Pokémon Black and White 2

According to Amazon Japan who just released pictures of special cases featuring Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, the typings of both Pokemon will remain Dragon/Ice

... I assumed it was gonna be Fire/Ice - Electric/Ice since they are unique typings that haven't been done before.. (have they?)

But yeah, I saw pre-orders for this in EB Games Australia already ...
Revealed updates for B2 and W2, brought to you by Serebii:

Quote:The first images from CoroCoro have started to come. These images showcase the first screenshots of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 and provide a lot of information. First, the game is set in Unova and shows the new trainers and the rival. The game is set 2 years latr than in BW and features the map of Unova being partially frozen while others have been updated, such as Route 4. The Unova Pokédex has 300 Pokémon within it. There are various new areas in Unova including Hiougi City, where you begin your journey. There are other areas which has a gym leader who focuses upon Poison; Homika, who is also said to be in the anime this June. Another gym leader is Shizui, the Water-type leader. The trainer with the spiky hair is the rival and there is a new researcher called Akuroma who researches Pokémon Strength
Hiougi City has a Pokémon Centre and a Trainer School and areas where you can look upon the areas. There are shops, underwater tunnels with clear glass (Mantine flowing overhead), building with blue and red statues all around Unova.
That's all the information these scans provide.
It has also been confirmed that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and that White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn.
Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new (Unova) Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254, with other Pokémon such as Tyranitar, Lapras & Arcanine being available. We'll bring more should it come later but click the thumbnails for the larger images
Images can be seen in Serebii's website

Black 2 and White 2 seem to be official sequels to Black and White. Meaning...you'll have to play the Black and White games to understand this one. New gym leaders, new trainers, new rivals, and new professor. I thought it'd be revamped/added versions of Black and White, like how Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were. But these seem to be entirely new games that stem off from the previous ones. This makes this game set the first game set to have an entirely new story within the same Generation, making Generation V the first 2-parter Generation in the entire Pokemon series.
oh man, the main characters look like kids again, i thought they were sticking with the teen look. oh well, atleast unova is different and nintendo and game freak look like they are totally going to revamp the pokemon series with this without breaking what works. if it weren't for my need for a new vanguard deck, i would start saving now!
i found out about it in a latin lesson when my friend told me...
anyway i hope the game has a different plot the Black and White
we have already established that it has a different plot, 3 posts ago it was confirmed it will happen 2 years later.
I found this and i thought it might be helpful?
Serebii.net Wrote:Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 are the second set of games of the long anticipated fifth generation of Pokémon. These games are due for release in Japan in June 2012 and are sequels to Pokémon Black & White, running on the Nintendo DS. Not much is currently known about these games but they feature Kyurem's alternate forms within them; Black Kyurem in Black 2 and White Kyurem in White 2
The games can be played on any model of DS

Welp, I'm sold. Anything else they put in is just a bonus. Also, has it been confirmed which of the extra pokemon are in which game? I got the impression Lucario and co. are in the Black Kyurem version (Don't know if it's Black or White, I'm a bit confused at the minute.)
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ma...ine_leaked

Vast quantity of new information.

Enjoy.

As for my own commentary of it, I'll say this: the biggest improvement they can make is rebuilding the whole place and making routes longer and more enjoyable, and I doubt they've done it. However, the addition of 300 more Pokémon to the Unova dex is really nice, and the variety was much-needed, as their decision to exclude every non-Unova Pokémon from it was genuinely atrocious in B&W. A Poison-type Gym Leader is also a welcome change of pace, since it's been a while for that type.
... The characters look messed up. I still wanted Juniper to be the professor, since she's the only female one, and that she's pretty hot. Though not as hot as Skyla. Getting a bit off-topic here though.

So, do we still have to go through Unova again? Or are all the towns/cities different... I just hope we don't have to go through that Desert. Uggh! The agony..
Assumedly they'll be reworking several areas, as the overall awful layout and short routes was a common complaint.

As for the characters, I like the new playable characters a lot more than B&W's. I'm also looking forward to having an actual Rival, instead of the two phanny clowns you had following you everywhere in B&W.
The male players haircut looks so ridiculous XD reminds me of myself when my hair grows out, Love what they did and im looking forward to this now more than ever
lol the last time there was a poison type gym leader was like*thinking* 2 years ago...
anyway if the deserts are longer it`s bad news for cannon. anyway this game`s gonna be awesome
I was obviously implying new Poison gym leaders hadn't been around for a while. Janine and daddykins are old hat, and the ninja thing was never interesting to me in the first place...
(Apr. 12, 2012  11:25 AM)Hazel Wrote: I'm also looking forward to having an actual Rival, instead of the two phanny clowns you had following you everywhere in B&W.
Aha, It was so annoying, like before or after the gym, you practically had to battle them.

