Polta/Saizo/Spark Knight article

Quote:__TOC__

==Colour Variation==
The original Takara release was clear red while the hasbro release was plain red plastic.

==Attack Ring (AR): Try Cutter==
*’’’Weight:’’’ 4 grams
Try Cutter is a circular shape with three small points and three larger points. The small size of this AR does give it some use in two less conventional types of attack, which focus on using other parts to attack: Weight Disk Attack and Support Part Attack. It is important to note, however, that neither of these types have ever been as effective as conventional attack, and as such, this AR is best seen as an interesting part rather than one with any competitive worth. Also, despite the small size, it still has too poor a distribution, and too much recoil, to be of any real use to [[Zombie|Zombies]] and [[Defense]] types.

=== Use in [[WD Attack]] Customization ===

Try Cutter is a very compact AR leaving the most of the weight disk used in this combo exposed. The

*'''AR:''' Try Cutter (Polta/Ultimate Saizo/Spark Knight)
*'''WD:''' [[Wide Defense]]
*'''BB:''' Grip Base ([[Dragoon Grip Attacker]])

=== Use in Support Part Attack ===
In order to focus on attacking with the support part only, smaller parts aside from the SP and BB must be used. Trycutter is perfect for this. Upper Attack SP provide good upper attack, easily reaching under opponents, Customize Grip Base offers high movement speed, and the 10 Heavy/Heavy Metal Core combination enhances the [[Upper Attack]] ability.

* '''AR:''' Trycutter ([[Polta]])
* '''WD:''' [[Heavy Weight Disks | Ten Heavy]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#V_and_V2_Series_Spin_Gears|Neo Right SG]] (Heavy Metal Core)
* '''SP:''' Upper Attack ([[Driger V2]])
* '''BB:''' Customize Grip Base ([[Dragoon V2]])

==Weight Disk (WD): Six Wide ==
See [[Wide Weight Disks | Six Wide]].

==Blade Base (BB): Sharp ==
See [[Sharp BB]]

==Other Versions==
*Spark Knight
*Ultimate Saizo

==Overall==
[[[Polta]]] is useless for competitive play and has been entirely outclassed by numerous parts. This Beyblade would only be worth getting for collection purposes.

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

May need a little tweaking. After that all the three articles need are pictures. I have a mint/near mint polta although some of the stickers are pealing a bit.
``The AR section needs to make mention of WD Attack. Even if it sucks, it's still the main AR for it. That and SP attack.

Basically, the small size means it allows other parts of the beyblade to attack. I'll come up with something to explain it all in a little. Gotta actually shower and wake up first. 18 hours of sleep means I'm still mentally catching up. Wore myself out beyblading against r0ckbull for hours and hours yesterday, hah.

I don't have the beyblade myself, I'm afraid, so this is all based on what I have learnt off others.

Quote: The small size of this AR does give it some use in two less conventional types of attack, which focus on using other parts to attack: Weight Disk Attack and Support Part Attack. It is important to note, however, that neither of these types have ever been as effective as conventional attack, and as such, this AR is best seen as an interesting part rather than one with any competitive worth. Also, despite the small size, it still has too poor a distribution, and too much recoil, to be of any real use to [[Zombie|Zombies]] and [[Defense]] types.

Fiddle with it as you wish, but yeah.
I didn't mention it because it sucks like you said. What you said is perfect. I'll add it onto the part description tomorrow.
Mmm, well, even if something sucks, it at least deserves an explanation of why it sucks and what, if anything, it can do, not matter how useless it is.

It's an attitude I don't think a lot of older beywiki articles gave enough thought to. You probably read or even recall the amount of work it took for Bluezee to get Spiral Change Base, which has the best life after death of any base ever, recognized. He actually had to convince Brad to try it to prove the point. We need to give people an idea of what things can do, or what their limitations are, as it means that one day, someone reading it might find a way to overcome that limitation. Just like you have to actually use a part extensively to write about it, something I think a couple of people who write/wrote about plastics don't do. Honestly, no combination should ever go into an article unless the writer, or another contributor, has actually used it. Otherwise we get things like the Dragoon V2 (all three combinations don't work), Draciel F (6 balls isn't possible under our rules, and you can't get 6 full size balls in there under any rules), and old Dragoon GT article (there is no way to use that AR, or look at it properly, and say "YEAH IT'S UPPER ATTACK").

