[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

(Apr. 27, 2014  3:14 PM)th!nk Wrote: Driger V2 will generally...[encyclopedic knowledge]...if I had any doubt that the more recent stuff was correct I wouldn't be saying this in the first place, haha.

And this, ladies and gents, is (only one of the many reasons) why th!nk is freaking AWESOME.
Alright, I'll get Triple Tiger back and yeah I know Driger V2 > Driger S but I managed to beat my own team mate with a slightly customized Driger S.
[NOT A DOUBLE POST - UPDATE]

So had a pretty good Bey session at my university where I introduced people to the metagame behind Beyblade. The other guy that had plastic beys and I just let people have at it since he had a bit of a collection (some of which I scouted out).

I then went ahead and built him a decent LAD bey consisting of:

AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Ten Wide
SG: Left Bearing Shaft (Wolborg 2)
SP: Cross Survivor
BB: Customized Grip

That bey pretty much won against everything we threw at it (forgot to mention, since I'm too broke to afford a Tornado Attack, we used that good ol' Thunder Whip) save for a slightly modified Driger S with a HMC and Ten Heavy.

That being said, I built him a right spin LAD using:

AR: Roller Defenser
WD: Ten Wide
SG: Right (Wolborg 2)
BB: Defense Grip 2

I know, not a proper one but with the parts that he had, it will make due. I was also upset that while he had Driger V2's AR, he did not have the SP to reconstruct that bey. Interestingly enough, he had a Death Gargoyle MS and that pretty much is still the best bey. I even matched it up to some of the MFB, including Jade Jupiter, VariAres and Pirates Killerken and it pretty much demolished them all. As much as I wanted that bey so bad, I didn't have it in my heart to let him part with it and he didn't want to trade for any MFB beys.

But I did snag some good competitive parts for it. I ended getting Storm Grip Base, Seaborg 2's AR and Master Dragoon with a 8 Heavy WD instead (I honestly prefer them over 10 Wides). So I am going to experiment with Seaborg 2's AR with a left-spin set up and Master Dragoon's AR but right now I have Eight Spiker on it so it should be fine. I even got a few Neo Dragon Winders out of it so I think I am all set for now.

So right now in my collection of competitive beys I have:

Right Spin Smash
AR: Triple Claw
WR: 10 Wide
SG: Neo Right (HMC - swapped it back from Driger S)
BB: Metal Flat - GDV

Left Spin Spike
AR: Eight Spiker
WR: 10 Heavy
SG: Left
BB: Storm Grip Base

Driger S with Magnecore South SG and 10 Heavy

Flash Leopard (Stock)

Master Dragoon with 8 Heavy

All in all, today was a good day despite me not scoring the Zombies. Also, forgot to mention that the BB and SP for the Zombie Left build was mine so it was a decent trade imo.
(May. 01, 2014  3:37 AM)BrooklynBEGA Wrote: [NOT A DOUBLE POST - UPDATE]

So right now in my collection of competitive beys I have:

Right Spin Smash
AR: Triple Claw
WR: 10 Wide
SG: Neo Right (HMC - swapped it back from Driger S)
BB: Metal Flat - GDV

Left Spin Spike
AR: Eight Spiker
WR: 10 Heavy
SG: Left
BB: Storm Grip Base

Driger S with Magnecore South SG and 10 Heavy

Flash Leopard (Stock)

Master Dragoon with 8 Heavy

All in all, today was a good day despite me not scoring the Zombies. Also, forgot to mention that the BB and SP for the Zombie Left build was mine so it was a decent trade imo.

Sounds like a good haul!
You might want to experiment with the MG core in the Triple Claw+GDV custom and see how it handles recoil. If it's able not to get self ko'd too often, then it should be a decent pay off, seeing as how it will be a fair bit faster than if it was weighed down by an HMC.
And a fully compact heavy Driger S with HMC is a good call anyway.
Does Dragoon V have any competitive use??
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Dragoon_V
Well the left SG is always nice, and the BB is alright, but other than that, no.
(Jun. 22, 2014  6:28 PM)Echizen Wrote: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Dragoon_V

I've read that; I wanted personal opinions.

(Jun. 22, 2014  6:28 PM)Du@l Wrote: Well the left SG is always nice, and the BB is alright, but other than that, no.

So is the AR that worthless??
It really isn't that good.
(Jun. 22, 2014  7:53 PM)Du@l Wrote: It really isn't that good.

Is the V2 AR better or not?
(Jun. 22, 2014  8:47 PM)Neo~ Wrote:

It's better, but neither are as good as Dragoon G's AR.
I perfer Dragoon V2 mong the Dragoon series because the AR, SG, and BB
Dragoon V2s AR has actually always worked quite well for me in right spin. Also, the support on V2 isn't without its uses.
(Jun. 22, 2014  9:33 PM)Time Wrote: Dragoon V2s AR has actually always worked quite well for me in right spin. Also, the support on V2 isn't without its uses.

The problem is price, unfortunately.

(Jun. 22, 2014  9:15 PM)Stars Wrote: I perfer Dragoon V2 mong the Dragoon series because the AR, SG, and BB

That's what I heard..

(Jun. 22, 2014  9:15 PM)Woumb@ Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2014  8:47 PM)Neo~ Wrote:

Really? What about GT's?? I'd think that would be the better..
(Jun. 22, 2014  10:07 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2014  9:33 PM)Time Wrote: Dragoon V2s AR has actually always worked quite well for me in right spin. Also, the support on V2 isn't without its uses.

(Jun. 22, 2014  9:15 PM)Stars Wrote: I perfer Dragoon V2 mong the Dragoon series because the AR, SG, and BB

That's what I heard..

(Jun. 22, 2014  9:15 PM)Woumb@ Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2014  8:47 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Is the V2 AR better or not?

