[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

(Jan. 06, 2012  2:04 AM)Hazel Wrote: I can also attest to my Dragoon F's old tip being really slow - it was the only rubber tip I could really control well in a Hasbro stadium back then, haha.

Yeah, I agree.
My Dragoon F base is pretty much unused atm, and I find the rubber WAY too hard, actually. As it is so hard, it doesn't get enough grip, and hence it moves around quite slow...
But yes, the speed at least equals that of a Flat BB. Smile
UltraBlader- I had an SK Dragoon F too(or wait, it was Takara... Wait, did SK even release Dragoon F?! My memory sucks...), IIRC. Confused The difference in the rubber was not huge, but it was still overall "hard" in comparison to the likes of Storm Grip...
But yes, the Hasbro variant seemed to be the hardest, if it be proved that even TT's was softer. Smile
Yeah I know that Dragoon F's base is generally hard rubber but I want to know if there was any difference between them. Also it may have only been metal masters version I recently found out. Also Sonokong was/is the company that releases beyblade in certain areas of Asia(not sure where) so they would have released all of the beys.
Honestly, I wish a few of the members with larger collections would chip in more often and help us out :C

Also, those members with loads of knowledge who don't post much any more should pop by and just dump their knowledge here, so we may feast upon their knowledge.

And yeah, I only have hasbro ones, so I can't help. Poseidon has a TT Clear Ver I think, but then idk if he has anything to compare it to.
Doesn't matter too much. Also there's apparantely different molds of the Japanese Driger V2's bottom. One of them is very good for defence. i copied it:

Quote:
Driger V2 base is very useful for defense IF you use the sharp tip mold. There is a Japanese mold that is not a change tip, but sharp. This base is low, dense, and simply shaped.

The BBF threads are so cool and useful. Anyone who hasn't downloaded them from Kei's link already should do so.
Yeah, driger V2's base in general works well as a compact, but it's generally considered outclassed by Metal Change Base, because the latter is lower. It's pretty good with Defense ring, but for pure defense there are many, many better options.

I guess I need to download that. But when reading it, remember to be skeptical about things, as I'm sure there were equivalents of "hurr hyper orso m145f for attacks is best" back then too.
UltraBlader: I own
1x Standard Dragoon F Hasbro Ver.,
1x Hasbro Metal Master Ver.,
1x Takara Crystal Ver.

It seems that there are no difference between them, touching the tips.

Honestly, i've never used the Crystal Ver. due to its rarity, but reading this i'll test the Crystal Base asap, comparing movements and results with the other two versions.

I'll let you know it in 48h!

EDIT: someone tested the S-ARs on Gabriel Base?
All we really need right now is a comparison of how soft they feel, don't scuff up your rare base. Seeing as you find no difference, I don't think it's really worth testing Smile

No one has tried that yet. Mine should get here next week, I will check then.

Okay, Trawling through that archive from bbf now. Couple of notes: Looks like Hasbro Twin Horn/War Lion SAR was mostly unpopular because people expected more from it, but takara twin horn might've been better, idk. I can't wait to get mine.

Along with posting the Sharp Driger V2 thing, metal sharp tips are easily destabilised by good attackers anyway.

No offence, but yeah I disagree. Stability is great and all but there are just many better options.

Also, he mentions the wolborg IV setup, Wolborg IV tip thing, on Rock Bison EG and Draciel G Base. As much as it strikes me as fantastically illegal, I don't doubt it works, but I still prefer Wolborg IV's own base as it leaves less of a gap between the CEW Part and WD (and is less awkwardly tall). I'm guessing it probably has better balance too.

EDIT 2: Okay so that actually was considered legal. Plastics is amazing.

I must nag Kei to check out my uriel 2 thing......

Um the thing you're calling illegal was basically exactly what LeeDraciel used in the plastics tourney a while ago.
(Jan. 06, 2012  7:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: All we really need right now is a comparison of how soft they feel, don't scuff up your rare base. Seeing as you find no difference, I don't think it's really worth testing Smile

Ah,ok Wink
Yes, i can assure that touching them there's no difference!