While Spiral change base may be the most notable example we'll ever see, it should be enough of a lesson to teach us, if we want to be a true encyclopedia for beyblades, that we have to be 100% totally and utterly thorough.

Sorry for the tenuously related lecture, it's not even particularly related to this topic or you, hah, but yeah.

Anyway, the combo's I was thinking of for both are basically:
WD Attack

AR: Trycutter
WD: Wide Defense
BB: Grip Base

You can probably swap the base for something else, might be too light for recoil or something. Being hypocritical by posting something I haven't tested Speechless You can also check the Ultimate Dragoon Article and use the one in there. Though I'm not sure how well it works, given I only just edited it so you can actually put it together, because apparently checking that kind of thing before posting articles wasn't a big deal.

SP Attack: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...mbinations

Just if you want to include them, probably not worthwhile. Maybe mention something like "...Weight Disk Attack (usually with [[Wide Defense]]) and SP Attack (usually with [[Driger_V2#Support_Part_.28SP.29:_Upper_Attack|Upper Attack SP]])."

There's also a combo on Polta's article on beyblade damasshi(that's not how you spell it but hopefully you've understood what I meant).
Honestly, Star Attack, and all Attack WD's, just have far too much recoil to be useful for anything. Definitely stick with wide defense.

Not everything on Damashii is 100% correct, it existed before we properly established that externalised weight was the best thing for smash attackers, for example, so there's a lot of 10 Heavy smash attackers around, and stuff.
(Feb. 05, 2012  2:47 AM)th!nk Wrote: Mmm, well, even if something sucks, it at least deserves an explanation of why it sucks and what, if anything, it can do, not matter how useless it is.

This is exactly how I feel, and it's why I usually try to add a "Use in x Customization" section for most parts. Even if something sucks, it might be the only thing someone has, and even if it isn't, it might encourage them to play around with it, which is never a bad thing.

Anyways, this article seems ready to go. Just add the WD/SP Attack section + that th!nk wrote, along with a combo suggestion. Also, make sure things like "Attack" and "Attack Ring" are capitalized.
Mmm, while I don't always go as far as throwing in customizations, I will probably make more effort to do so from now on.

It'd be good to have the SP attack part in a polta article too, seeing as my driger v2 rewrite is more focussed on purely practical customization, there's a link to polta when the SP attack combo is bought up, so if that gets approved, it'd be a good way to have the information there, but not the way.
(Feb. 05, 2012  7:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: Mmm, while I don't always go as far as throwing in customizations, I will probably make more effort to do so from now on.

You don't necessarily have to go that far, but like you said, you should at least make an effort to describe it's intended use/what it could be used for.
Another thing to note is that the takara release was clear red but the Hasbro one was not clear at all. Also I have no idea where to get pics to put in the beybox since i'm not allowed to break copyright.
(Feb. 05, 2012  7:42 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 05, 2012  7:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: Mmm, while I don't always go as far as throwing in customizations, I will probably make more effort to do so from now on.

You don't necessarily have to go that far, but like you said, you should at least make an effort to describe it's intended use/what it could be used for.

Ah, okay, I mostly have that covered.

Ultra: Pretty sure we are okay to use stock/publicity images aren't we? http://images.populus.ch/pixdir/su//supe.../polta.jpg
http://jovicom.home.xs4all.nl/zirno/vinc...ain400.jpg
http://jovicom.home.xs4all.nl/zirno/vinc...ain400.jpg

I mean, we use other images like that on other articles. Confused

Oh, also, what does the name "Polta" actually mean? I never found that out Confused
(Feb. 03, 2012  7:43 PM)Ultra Wrote: _TOC_

==Colour Variation==
The original Takara release was clear red while the Hasbro release was opaque/solid red plastic.

==Attack Ring (AR): Try Cutter==
*’’’Weight:’’’ 4 grams
Try Cutter is a circular shaped Attack Ring with three small points and three larger points. Its small size of this AR does give it some use in two less conventional types of attack, which focus on using other parts to attack: Weight Disk Attack and Support Part Attack. It is important to note, however, that neither of these types have ever been as effective as conventional Attack, and as such, this AR is best seen as an interesting part rather than one with any competitive worth. Also, despite the small size, it still has too poor a distribution, and too much recoil, to be of any real use to [[Zombie|Zombies]] and [[Defense]] types.

