Poliwag’s public apology to Zankye

I’m sorry for offending you regarding Hasbro Beys. I have 0 knowledge about them since they aren’t sold in my area, so I had no right to speak up about it. I did so anyway, without thinking, and I don’t know how to apologise using just words but here’s I am anyway.

The reason I said those mean things were because I for some reason believe leaks are likely not gonna come true. This was because of smash, where the rumour mill got destroyed by Pythra and Kazuya, a such I believed the listings you made were fake....and as a result hurt you by accident. I shouldn’t have said those mean things, as you are also a Human being and have emotions too.

I was hoping that as the year had passed, we’d have made amends, but you kinda hate me for the things I’ve done in the past, and even put me on an ignore list. That last part is the reason why I’m writing this apology, as it was like a severe blow to my heart that my fav youtuber hates me.

I really don’t know what to say anymore, so I’ll end it here.
originalzankye Please see this apology from poliwag- from PikaBK88
(Jan. 28, 2022  1:38 AM)PikaBeyblade Wrote: originalzankye Please see this apology from poliwag- from PikaBK88
He probably won’t, how do I make it sound more genuine?
If you really mean your Apology then I'm pretty sure that's good enough for now. But remember this, when you Apologize you are hereby saying that you won't make that mistake again or try really hard not to make the mistake anymore and you genuinely feel bad for what you did and you're not going to do it again. If that's what you truly mean when you're Apologizing to Zankye right now then it is pretty sincere to me. And if Zankye doesn't forgive you after this (He Most Likely will but this is a Big Probably theoretically). If he doesn't forgive you then I wouldn't worry about it too much since you Apologized and you really meant it and if he still doesn't forgive you that's his Problem. I hope you're able to fix things with Zankye.
Wait, wha? Can someone fill me in?
In my opinion, an apology should also be in private or some similar way. Putting it public and where users (like me) can chime in isnt the best policy. Apologies for a single person or one small group of people are specifically for them — theres really no reason why anyone else should see it. Saying sorry to someone you wronged/hurt/etc is an important moment and if youre putting it in public, it doesnt seem genuine and have the effect it should have

As well as that, an apology should have the following details (as taught by many psychologists in my area, claimed to be VERY effective in making amends): 1) what you did wrong, 2) empathizing with other people, and 3) saying what you will do in the future to prevent that mistake. As well as that, Ive been taught many times that an apology should not be guilt-trippy and divert the topic — for example, in the last major paragraph, you listed bad things Zankye did to you although your apology is about YOUR actions. Save that bit for later, apologize properly first instead

But I cannot speak for Zankye and thats his opinion/reaction to speak of. Im just saying your apology being public and questionably worded can have consequences
(Jan. 28, 2022  4:46 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: If you really mean your Apology then I'm pretty sure that's good enough for now. But remember this, when you Apologize you are hereby saying that you won't make that mistake again or try really hard not to make the mistake anymore and you genuinely feel bad for what you did and you're not going to do it again. If that's what you truly mean when you're Apologizing to Zankye right now then it is pretty sincere to me. And if Zankye doesn't forgive you after this (He Most Likely will but this is a Big Probably theoretically). If he doesn't forgive you then I wouldn't worry about it too much since you Apologized and you really meant it and if he still doesn't forgive you that's his Problem. I hope you're able to fix things with Zankye.

Ok, I won't call out walmart listings anymore. The only thing I copy pasta from wiki will be limited to the intro for a part, the rest will be all original.