Now talking about the Desert Sphynxer S-AR, i've tested it a week ago.
Well, i used it in a lot of combos (defensive combos, compact combos, survival combos, attack combos), but i've observed that it's a neutral component.
With neutral i mean that it doesn't aggravate nor improve anything of the combos where it's settled!
Its form suggest spike attack, but its free spinning and the little shape of the three spikes make this S-AR a "stupid-neutral" component!
(Jan. 06, 2012  8:21 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Um the thing you're calling illegal was basically exactly what LeeDraciel used in the plastics tourney a while ago.

Yeah, except for the fact that he used Wolborg 4's SG, not Rock Bison's, which was entirely the point of why I questioned the legality.

However, it appears that it was accepted as legal anyway, despite the SG and CEW Parts of Wolborg IV and Rock Bison just being considered one piece by the manufacturers. :l
Yeah but they're the same thing just in different colours... If it works which it does then why it not be legal?
Dude, if you're going to argue, please get your facts straight. The engine gears are different, there's a reason you need to use rock bison's to use another base (other than rock bison's own): Rock Bison's EG is taller. Plus, as I said, the EG's and the "CEW Parts" are considered single parts. Also, you can't really get to the tabs of Draciel G's base if you put Wolborg 4's Circle Survivor part on it, so it inhibits that.

The bases are considered separate parts so yeah you can use whatever base you like with EG Circle Survive, but only Rock Bison's and Wolborg IV's fit anyway and they're basically identical.

But as I said, apparently it's legal anyway, so why you're even arguing this I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out why you'd think I'd actually question a setup which you thought was basically just a different colour from the original and not consider that there might be something you've missed somewhere along the line.
I realize that wasn't clear what I meant there. I meant only that the engine gear cores were generally the same in design. I haven't owned Rock Bison for a while but i've also never paid much attention to which engine gear does what.(mainly cause they suck) Also I wasn't arguing anything I was just wondering why you thought it wasn't legal when it clearly works. Sorry I didn't mean to upset you.
As I pointed out, they are different (longer prongs), and as a result, Wolborg IV's CEW part doesn't sit quite as nicely on rock bison's EG, and maybe more importantly, Rock Bison's CEW part cannot fit on Wolborg 4's at all. They were designed to be exclusively used with their own EG's.

That was why I questioned it. It doesn't even "work" completely, as the tabs become inaccessible.

That said, seeing as it was considered legal, I'm going to consider my Uriel 2 setup legal for now, because it actually seems like it was meant to be done, unlike... That.

And I wasn't upset, more perturbed as to why you didn't consider things a bit more thoroughly.
Just as a side note concerning your Uriel 2 Base trick, th!nk, we're pretty much in agreement at the moment that it should be legal, I just don't think Kei's gotten around to openly mentioning it, haha. I've spoken to him and several others about it on numerous occasions, and never met any disagreement about it, at the very least.
That's good to hear, there's plenty of crazier things out there.

Admittedly I'm pretty glad, I love the combo a lot.

Also, I may have a tournament coming up in the coming months, soooo Tongue_out
(Jan. 06, 2012  7:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: Okay, Trawling through that archive from bbf now. Couple of notes: Looks like Hasbro Twin Horn/War Lion SAR was mostly unpopular because people expected more from it, but takara twin horn might've been better, idk. I can't wait to get mine.

