Pokémon Black and White 2

(Feb. 26, 2012  7:38 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2012  1:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: Disgust is all that fills me.

I really, really disliked Black and White as games - the Pokémon designs were okay, but everything about Unova is horrible and the actual games left a really bad taste in my mouth - either from being too slow, or just trying to do too much that meant nothing.

This is the first Pokémon game release information I have been nothing but upset to hear.

I completely agree with this post. In my mind, Black and White was overkill. For me, this is overkill the sequel Tired

I admire the bad@$$ designs the legendarys have in this game, but the rest of the pokemon art is rather uninspired and odd for my tatses. If gamefreak would just make a pokemon game combining the in-game features of all of thier games (time system, night-day, improved graphics, etc) but with an old region (imo, Kanto, Jhoto, or Hoen,) they would have a perfect game.
I thought black and white was a good game it had good graphics it retains night and day and added a twist on pokemon. If they keep remaking games there will be no room for new ones I am not saying remakes are bad I loved HGSS but still. You try making a game and be within their shoes.

did anyone realize that zekrom+kyurem=stab boltbeam? Gasp
A Pokémon cannot be three types, and they will not relinquish the Dragon typing, as they have made such a big hullabaloo over those three being Dragons in the past.
I've just found out about this. I find it interesting how instead of 1 game, they made it into 2. I'd have to see/find out more info before I decide to buy.
Another Fact to boost everyone's "pre-review" of these games.

Turns out, these 2 new forms of Kyurem are actually 2 SEPARATE POKEMON According to Junichi Masuda.

This is quite odd, it's like Game Freak is changing the everything and doing something waaay different from what they've done in the past. If these 2 Kyurems' are separate PKMN from the original Kyurem, how exactly did they get their "fused" bodies and what exactly is the story behind this? I can actually picture it now, you (the main character) controlling Zekrom and Reshiram VS N and Black & White Kyurem.
(Feb. 26, 2012  3:38 PM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote: Another Fact to boost everyone's "pre-review" of these games.

Turns out, these 2 new forms of Kyurem are actually 2 SEPARATE POKEMON According to Junichi Masuda.

This is quite odd, it's like Game Freak is changing the everything and doing something waaay different from what they've done in the past. If these 2 Kyurems' are separate PKMN from the original Kyurem, how exactly did they get their "fused" bodies and what exactly is the story behind this? I can actually picture it now, you (the main character) controlling Zekrom and Reshiram VS N and Black & White Kyurem.

I hope its a good back story just like how Giratinas form had an explanation. Hopefully it will have a good plot tying any loose ends within the previous games
Woot, kind of excited for this now. I hope we get Pokemons to follow us this time Unhappy other than that thanks for the info.
Ugh, Black and White was already one of my least favorite games. The only thing I hope for is new Pokemon, more than the two new Kyurem/Reshiram/Zekrom.
really I loved black and White.I thought it had the best story out of the classic pokemon,and it had great music(one of my favorite pokemon soundtracks) but this is a first of a direct sequal and im interesed as iv said.But i have no idea how game freak will explain these new forms.
Black and White had a great story, cool looking Pokémon, and an awesome new Region. The only thing it lacks is what to do once you defeat Team Plasma and Alder. Black and White 2 seriously need a Battle Frontier, because the Battle Subway is boring.
(Feb. 26, 2012  7:37 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: For DS? Meh. I'd prefer 3DS, but right now the current games aren't ready to evolve into 3D. I mean, what could the really do? The pixelization on the games is still quite raw, and that wouldn't look very good in 3D. It cots less to develop a standard game as well. Game Freak could also be afraid of stepping onto the 3DS train, as even though it's doing very well, there's still a chance it won't end well. Another theory is that they're saving Gen VI for the 3DS, a total revamp of the game.

I don't really agree: I think the pixelisation is more a stylistic choice more than anything at this point, and we've seen that Pokemon can easily make the transition into 3D with games such as Pokedex 3D and to a lesser extent, Pokemon Rumble Blast. It's definitely time for Game Freak to try to promote the newer system given that the first iterations of Black and White actually preceded the release of the 3DS ... However, I concede that this might have something to do with continuity and compatibility aspects with the original, which links back to your theory of Gen VI appearing on the 3DS, but I still feel there's a missed opportunity here. I just don't think it's particularly great to essentially be a generation behind in terms of consoles, especially for such a big franchise as Pokemon.

Still, I'm excited for this news. Pokemon White was the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game in a long, long while.
(Feb. 26, 2012  8:14 AM)Clonetos Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2012  7:38 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2012  1:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: Disgust is all that fills me.

I really, really disliked Black and White as games - the Pokémon designs were okay, but everything about Unova is horrible and the actual games left a really bad taste in my mouth - either from being too slow, or just trying to do too much that meant nothing.

This is the first Pokémon game release information I have been nothing but upset to hear.