1. Starting Journey - Battle both
2. Before Striaton City - Bianca
3. Striaton City Trainer School - Cheren
4. Route 3 - Cheren

... Are you serious? And that is not even half of it. zzz

But yeah, I want a Dark-Type Gym leader. IIRC, they have never made one. But 3 Dark Elite 4's.
I didn't mind that, it's just that they weren't as interesting as an antihero-esque rival. Bianca was especially boring and cumbersome.
tell me about it...
what`s the point of making bianca. seriously game Freak needs to think about creating a rival who is worth the time and effort
She was the weaker half. Though i found it stupid that Bianca used Items, but Cheren used Held Items. I actually wanted a challenge when it came to both of them, mainly Cheren.

But isn't this a bit off-topic?

Nevertheless, Why is it that they make White Kyurem look awful, while Black Kyurem look sexy as. Like; the advertisement for their special move. The electricity/volts look very intriguing, while White Kyurem's one looks like it's plain blue, with really no 'special' affect.

But it looks like they've revamped the grass, to look like a bush or something.
I don't really like either of the new Kyurem forms at all, to be honest, but I'm not fond of Unova legendaries in general.
wow, i thought this topic was practicly dead till these scans came out. agreed on the old unova rivals, one looked stupid and the other was stupid, at least cheren put up some sort of a challenge, bianca i could beat after going to a gym and forgetting to heal. does anyone else think of N is a rival, in fact does anybody think that N might not appear in this one, witch would kinda ruin the point of putting so much mystery around him. we know as much about him as the legend of the lengendary unova pokemon (witch i hope this game adds or at least proves my theorys). i still say they should of made the characters you play as look older like the original black and white ones.
Lucario? Tyranitar? Metagross?

Hell to the yes.

I really want this now. Poison gym leader is always nice, though I do hope this rival is tougher.

Am I the only one that thought 'Who's the kid with the spiky hair?' when they described the rival on Serebii?
(Apr. 12, 2012  11:22 AM)Cannon Wrote: ... The characters look messed up. I still wanted Juniper to be the professor, since she's the only female one, and that she's pretty hot. Though not as hot as Skyla. Getting a bit off-topic here though.

So, do we still have to go through Unova again? Or are all the towns/cities different... I just hope we don't have to go through that Desert. Uggh! The agony..

Route 4 (the desert) has been entirely revamped in those 2 years. The sandstorm that put the construction in BW on hiatus stopped some time in those 2 years allowing construction to continue and finally finish. A whole new "resort"/"settlement" has been added in the Desert which highly reminds me of how the anime included a small town in Route 4. A new building has been made as well right in front of Nimbasa City which I'm thinking is just one of those route passageways.

As for new PKMN, the only confirmed ones are Riolu, Psyduck, Eeevee, Beldum, Mareep, Weavile, Metagross, Lucario, and Lapras which isn't so disappointing seeing how you really couldn't get Lapras from any PKMN game besides FR, LR, Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue which is sad honestly.

All I want to know as of now is how these 2 new gym leaders came to be, what the hell are those craters in Driftveil City, where did some places that were originally in BW go (the lighthouse in Driftveil, Cold Storage, Challenger's Cave), whut happened to Entralink Island, and how Cheren, Bianca, N, and Hilbert/Hilda are coping with the frozen region.
(Apr. 13, 2012  12:38 AM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote: As for new PKMN, the only confirmed ones are Riolu, Psyduck, Eeevee, Beldum, Mareep, Weavile, Metagross, Lucario, and Lapras which isn't so disappointing seeing how you really couldn't get Lapras from any PKMN game besides FR, LR, Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue which is sad honestly.

You could get Lapras in GSC, DPPt, and HGSS.
Since we have those new Pokémon, unless Nintendo somehow manages to not make it possible I think it is safe to assume that the evolutions and pre-evolutions of the aforementioned Pokémon will be there as well.

So that's Riolu and Lucario, Psyduck and Golduck, Eevee and all of the Eeveelutions (iffy on this one, due to the whole Leafeon/Glaceon thing), Beldum and co., Mareep and co., Sneasel and Weavile, and Lapras.
Since a whole 300 are being added to the Unova dex, it is a fair assumption that it is irrelevant - there will finally be an enjoyable amount of variety, and the presence of Wi-Fi and cross-trading being maintained makes it overall about on par with other games, instead of being some "you're stuck on a terrible continent with 10 or less good Pokémon for all of the game's actual content" scenario, like B&W was.