It may not look like I did this, but I had gone to a place which was near my old apartment. I met a few friends(about 10-15 of them) there with whom I used to play beyblade back in the plastic/HMS era.
I discussed with them about these S-ARs, and they were shocked to hear that they could be useful. They thought that because they were free spinning, it would never do much. Then I told them that certain ARs do not allow them to spin freely.
None of them knew about this... :\
Even I didn't know about this until recently I was notified by a few people of its free-spinning thing being avoidable...
So, would the reason for being 'unpopular' be the lack of information?
I do not mean to say that my friends were "know-it-alls" and if they do not know this, no one does. But just maybe this might be the reason? I've noticed that only WBO people seem to know much about this and I think that just 1 out of 50 non-WBO plastic bladers might know of this... Confused

So maybe, this thing never gained enough popularity...
Not entirely sure what you're talking about there, sorry?

Another note: Guardian Odin/Anubis suggested something along the lines of AR: Smash Turtle/WD: 10 Heavy/SG:HMC/BB: (get this) SG Sharp.

I tried it and it is actually hard to KO, but the stability makes it easily outspun by most attackers that can knock it off balance decent. Still, very impressive. :\
I meant to say that, maybe the reason for S-ARs being unpopular, is the lack of knowledge. Most of them did not seem to know that S-ARs can be prevented from spinning freely. As most S-ARs (most notably Twin Horn's S-AR) need to be 'fixed' to work out well (as I have understood from a few posts in this thread), I think this would have caused the unpopularity of S-ARs?
Why just Hasbro S-ARs were infamous, I dunno... Confused
recently i found my war-lion attack ring from my old plastic stuff and was trying for some good combos....when i use it with 10 balance WD the S-AR was free spinning but when i tried it with 10 heavy it stays at the place where i have placed it througout the battle unless n until very strong hits are made...i think 10 heavy being slightly thick helps S-AR to avoid its free-spin
I don't see why you think its free-spinning is bad, it only cushions the impact made by the opposing bey.
Guys, Free spinning is generally good defensively unless it opens a bey up to being upper'd or scraping, or provides excess friction. Huge free-spinning wings: bad for everything including attack (unless you can fix them in place but , then they aren't free spinning), though they can help spoil smash attack sometimes, it's a gigantic tradeoff for a very minor return. Small Free spinning AR's (basically War Lion and, um, War Lion. War Monkey isn't too bad I guess, but War Lion Serious ) are good for absorbing hits from smash and don't have a negative impact on anything (other than attack, but they're obviously useless for that anyway).

There is absolutely no circumstance where you would want a galeon SAR to not spin freely. By the way, mine spins freely on all my weight disks, though things like 10 wide, wide defense, etc must be placed a certain way up.
yeah...but some times it may affect the spin velocity considerably which i don't like...Wink
Instead it being non-movable i can have diffent patterns for the same AR...lol Grin
(Jan. 07, 2012  7:20 AM)th!nk Wrote: Guys, Free spinning is generally good defensively unless it opens a bey up to being upper'd or scraping, or provides excess friction. Huge free-spinning wings: bad for everything including attack (unless you can fix them in place but , then they aren't free spinning), though they can help spoil smash attack sometimes, it's a gigantic tradeoff for a very minor return. Small Free spinning AR's (basically War Lion and, um, War Lion. War Monkey isn't too bad I guess, but War Lion Serious ) are good for absorbing hits from smash and don't have a negative impact on anything (other than attack, but they're obviously useless for that anyway).

There is absolutely no circumstance where you would want a galeon SAR to not spin freely. By the way, mine spins freely on all my weight disks, though things like 10 wide, wide defense, etc must be placed a certain way up.

Yes, that's why I said that Twin Horn's Sub AR needs to be fixed...
Too wide and probably high recoil, you know.
And yes, Twin Horn's S-AR opens up an EG bey. I lost mine in a similar process. It once opened up my bey and all parts flew apart... I retained all, just lost the S-AR.
Dan- Yes, shorter, more-circular free spinning parts are great.
I find the best comparison for that in HMS, but this is not an HMS discussion... Smile
... It affects spin velocity less than hitting something that is directly connected to the bey.

Please, really think about things before replying Smile

jan: The thing I posted was Hasbro Twin Horn AR With a Galeon SAR, not the other way round Tongue_out