I completely agree with this post. In my mind, Black and White was overkill. For me, this is overkill the sequel Tired

I admire the bad@$$ designs the legendarys have in this game, but the rest of the pokemon art is rather uninspired and odd for my tatses. If gamefreak would just make a pokemon game combining the in-game features of all of thier games (time system, night-day, improved graphics, etc) but with an old region (imo, Kanto, Jhoto, or Hoen,) they would have a perfect game.
I thought black and white was a good game it had good graphics it retains night and day and added a twist on pokemon. If they keep remaking games there will be no room for new ones I am not saying remakes are bad I loved HGSS but still. You try making a game and be within their shoes.

But thts just it. The gameplay mechanics an graphics are good, but the game itself is a bit unexciting.

Not that I know anything about programing (only basic stuff) but the core programming involved in a pokemon game is not overly complex.
I can't wait till this comes out in the US. The legendarys look interesting. The perfect Pokemon game would have Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova. It would have the seasons, and night and day. It would have the Pokewatch thingy, the Pokegear, and all of those other gadgets you get. And finally, you would get Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, etc. That would be the perfect game.
OMG. How many times have people asked for a game with all five Regions? SO MANY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game Freak will never do that.
You don't know that so don't harsh on other's opinions.

Frankly, I for one am a big supporter of that concept, although I could live without the Unova region.
Ok so since I am Definetly getting this game I wanted to make a good and solid team with good pokemon and so far it is:
Emboar
Swampert
Togekiss/Staraptor (which one?)
I understand that it depends on the team for which pokemon I get, but which one is good for Ingame play?
My Last B/W team Was:
Haxorus
Emboar
Samurott
Servine
Zoroark
Excadrill
My in-game B/W team last time was:

Samurott
Excadrill
Zebstrika
Braviary
Conkeldurr
Stoutland (eventually Zekrom)

Definitely could use some changes, especially Zebstrika and Stoutland. I'm gonna get White V2, that Reshiram/Kyurem looks amazazing!

It's funny how so many people didn't like B/W. Almost every single gaming magazine (especially Famitsu) begs to differ.
yes, finnaly more to work with for the mythology behind unova and the dragons. B&W didn't leave much to work with but this confirms the kyurum split theory. ive noticed alot complaing about it not being on the 3ds, well i remmember reading somewhere that the head of nintendo or game freak wanting to make a ds game that when put in the 3ds will have added features including the 3d effect, so maybe that's this. also B&W very well hinted this game, at the very dab last bit. i wonder if it would reveal the secrets about the underwater ruins. oh man i want to play this game just for the chance to find out the mythology behind everything.
(Feb. 27, 2012  2:30 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: My in-game B/W team last time was:

Samurott
Excadrill
Zebstrika
Braviary
Conkeldurr
Stoutland (eventually Zekrom)

Definitely could use some changes, especially Zebstrika and Stoutland. I'm gonna get White V2, that Reshiram/Kyurem looks amazazing!
White Kyurem (yes, that is it's OFFICIAL name..*mega facepalm*) does indeed look awesome!
My Pokemon White in-game Team was:
Samurott
Excadrill
Conkeldurr
Unfezant (would have done Braviary looking back at it, but my Unfezant was 10 levels higher than the wild ones already..so yeah)
Elektross (what you should sub for Zebstrika, hard to train early on, but SO worth it)
Krookodile

As for the quality of Black & White, of course it's gonna have one of the best stories..the only other Pokemon game so far that's had an actual story other than "OMG BAD GUYZ KILL DEM *KILL DEM* KBAI GYM TIME" were Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Platinum had the best story so far IMO though, loved how they tied Giratina from being a random legendary in Diamond and Pearl into a new story involving it. That is actually exactly what they are doing now with Black 2 and White 2, they are now bringing Kyurem from the "Oh yeah and there's that thing..you can catch that too..we won't make a huge deal about that though.. and did we mention IT'S LEVEL 70" to the main focus. Btw, was anybody else expecting a Pokemon Rainbow to come out after Platinum that focused on Arceus more? Only me? Okay I'll shut up...
What?! That White Kyurem looks absolutely horrendous. I was extremely disappointed when i saw it. I am actually leaning towards getting Pokemon Black 2. But then again, every has their own opinion.
cmon its DS again...
Dude, these games are most likely going to be just like Platinum and Emerald were, same game mechanics and graphics with a slightly changed storyline, but this time, it has two new pokemon. This screams Platinum and Emerald. I doubt anything else will be changed, and since Black and White were on the DS, these will also have to be on the DS. This is speculation though, since the only information given so far were that Kyurem would be the main focus and now that there are two new Pokemon.
I just saw this on the Pokemon site today, due to me having to pick up that Arceus event Pokemon, and I saw that sequel there. I honestly was very surprised, because I was not at all excited about it. A sequel to Pokemon Black and White? What else could they even be adding on to Pokemon Black and White? It ended, without truly any indication of a sequel. I honestly thought they would just make another "series" (Like Heartgold, SoulSilver...etc.) but I am curious as to what they could've added in the sequel. I honestly think that they're getting a little lazy; they just fused Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, without going through the trouble of really going to make a new Legendary Pokemon. :\
It's been confirmed that this will be out in the Fall for North America and Europe.
Thanks for the info To. Man, it just feels so weird for them to be releasing the game so quickly after the announcement of it, it makes me think that I was right about the game being like Platinum. "Copy & Paste, here's two new Pokemanz, gimme dat $40 plox."