Playstation 4 Announcement

(Feb. 21, 2013  5:37 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: The controller is unreasonably sexy >;#U
It'll probably grow on me, but as of now, I still much prefer the classic Dualshock 1-3 look, haha.
(Feb. 21, 2013  5:37 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: The controller is unreasonably sexy >;#U

Yep.... I think i might wind up switching to sony instead of microsoft, but i had already planned to buy both of the consoles... so i geuss it doesn't really matter.
They've already confirmed that used games will be playable on this platform. It would have been rather ridiculous if they weren't. I say that as someone who purchases pretty much every game sealed.

I'm personally most interested in Knack:

It's from SCE Japan Studio, and has some talent from the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy. Don't know if that'll get me dropping $400 though.
Checked first thing this morning before work only to find out the console wasn't shown, I was slightly disappointed about that. I can't explain why but I'm liking the idea of having a PS4 over the next Xbox but I will bet they both are going to be riddled with problems upon release.
(Feb. 21, 2013  4:18 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: Checked first thing this morning before work only to find out the console wasn't shown, I was slightly disappointed about that. I can't explain why but I'm liking the idea of having a PS4 over the next Xbox but I will bet they both are going to be riddled with problems upon release.

Oh ...
I almost forgot that the new Xbox is to be released as well , right ?
I do understand the announcement was mainly for investors (or at least I believe it to be) since practically no games were shown (save for what, 5?) it was a joke, in my opinion.

They should've waited a bit longer, so they could give more info. There's still so much we still don't know, even what it looks like, and everything is going "social." I love Facebook as much as the next guy, but damn, I don't want to have a crappy application for it on every single device. Being able to take over your friends game to help them out is kind of nice as well, along with the being able to play the game as it downloads.
I just really hope we get a good line up of release titles... Maybe that's why they announced it so early as well?

The controller is definitely an odd one, in my opinion, then again, the same could be said for the Wii U's controller. I hope the touch screen on it is nice, but the thing looks like it's made of some cheap plastic that Gamestop would sell for $10. The analog sticks might actually be kinda good, I like both Xbox and PS3 controllers, so since it's basically a mix of them, I believe it'll be unique. I hope the triggers still have some resistance in them, like the Dualshock 3's.

I wasn't able to watch the stream since I was on mobile at the time, so everything I know has just been from skimming over a few articles. I plan on watching the stream later today, but I don't know if it'll be worth it, since I heard it was a letdown.

also, square enix
y u no ffxiii vs. launch title
you will make millions
millions
silly silly square enix, very bad move
How was it a letdown? The whole thing blew me away (I was surprised they didn't show the actual console though) because it's a lot more than anyone was expecting. Industry analysts were expecting just a short announcement, not such a dedicated show. The games they showed looked top notch, Killzone looked great and Knack seemed very interesting. Not a big fan of the social developments but it's a cool idea and the way they're going to implement it seems interesting. The controller looks great to me, the design really seems 'next gen'. I wasn't a fan of the Wii and the Wii U was underwhelming, it doesn't feel like a next gen console.

As for Microsoft, they'll have a hard time outdoing Sony. For those worried about them taking ideas; it's not that easy. These things usually take a long time to develop, install, test etc. so if they did decide to take anything it'd delay the next xbox's release date which is not something Microsoft wants to happen.

Capcom's demo was fantastic and Watch Dogs is looking absolutely amazing. I can't wait for Microsoft's show!

most disappointing moment was the extremely lackluster ps4 ff announcement

Also, Cody, they announced a new final fantasy title for the ps4 this year. It could very well be versus 13!
(Feb. 21, 2013  5:25 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I do understand the announcement was mainly for investors (or at least I believe it to be) since practically no games were shown (save for what, 5?) it was a joke, in my opinion.

They should've waited a bit longer, so they could give more info. There's still so much we still don't know, even what it looks like, and everything is going "social." I love Facebook as much as the next guy, but damn, I don't want to have a crappy application for it on every single device. Being able to take over your friends game to help them out is kind of nice as well, along with the being able to play the game as it downloads.
I just really hope we get a good line up of release titles... Maybe that's why they announced it so early as well?

I take it you don't follow many video game console announcements? The first reveal never has every last detail. It's only February, so Sony has GDC, E3, Gamescom, and TGS to reveal more games as well as a solidified price, release date, etc.
(Feb. 21, 2013  3:26 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: I'm disappointed they didn't showcase Gran Turismo 6.

I am too! If there's one PS Exclusive I look forward to is GT. It's ridiculous; GT is one of their best selling video games! It was the:
  1. #1 + #3 Best-Seller for PS1; GT1 sold nearly 11 million copies while GT2 sold about 9.4 million
  2. #2 + #3 Best-Seller for PS2; GT3 sold nearly 15 million and GT4 sold about 12 million (4 was crappy, imo)
  3. #4 Best-Seller on PS3; GT5 sold about 9.2 million copies, but I think that's because they took so long to come out with the game that potential buyers never bought the game, and also because of games like COD

I mean come on, with ratings like that, how can you NOT announce a GT6, at least? But then again, To is right, we still have E3, GDC, and so on to go. So fingers crossed Blader DJ

On another note, I really am loving the amount of RAM this PS4 is coming with. Oh man, this is gonna be a powerhouse system. I wanna see what Microsoft counters with Smug
The Vita is more connected and that matters a LOT.

Also it's really absent minded how much fright this No-Used-Games DRM had caused. Why do people believe EVERYTHING they read on the internet to such a literal extent.
Oh, Gran Turismo 6 is totally coming. We've heard rumors that Drive Club was originally planned as a Gran Turismo spinoff ala Forza Horizon, but Polyphony (Gran Turismo's developer) wasn't a fan of that idea.
(Feb. 22, 2013  9:24 AM)To Wrote: Oh, Gran Turismo 6 is totally coming. We've heard rumors that Drive Club was originally planned as a Gran Turismo spinoff ala Forza Horizon, but Polyphony (Gran Turismo's developer) wasn't a fan of that idea.

Drive Club looks good though! I mean the graphics looked beautiful. I couldn't see Polyphony wanting anyone else to make anything GT-related but themselves.
Well the PS4 has me caught. I probably won't buy it until half a year has past (Or if a special expensive KH edition comes out haha).

Watch Dogs looked impressive on the PS4 and Knack looked like a pretty fun game. And Square Enix once again burnt all my hype. Excited for E3 though. Versus might have a name change...