Pokémon Black and White 2

It never fails. The best copy was Emerald, then the games went downhill. Well, SS and HG were pretty good.

Meanwhile, at Gamefreak: "We'll add two new pokemon, and then charge more. There, we'll just mix three Legendary Guys, copy the game we JUST made, and we're done. Resourceful 5 minutes guys!"
Black and White shipped missing a lot more content than was remotely acceptable.

Hopefully these games rectify that, but the problem of Unova being a dull, tiny, uninspired "continent" with routes that take less than ten seconds to cross and an insipid level scaling system seems like one that will persist. Human-focused towns and very little natural feel to the environment, even in forests, ruined Unova, when combined with routes that are painfully short and empty. A route in Hoenn could take up to two minutes to cross even if you were focused on plowing through it. There are a great many routes in Unova I can clear before counting to ten, and that is absolutely unacceptable.

Having to slog through the entire game without access to most of the Pokémon I like only to then be met with horrendous rituals involved in accessing them was not a great thing either, so with any luck they'll have fixed that garbage, too.

If they just release another gym story with absolutely no extra content beyond the battle tower's overly-medicated cousin and an overdependance on the Dream World, though, it will be difficult to persuade myself to purchase this.
Has anyone not noticed the "2" in the game names? Unlike other Mainstream Pokemon Games, this one is an actual sequel to the original story of Pokemon Black and White. Like Platinum, Crystal, and Emerald, which all aren't actual sequels but really just the same game with a special twist to it near the very end. Whenever a game is released with the same title as one before it, but with a "2" or "3" next to it, it most likely means the game is a continuation of the story of the previous game.

I think GameFreak chose this over Pokemon Gray/Grey on purpose only because they read what the fans felt and knew that Pokemon Black and White left a huge cliffhanger at the very end of the story. Where did N go? Where exactly did he and he legendary partner fly off to? Where exactly are the Shadow Triad now? Has the Pokemon League been repaired from the damages by Ghetis?

They would also have to integrate a clear explanation of how the 2 forms of Kyurem were created. Since the original belief was that there were 649, GameFreak is gonna have to explain how 2 extra PKMN that probably no one knew of just suddenly appeared and how and why they look like a fused Kyurem/Reshiram and Zekrom/Kyurem. Don't expect BW 2 to be like Emerald, Platinum, and Crystal because those who expected Black and White to be like past games were proven wrong. Like the old saying goes, don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Actually, I think that you are misunderstanding me.
I know it's a sequal....duh.
What I am saying is how it's NEW story, same Pokemon.
LIKE PLATINUM.
LIKE EMERALD.
LIKE CRYSTAL.
And I don't think that they will have to really explain any new Pokemon, since they never decide to do that for some reason....
Platinum, Emerald, and Crystal weren't story continuations at all.

This is a story continuation.
I hope you aren't telling me that, because I never said that whatsoever.
(Feb. 28, 2012  2:25 AM)Universe² Wrote: I hope you aren't telling me that, because I never said that whatsoever.

Are you sure...?

(Feb. 28, 2012  12:00 AM)Universe² Wrote: Thanks for the info To. Man, it just feels so weird for them to be releasing the game so quickly after the announcement of it, it makes me think that I was right about the game being like Platinum. "Copy & Paste, here's two new Pokemanz, gimme dat $40 plox."
Can people please stop it with the Generation V hate? Every Generation that's released, the better all the features are. So please!!!!!! Stop whining about Sinnoh. Seriously, Sinnoh was so 2006 - 2010.
(Feb. 28, 2012  2:46 AM)Hazel Wrote: Are you sure...?

(Feb. 28, 2012  12:00 AM)Universe² Wrote: Thanks for the info To. Man, it just feels so weird for them to be releasing the game so quickly after the announcement of it, it makes me think that I was right about the game being like Platinum. "Copy & Paste, here's two new Pokemanz, gimme dat $40 plox."
I see you also misunderstood me Hazel...
like Platinum in the sense of "NEW story, same Pokemon.", like I said..
If you are talking about the last sentence, then I'll add "new story of Pokemanz"
"Copy & Paste, new story of Pokemanz, here's two new Pokemanz, gimme dat $40 plox."

(Feb. 28, 2012  3:04 AM)Mr. Harkins Wrote: Can people please stop it with the Generation V hate? Every Generation that's released, the better all the features are. So please!!!!!! Stop whining about Sinnoh. Seriously, Sinnoh was so 2006 - 2010.
I think you made a little mistake or something Chocked_2
You say "stop it with the Generation V hate" but then you talk about Sinnoh...
Sinnoh = Gen IV
Unova = Gen V
He's probably referring to both.