=== Use in [[WD Attack]] Customization ===

Try Cutter is a very compact AR leaving the most of the Weight Disk used in this combo exposed. The

*'''AR:''' Try Cutter (Polta/Ultimate Saizo/Spark Knight)
*'''WD:''' [[Wide Defense]]
*'''BB:''' Grip Base ([[Dragoon Grip Attacker]])

==Weight Disk (WD): Six Wide ==
See [[Wide Weight Disks | Six Wide]].

==Blade Base (BB): Sharp ==
See [[Sharp BB]]

==Other Versions==
*Spark Knight
*Ultimate Saizo

==Overall==
’’’Polta’’’ is useless for competitive play and has been entirely outclassed by numerous parts. This Beyblade would only be worth getting for collection purposes.

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

I also have this one, cut from a Hasbro box scan. (Click to View)

Edit:
th!nk Wrote:Oh, also, what does the name "Polta" actually mean? I never found that out
If the Bit Chip is anything to go by, I'd say Poltergeist.
You know, I just realised the combo on the driger v2 papge is one of the "Full Auto Clutch Shaft in CGB IS GREAT GUYS" despite being overly tall or scraping depending on the casings used. Here's something better, with CGB's own tip (hugely underrated), that can actually use an HMC!

Quote:=== Use in Support Part Attack ===
In order to focus on attacking with the support part only, smaller parts aside from the SP and BB must be used. Trycutter is perfect for this. Upper Attack SP provide good upper attack, easily reaching under opponents, Customize Grip Base offers high movement speed, and the 10 Heavy/Heavy Metal Core combination enhances the [[Upper Attack]] ability.

* '''AR:''' Trycutter ([[Polta]])
* '''WD:''' [[Heavy Weight Disks | Ten Heavy]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#V_and_V2_Series_Spin_Gears|Neo Right SG]] (Heavy Metal Core)
* '''SP:''' Upper Attack ([[Driger V2]])
* '''BB:''' Customize Grip Base ([[Dragoon V2]])

Should be right to be tossed in to the tasty mix you've cooked up!

...Yeah I should go get breakfast.
I'm gonna put that in when I have time man. I wasn't ignoring it I just made as many edits as I could at 12 PM. Also I know that's what we use but I wasn't sure where to get them.
Normally I google it, you can find the stock images pretty easily, generally. Come to think of it, I hope I'm doing the right thing, ahah.
For hasbro things you can normally get small ones off the Entertainment Earth product Archive if you can't find them anywhere else, but yeah.
The article is up but the beybox bit is wrong because since it keeps forcing the template on me even though mine looks exactly like it does in other articles(not the same info in case that's what anyone thought). I'll put up Ultimate Saizo and Spark Knight tonight.
Don't use capitals, it breaks it.

Fixed it fer ya, and tweaked the color variation section just a little, hope you don't mind, just made it match other articles better :3

EDIT: Looks like you missed out Nocto's corrections, I'mma just edit those in. Again, hope you don't mind me meddling at such a late stage :3
I don't mind at all man.
Yo, Ultra, it'd be best if you worked from the current Polta Article, that has all the fixes, so I don't have to go and do them on the other two.

Also, the Takara name of Ultimate Saizo is just "Saizo" apparently, so you will probably need to change the Ultimate Saizo page into a redirect, if possible (as we should have redirects for Hasbro names where it's just a rename), and make a Saizo article.
uh okay but how do I do a redirect?
Eh, looks like our version of the wiki software doesn't allow redirects, or does them some other way. A mod can probably delete the Ultimate Saizo Article, though we really should look at making redirects for hasbro names (what if someone wants to find out about their "Howling Spirit"? Hah)
I found a way to make redirects. Tell me what the article is and exactly everything that needs to be redirected to it.
This is a simple one, just redirect Ultimate Saizo to Saizo. Ultimate Saizo was the hasbro release.
uh well the for Ultimate Saizo article the content needs to be copied over into a new Saizo article and then needs to be turned into a redirect for the Saizo article since the names are different(only by one word but still) for the hasbro and takara releases.
OK. But then, someone needs to change the Saizo article now to mention that Hasbro added "Ultimate" to its name. I also removed "Ultimate" in the item box and in the Overall section. Hopefully that was correct.