Pokemon Special Manga

Well Red is not Ash we all know that. Green is not Gary. people say they are the same character they aren't. red defeated team rocket 4 times. ash cant even beat 3 team rocket guys. Jessie, James and a talking meoth. Gary doesn't respect ash. Green is Reds pet mostly he respects him. the only rezeblense is the pikachu. nothing else.
and Powhirl was his first pokemon he as obtained then it was bulbasuar then pikachu. correct me if im wrong. and one moer time RED ISNT ASH RED WAS MADE BEFORE THE SHOW. ASH IS A RED WANT A BE!!
Actually, that's because Ash/Satoshi was based off of Red the character. But the anime wasn't based off the story at all. There wasn't any Silph Co. involvement or anything. There wasn't a Cerulean Cave.

Also, in later episodes, Gary/Shigeru DOES respect Ash around the Johto finals, where their battle with each other was settled. But talking about the anime isn't related to the topic.

(Aug. 14, 2012  1:20 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2012  6:59 AM)Burning Kai Wrote: And when in the description how it said Bulbasaur was his first Pokemon, it was actually Poliwhirl.
Thats true, but this was made before it was released I think

...Are you talking about the Japanese manga or the English manga? Because during the early days of ViZ, Pocket Monsters Special was released in bigger book formats as "Pokemon Adventures" along with "The Electric Tales of Pikachu" series. It wasn't until, probably 2010 or 2011 that Pokemon Adventures are now rereleased in proper format.

Pokemon Red and Green first released in 1996, with the anime at April 1, 1997 and the manga around the same year and its first book at August 8. Unlike the anime, which sets itself as "it's own universe", Pokemon Special/Adventures really sticks to the story of the game while adding its own little twists (Yellow Chapter, anybody?)
Actually, both Red and Ash were based off the main character in Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red etc. All of the Special Pocket Monster/ Pokemon Adventure Manga were based off the games, not including the Spin-Offs.

EDIT: Actually, Ash only based off of the character in Yellow.
...Oh shoot, you misunderstand me. I was talking about Red in the games. My bad, I forgot to clarify myself.
I heard about this I want to read it so bad but I have one complaint and it is emerald...and it is the fact that he is a stu in every sense of the word I am sorry but he is other than that...I like it!
If you want to read this manga, yet you claim what you say about Emerald, you OBVIOUSLY haven't read up on Emerald properly.