Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition

Reminds me of Fire Emblem, minus the battle scenes. But other than that, it seems the gameplay will be similar. On that note: I will likely like this game a lot. Also: Most Pokemon spin-offs are good. Mystery Dungeon was good to me, and PR was okay. I didn't love it, but I liked it enough. The only PKMN spin-offs that I hated were "Hey You, Pikachu!" and "Pokemon Channel". The others were good, given how often spin-offs fail. (*cough*FinalFantasyCrystalBearers*cough*)
I got that feeling too a tad bit, dont worry you arent alone. Wink

I like the concept behind this, but i can already tell that this won't be a good game. It is evident that Nintendo is at the end of its rope with Pokemon, otherwise this would be unheard of.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver were the greatest pokemon games of all time, because they are remakes of Gold and Silver, the original greatest pokemon games of all time =D.

White and Black, with the exception of the really bad@$$ looking legendarys, makes me want to vomit. It is only fair, as that game vomits all over my wonderful nostalgia, takes it, and re-shapes it into un-inspired new pokemon designs. Ugh...
(Jan. 25, 2012  6:45 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: I got that feeling too a tad bit, dont worry you arent alone. Wink

I like the concept behind this, but i can already tell that this won't be a good game. It is evident that Nintendo is at the end of its rope with Pokemon, otherwise this would be unheard of.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver were the greatest pokemon games of all time, because they are remakes of Gold and Silver, the original greatest pokemon games of all time =D.

White and Black, with the exception of the really bad@$$ looking legendarys, makes me want to vomit. It is only fair, as that game vomits all over my wonderful nostalgia, takes it, and re-shapes it into un-inspired new pokemon designs. Ugh...

You cannot already tell anything about this game. Nintendo is not "at the end of its ropes" with Pokémon - you really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Mystery Dungeon was a bigger leap than this, and that series was fanastic and quite successful. "They're doing something new" does not mean "They're desperate and Pokemon is coming to an end."

Heart Gold and Soul Silver were great, but that is entirely irrelevant, here...

B&W had a new design team, just like DPPt, and RSE. There are several pokemon in it I like, but calling them, as a whole, "uninspired", is simply not correct. "I don't like it so it's uninspired" is the logic of a four year old. And, again, this is not the thread for this.
I am allowed to have an opinion. I get where you are coming from from a "what should be post worthy" point of view, but this is the off topic forums, and agian, an opinion. I am allowed to dislike something for my own reasons. Those are my beliefs on the subject. I know that Nintendo's sales with pokemon have begun to decrease slightly lately, and I believe that this game is a "rake in some extra dough" kind of deal. Every franchise does it. I am sure Game Freak and Nintendo will make another main Pokemon instalmen soon, rejuvenating its popularity once agian.

I loved mystery dungeon, but I do not like this game. Am I making a quick judgment? probobly, but I dont have to buy a game to determine if i like it or not. i would have no money then. I was not won over by the promo, therefore I will not buy the game. if I see a positive review or someone tells me the game is good, I may reconsider. Until then i dont see why my post is problomatic, other than the lack of supporting detail, which you were right, and I should have included

If you wanted me to give a reason as to why I believe the designs are uninspired, then yes, sorry i left that out. In my opinion, looking at black and white, more than half of the pokemon seem to be based off of previously existing pokemon. The game has little connections, and barley references any past games which is something many pokemon games should have. The improved gameplay mechanics present in Black and White are something I enjoy and approve of, however good elements from HG and SS were left out.

There that is my opinion with detail. Cosndiering that this isnt the thread for this, as you stated, then let us not continue this conversation