I think GT's has use in Right Spin Upper Attack, but the only problem is that it's expensive and hard to find. It does different things than Eight Spiker, but I don't know whether it's better at what it does.
(Jun. 22, 2014  11:29 PM)Woumb@ Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2014  10:07 PM)Neo~ Wrote:

That's what I heard..

(Jun. 22, 2014  9:15 PM)Woumb@ Wrote: It's better, but neither are as good as Dragoon G's AR.

I think GT's has use in Right Spin Upper Attack, but the only problem is that it's expensive and hard to find. It does different things than Eight Spiker, but I don't know whether it's better at what it does.

Oh, right spin?
Myself, I use Left.

What are its uses?
For the most part, using SPs for anything other than LAD or defense is a fruiteless endeavour. Triple Tiger and Dark Survivor have good synergy for an attacker, but I really consider it to be the only SP that has any business attacking, and even then only when aligned with Triple Tiger.

Dragoon V2's AR is almost useful in left spin, but its recoil kills it. Whats your idea for using it in right spin? Attack?
Eight Spiker and G Upper are both two of the better Dragoon ARs for certain, but a good Right Spin AR with a fast base would take care of the majority of same spin opponents, and i'd say their use is really limited to left-spinning survival types.
(Jun. 26, 2014  4:12 PM)Bastion Wrote:

What are its uses?
For the most part, using SPs for anything other than LAD or defense is a fruiteless endeavour. Triple Tiger and Dark Survivor have good synergy for an attacker, but I really consider it to be the only SP that has any business attacking, and even then only when aligned with Triple Tiger.

Dragoon V2's AR is almost useful in left spin, but its recoil kills it. Whats your idea for using it in right spin? Attack?
Eight Spiker and G Upper are both two of the better Dragoon ARs for certain, but a good Right Spin AR with a fast base would take care of the majority of same spin opponents, and i'd say their use is really limited to left-spinning survival types.
Use the Draciel V2 SPs for his BB and there you go.
Recoil is good if used properly, an example; Cybernetic Dragon with Grip base. Right smasher.
(Jun. 26, 2014  4:24 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Use the Draciel V2 SPs for his BB and there you go.
Recoil is good if used properly, an example; Cybernetic Dragon with Grip base. Right smasher.

Draciel V2's SPs, fin tector, are massively overrated. In the old days, Brad, Beholder & Co praised it as the top choice smash attack SP, but honestly, times have changed. Use the AR for attack, not the SP.

I'm well aware recoil can be used well, my point is, why bother with a recoil-prone Spike Dragon AR when you have superior performance parts without self-KO risk?

Edit: In fact, my previous post already says most of this.
(Jun. 27, 2014  12:13 AM)Bastion Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2014  4:24 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Use the Draciel V2 SPs for his BB and there you go.

Draciel V2's SPs, fin tector, are massively overrated. In the old days, Brad, Beholder & Co praised it as the top choice smash attack SP, but honestly, times have changed. Use the AR for attack, not the SP.

I'm well aware recoil can be used well, my point is, why bother with a recoil-prone Spike Dragon AR when you have superior performance parts without self-KO risk?

If you can pull off a sliding shoot at the corner of a pocket, and stay in and not self KO, it can be super Recoil 1 HITKO.
(Jun. 27, 2014  12:44 AM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  12:13 AM)Bastion Wrote:

If you can pull off a sliding shoot at the corner of a pocket, and stay in and not self KO, it can be super Recoil 1 HITKO.

I have no idea why you're defending Dragoon V2's AR this hard.
If you can pull off a sliding shoot, and if you can stay in and if you don't self KO, and if you happen to make contact with the opponent, you might OHKO.

Or you could just chose a better AR.
(Jun. 27, 2014  7:20 PM)Bastion Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  12:44 AM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  12:13 AM)Bastion Wrote: Draciel V2's SPs, fin tector, are massively overrated. In the old days, Brad, Beholder & Co praised it as the top choice smash attack SP, but honestly, times have changed. Use the AR for attack, not the SP.

I have no idea why you're defending Dragoon V2's AR this hard.
If you can pull off a sliding shoot, and if you can stay in and if you don't self KO, and if you happen to make contact with the opponent, you might OHKO.

But Eight Attacker and Spike Dragon both are good. Eight Spiker doesn't have the smash like they do.
(Jun. 27, 2014  7:24 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  7:20 PM)Bastion Wrote: I have no idea why you're defending Dragoon V2's AR this hard.

But Eight Attacker and Dragon Spiker both are good. Eight Spiker doesn't have the smash like they do.

I just specifid RIGHT THERE that we're talking about Spike Dragon, the AR of Dragoon V2.

It's not worth the effort of counting on such a situational and, frankly, luck-dependent set up when you have more reliable options available, just like G Upper and Eight Spiker.
(Jun. 27, 2014  7:32 PM)Bastion Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  7:24 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2014  7:20 PM)Bastion Wrote: I have no idea why you're defending Dragoon V2's AR this hard.

But Eight Attacker and Dragon Spiker both are good. Eight Spiker doesn't have the smash like they do.

I just specifid RIGHT THERE that we're talking about Spike Dragon, the AR of Dragoon V2.

It's not worth the effort of counting on such a situational and, frankly, luck-dependent set up when you have more reliable options available, just like G Upper and Eight Spiker.
Spike Dragon* that was a typo.
Maybe G Upper because it has 4 bigger spikes, but Eight Spiker has extremely small spikes.
(Jun. 27, 2014  7:49 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Spike Dragon* that was a typo.
Maybe G Upper because it has 4 bigger spikes, but Eight Spiker has extremely small spikes.

I don't understand the relevance of that comment about the numbers of spikes.
I was saying that both G Upper and Eight Spiker are better than Spike Dragon.