

Isnt this almost the exact same thing that TT and Hasbro are doing(only difference is they dont need to split the money with anyone)? Wouldn't this idea form a metagame soon enough just like the current formats that we already have? Idk, it seems unnecessary to me.
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:25 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:18 AM)The Blacknight Wrote: It’s not like h to e person won’t get money. Depending on the popularity of the bey, they could make a lot. But how is the wbo gonna pay for prizes, tournaments, etc.? Money makes the world go round. You would be telling the site to sell your product. They should get some money in return. That’s how retail stores like Walmart and target work lol

Ok but is there a option where the wbbo can say you can use your bey but not have it sold. Cause some people just want their own bey that no one can use like in the anime.
if your bey is really good(like tempest), yet no one else has it, isn't that a but unfair?
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:08 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:25 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Ok but is there a option where the wbbo can say you can use your bey but not have it sold. Cause some people just want their own bey that no one can use like in the anime.
if your bey is really good(like tempest), yet no one else has it, isn't that a but unfair?

And this is why this type of format will not work. People say it offers a more creative aspect to bladers, but after a while a metagame will start coming in and make it not different to any of the formats we have.
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:03 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  8:43 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: here's an idea: Set a few file designers, and the files can be distributed for money. If you want to submit a bey, send the file to the designers. If tested, tweaked(if necessary), and approved, the file will be for sale at the original creator's designated price. Half the proceeds can go to the creator and half to the WBO. The designers can also produce their own files and designers and creators can print beys for others(for a higher price, of course). This way, the WBO gets money, the creators get money, and the designers get money.

Isnt this almost the exact same thing that TT and Hasbro are doing(only difference is they dont need to split the money with anyone)? Wouldn't this idea form a metagame soon enough just like the current formats that we already have? Idk, it seems unnecessary to me.

Exactly. If it aint broke, dont fix it. It would form a metagame, but the whole point is that people can ADD to the metagame. It's a beyblade democracy. ofc, we might wanna give a bit more money to the creators, but depending on the popularity, this could keep the WBO running, pay for prizes and tourneys, and a lot more stuff.

(Feb. 10, 2021  3:11 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:08 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: if your bey is really good(like tempest), yet no one else has it, isn't that a but unfair?

And this is why this type of format will not work. People say it offers a more creative aspect to bladers, but after a while a metagame will start coming in and make it not different to any of the formats we have.

again, add to the metagame. if you think you can change smth, then you can.
Also, how would others have access to these beys? Would they print them/buy them?
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:17 PM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: Also, how would others have access to these beys? Would they print them/buy them?

They would buy the files, put in an order for someone else to print
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:08 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:25 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Ok but is there a option where the wbbo can say you can use your bey but not have it sold. Cause some people just want their own bey that no one can use like in the anime.

No because you have to make a bey that’s better
(Feb. 10, 2021  8:40 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:08 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: if your bey is really good(like tempest), yet no one else has it, isn't that a but unfair?

Actually, that’s a good idea
Ok, I know this is off-topic, but I really need to download a Hasbro 3D printing file. Could someone send me one?
(Feb. 10, 2021  8:40 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:

I’m going to write up a simple proposal for a “Modded Format” where all parts and Beys are welcome; if and any only if you’re battling in that specific category. All Beys and underdogs will be welcome to battle against each other if they feel as though their Beys are strong enough to withstand the pressure with no penalties to the Bladers. Parents would sign waivers and Beys would be inspected for potentially dangerous parts. You can have the 3D part; I support it fam!
More rule:
1 bey only (this is done to reduce work on part of others)
Layers only (for 3d printing)
3D remakes of already existing beys are allowed
(Feb. 10, 2021  9:04 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: More rule:
1 bey only (this is done to reduce work on part of others)
Layers only (for 3d printing)
3D remakes of already existing beys are allowed

Why not drivers?