How about we stop nitpicking at one post now that we realize it was a poorly worded (or at least, obscure meaning) post and get onto the actual subject?

Seeing how other games have incorporated a new element along with new Pokemon over recent years, there will probably be a story twist or design/gameplay element change incorporated. Obviously it can't be too significant (ie. Emerald) as to completely change the game due to the new release (only been 9 months or so), but it will probably an important aesthetic change.

I'd like to see Pokémon interacting with the actual attack, not just moving the animated sprite or creating images between the user and target. For example, Mach Punch. The actual Pokémon punches forward with an arm, and the opponent bends over and gets pushed back from the impact. Nothing crazy like the opponent jumping forward or anything, but it's definitely an improvement.

This is somewhat unrealistic, but technology has gotten somewhat better. Especially since there are rumors of additional 3DS-supported features.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. The game was released in Fall 2010, from then to Summer 2012 is a perfectly reasonable time in between handheld Pokemon games. I'm expecting some major changes to story/gameplay/aesthetic elements. Perhaps even what I thought of, though that is still a far cry away from happening.
(Feb. 28, 2012  3:04 AM)Mr. Harkins Wrote: Can people please stop it with the Generation V hate? Every Generation that's released, the better all the features are. So please!!!!!! Stop whining about Sinnoh. Seriously, Sinnoh was so 2006 - 2010.

I disliked everything about Unova, as a region, for the reasons I outlined. It is not baseless hate, and I will most certainly not withold my opinion purely because you dislike it.

And who said anything about Sinnoh at all? I thought Sinnoh and Gen IV were fine... and I like the pokemon from Gen V. However, Gen V did introduce some nice features - and it also neglected to follow some nice features from HGSS.

Unova itself, as a place, though, ruined the gameplay experience for me and unless they very drastically redirect the region for this game, it will be a similar experience.
So they won't release it on 3DS??

If that's true then that will be a whole load of carp!!

I would love to see The 3D effect on the 3DS..But oh well if it's true It's pokemon.

Im not sure but is it that every new pokemon just gets worse or what? I loved the old pokemons better for some reason...but I do not want to go off topic.
@ Nalu
No, it will not be for the 3DS unfortunately. But i guess that would be right since Black & White were for the DS.
This...this just makes me want to cry...

I did not enjoy Black and White at all, The pokemon designs bothered me along with the reasons that Hazel had said. It just was a bad experience that I had with Black and White. I will probably not purchase this until it is available for a cheaper price.
(Feb. 28, 2012  10:40 PM)Æ›nubis Wrote: This...this just makes me want to cry...

I did not enjoy Black and White at all, The pokemon designs bothered me along with the reasons that Hazel had said. It just was a bad experience that I had with Black and White. I will probably not purchase this until it is available for a cheaper price.

you will be waiting along time, around here diamond and pearl is still $50.
Well around here they're $15...so IDK why you're getting ripped off..and I'm pretty sure that the starting price was never even $50..cause I bought it the day it came out Chocked_2
And Black and White are $25-$30 I think..
i payed $55 for my pokemon white game, that was from europe imported (note i live in australia) and mario kart is still a stinking $60, $50 preowned.
$20-$30 ?! Australia is $60-$70 for B/W!, even for old games like Diamond/Pearl!
It is not any new information that Australian price setting is absolutely ridiculous and completely asinine, and that it has literally nothing to do with the exchange rate.

Back on topic, folks.
Black and White, at the start, was fun for me, however, it just seemed less enjoyable as I went on, and gradually going to the point where I no longer play it (or know where the cartridge is XD), so hopefully Black and White 2 will be better. I do hope that they will reveal some information about N in the games.
sure

i was looking at info for this game and found several theorys of hoenn appering in this game, in response to the remark of N travelled to a far away land, witch means if this is true (witch i doubt) then either unova becomes longer to complete or hoenn becomes shorter.
i hope they make an ultimmate final pokemon game, but this just makes me a bit sad :L
(Feb. 29, 2012  8:25 PM)Luck Wrote: i hope they make an ultimmate final pokemon game, but this just makes me a bit sad :L
I dont think they should. IMO Pokemon should continue forever. Sure some games aren't as fun as others, but that doesn't mean others will be. I never encountered a pokemon game that I did not like.

so!? they should stop it soon................................................................................................
besides the ultimate one would be epic, they should continue making them for anther 3-5 years then get them all together and edit them abit and make them into one story line, it would be epic and then they should add 1 last story line...
(Feb. 29, 2012  8:43 PM)Luck Wrote: so!? they should stop it soon................................................................................................
besides the ultimate one would be epic, they should continue making them for anther 3-5 years then get them all together and edit them abit and make them into one story line, it would be epic and then they should add 1 last story line...
That would be way too long, and kind of pointless.